1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how much language WebOS can support out of the box? In Asia, we have various languages other than English.

So sometimes, I may receive SMS text in Chinese or even Japanese. Also I listen to Thai, Chinese and Japanese songs with titles of those language.

You know standard mobile phone like Sony-Ericsson, Samsung already support some of these language out of the box.

So I wonder how well WebOS and its default application will support multiple languages
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how much language WebOS can support out of the box? In Asia, we have various languages other than English.

So sometimes, I may receive SMS text in Chinese or even Japanese. Also I listen to Thai, Chinese and Japanese songs with titles of those language.

You know standard mobile phone like Sony-Ericsson, Samsung already support some of these language out of the box.

So I wonder how well WebOS and its default application will support multiple languages
    Need the Thai language too, pls.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyme View Post
    Need the Thai language too, pls.
    Still trying to figure out how to get the thai fonts properly installed into webOS
    The Pre supports display of at least Chinese and Japanese. Don't know about Korean. With other languages, you may need to install fonts.

There are a couple of apps that enable you to input simplified Chinese characters, but this is not built into the phone. I think there are some Chinese hackers that are working on implementing Chinese character input throughout the OS, but I don't know much about that.

If and when Palm gets around to marketing WebOS phones in Asia, they'd have to provide an input method, etc.