webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Wondering what time to get in line
Wondering what time to get in line

Old 05/31/2009, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am sure there are going to be huge lines at Sprint. The Sprint in my area opens at 10:00 a.m. on June 6 so I plan to get there at 5:00 a.m. Does anyone else think I am jumping the gun by getting there so early?
milleniaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2009, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess you'll find out when you get there. I've got an appointment scheduled online. I hope that means I get assistance at my appointment time in front of the walk-ins.
jcydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you're a night owl, you could swing by the location the night before and see if anyone is crazy enough to camp out at your location. If there aren't campers, I don't think anyone would get there before 5am. If you want to really increase your chances of getting one on launch day, getting there early isn't a bad idea.

As for appointments, that seems a way to avoid needing to get there early, but if the early birds wipe out stock before your appointment, you'd have to wait
xopher#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2009, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I assume this violates Sprint's agreement, so I won't name names.

But I was able to reserve a Pre. What I did was I called all the local retail stores (Sprint PCS, Best Buy, WalMart, Radio Shack, etc.). I asked "Will you have the Pre tomorrow?" "How many do you have?" "Are you opening early?"

SprintPCS, as you can imagine, was totally useless. They divulged no information whatsoever. Except one guy at one local store said, "I would normally say it's unnecessary to come early, but already 12 people have called today asking the same questions." He did not, however, divulge how many units he has. (P.S. I do not understand why this is Sprint PCS's policy... how is it useful to be opaque about information).

Every other store was very open about how many people called; how many they have (not a lot, anywhere from 2 to 8 of the many, many, many stores I called).

So I'd call around, be friendly, and then ask if they'd be willing to set one aside if you came in today to make a deposit. Everyone will say no, but by sheer persistence I found somebody who said yes.
henryhsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0