webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Classic App.. What do you wanna port?
Classic App.. What do you wanna port?

Old 04/22/2009, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

So I am new to the palm realm.

I had one of the original palm pilots when I was in High school. It wasn't even color. I used it like crazy and it did alot of good for me. But they weren't even making 3rd party apps for it at the time.

What do you wanna see ported over and why? I'm gonna try to find old applications if I can and they're useful. So lemme know what you think would benefit us kids that are new to the palm ship.

Old 04/22/2009, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tetris... life saver when you're on the pot
nosepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2009, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I want to see Agendas and Dataviz Office.
ThePoisonBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2009, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
I want to see Agendas and Dataviz Office.
That one. Definitely.
Old 04/22/2009, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zcu

Ptunes latest version with podcast support.
Garmin Mobile xt
Neeews
Zcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2009, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don'T see the fuss over old palmos apps working on a brand new solid webos design its just a bunch of rubbish.When apple came to the game 2 yrs ago they was nothing to port over to a new apple os i mean if they wanted to they could of bring over some some old ipod games but the masses had to wait for app dev and a long time. pre is coming to the game with new webos apps that we know of and maybe some surprise apps .The pre is coming with an app store known as the app catalog ,apple did not give people that joy 2yrs ago, when you see webos in action you will ask yourself where was this all the time .so just be cool and hang in ..
cookgoose34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2009, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookgoose34 View Post
I don'T see the fuss over old palmos apps working on a brand new solid webos design its just a bunch of rubbish.When apple came to the game 2 yrs ago they was nothing to port over to a new apple os i mean if they wanted to they could of bring over some some old ipod games but the masses had to wait for app dev and a long time. pre is coming to the game with new webos apps that we know of and maybe some surprise apps .The pre is coming with an app store known as the app catalog ,apple did not give people that joy 2yrs ago, when you see webos in action you will ask yourself where was this all the time .so just be cool and hang in ..
Did you even know what the classic app was when you posted this bulletin? Do you realize how easy its gonna be to be able to port these old palm apps over? Why wouldn't you wanna see them cross-platform?

With your same argument, we could also ask microsoft or apple why they made old application available from Windows 95 to 98 to 2000 to ME to XP to Vista. It's because if a program or app works great before, then its gonna work great after.

Apps are great apps, if it works great on palm, then why not make it work great on the pre. Why didn't we see "old" apps on the original iphone? I dunno. Ask Steve Jobs. If the iphone (or the pre for that matter) has the end-all-be-all of applications at its initial release then, I guess nokia, samsung, LG, motorola might as well just stop developing phones. Oh, and C-ya later android.

It's all about forward progress, and with that, taking the good things from the past and using them till your hearts content.
Old 04/23/2009, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sling
crawform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2009, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

TreoAlarm
Well, in this new port the name would have to be changed.

SplashID
Se7enth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2009, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

SplashID and Bonsai. I need those apps. But to be useful, I need to be able to update them. I use these apps with their desktop counterparts. I really hope Classic develops a hotsync function.
carrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0