webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Think there wont be a Twitter app? check THIS out...
Think there wont be a Twitter app? check THIS out...

Old 06/02/2009, 03:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
The Pre is the perfect Twitter device. I mean, the keyboard, multitasking, everything. If they can pull it off (an app which allows GPS geotagging, auto upload of pics, e.t.c. just like pocketwit), they'll make me happy.
I've been totally hooked on Pocketwit I really hope one of the Pre apps mimics its functionality.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009, 04:39 AM   #22 (permalink)

I second Pocketwit for being an excellent WM twitter client. But I am sure there will be a flood of twitter apps for the Pre in time.
Old 06/02/2009, 04:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
Weird that it's via Search. Strange. I'd be impressed if it was PreTweet or something.

The weird thing is his updates are protected but it appeared in Search in my Tweetdeck.
Old 06/02/2009, 05:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
I second Pocketwit for being an excellent WM twitter client. But I am sure there will be a flood of twitter apps for the Pre in time.
Haha, probably. If what chuq says is true, once the SDK is public we could see Twitter apps in the hundreds.

If someone manages to mimic a similar functionality to Pocketwit all I need is 1. heh I'm interested to see what the "official"/ flagship app will be like.

And the guy mentioned before when you find him in search.twitter.com it says his post was done via web. So, kinda skeptical.
Old 06/02/2009, 10:33 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
Twitter lets me keep up with my friends in a simple way & it isnt Facebook, so thats a big plus in my book.

Sorry, but I dont need to know your top 5 pizza toppings or what dumb quiz you took today.
See, that's why I never use Twitter but I do use Facebook. On facebook I can post funny/interesting links I run across as well as photos and other things I want to share with my friends. It's less annoying than a mass email because logging on to read what people post is voluntary. With Twitter you essentially get status updates but with Facebook I can share photos and links. Since lots of my friends treat it the same way I can log on when I am bored and read through all of the links and things that people found interesting.
neodorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

My facebook wall is much like twitter but even better. For one thing, it allows more than 140 characters for each post.

Tell me again what the big deal is with Twitter?
ronlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009, 12:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
I spotted this tweet

Humm, He's protected now.
Old 06/02/2009, 12:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

I like twitter because it's like an RSS feed of status updates that can also have regular links and links to photos, which neodorian suggests isn't possible. Yes twitter isn't just limited to text.

Facebook takes more to load for me on my cell phone and my desktop. Twitter is more simpler and more barebones. Not to mention, at least on WinMo, Twitter apps are much richer than the clunky Facebook apps or using PIE or Iris for facebook. Obviously Facebook offers a more complex feed of information from your friends or whatever. But sometimes I want simple straight line of info from my friends or any news source I follow as well.

To each his own.
Old 06/02/2009, 12:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

More confirmation.

Quote:
foxycar: So excited!! I now have a Twitter client on my....well, it's not available yet. But soon!
about 11 hours ago from web
Quote:
jhoff80: @foxycar Why bother posting from the web then? Besides, I'm sure there will be others on Saturday doing it too, just hope Sprint has enough.
about 10 hours ago from web in reply to foxycar
Quote:
foxycar: @jhoff80 i posted with the client, but it says from the web. i'm not sure why the client doesn't brand itself. it's called Tweed
about 10 hours ago from web
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2009, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

I've been surprised by the success of or interest in Twitter, but when I think about the number of forums I've seen with topics like, "What are you eating* RIGHT NOW," the idea seems like a slam dunk.

Personally, I don't care what folks are eating. What they're listening to or watching isn't an active interest, either. But, as with so many other social networking tools, corporations have pounced on this one and given it both more and less credibility.**

I'm considering some of these channels as ways to bring my very large family together (or at least keep us in-touch) more than for most other applications.

* - or "listening to" or "watching"
** - Okay, mostly "more." It's places like MySpace and FaceBook having corporate pages that bugs me.
Old 06/02/2009, 01:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by west3man View Post
I've been surprised by the success of or interest in Twitter, but when I think about the number of forums I've seen with topics like, "What are you eating* RIGHT NOW," the idea seems like a slam dunk.

Personally, I don't care what folks are eating. What they're listening to or watching isn't an active interest, either.
Neither do I, and I'm a (initially reluctant) Twitter user. It all depends on who you follow. I've got a few tech sites that just tweet the headlines of their articles, a few famous people (David Lynch, Trent Reznor, Adam from Mythbusters, etc.), some sports players, some real-life friends, and a bunch of random people from tech sites (Dieter, Joshua Topolsky from Engadget, the above Lynn Fox from Palm, etc.)

But here's the thing. I don't care at all about their daily lives whatsoever. If someone tweets mundane details of their life, I remove them (well, except for the football players, I like reading how the OTAs are going.) The ones I keep in my list are there because they say interesting things.

And I personally don't send out many tweets myself, but generally just respond to other people's and that sort of thing.

The bad reputation Twitter has comes from two things- Ashton Kutcher, and people who tweet every little mundane detail of their day.... but if more people used it the 'right' way, then I think a lot of people would be surprised at how interesting and/or useful it can be.

(And for those who say limiting to 140 characters is a huge issue, I actually really like it myself, both in reading other posts, and writing them myself. For some reason I like when I'm posting something that's over the limit, and then I have to figure out a way to make it fit without resorting to using txt-speak. It's like a little mini-puzzle to me. )
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009, 01:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Follow @tweed on Twitter

Hello world! Tweed is a Twitter client from @pivotallabs for @palm #palmpre and #webos
13 minutes ago from web

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0