Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "If you pinch the screen, you minimize the app you're in. Swiping up/down closes the app." I asked him
    Ah, that makes sense now. The swipe up is the part that does it.
    The gesture is new to me. I also noticed the "shutter lag" when he snaps a pic at the end of the video. There had been talk of no lag in the Pre. It's about the same as my BB. Hopefully you can take a quick succession of pics as was also rumored.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    He's doing the swipe up gesture- guaranteed. Xyg is right, no question. May be that the guy is trying to intentionally mislead people because that seems to be the only reason to do that gesture.

Think about it- if you were to do a pinch gesture, why would you do it in the gesture area? I would think you would just pinch the screen- just like you do with pictures.
    LOL...in the beginning of the video, he called it the "Treo Pre"

It does look like he pinches to close the browser after he opens MySpace..but it's really kind of hard to determine. I don't think it makes much sense either, especially when you are in the browser, it would be way to easy to accidentally minimize the browser when all you're trying to do is to zoom out.
    seems like you can pinch in web cards, or swipe up from gesture area to minimize
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Ah, that makes sense now. The swipe up is the part that does it.
    So the swipe up in the gesture is what minimizes the window? Wonder why he makes it look like he's pinching.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Probably because he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Probably because he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Let me put on my shocked face...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i did a pinch gesture this morning to minimize something - but it had nothing to do with a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i did a pinch gesture this morning to minimize something - but it had nothing to do with a Pre.
    Seriously, sometimes you say rude and mean things, but this was hilarious.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yes you can minimize with the pinch gesture - its clear 1.36 mark - his friend shows him how
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12