webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Is there a desktop emulator for WebOS yet?
Is there a desktop emulator for WebOS yet?

Old 02/24/2009, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

I created a few PalmOS programs year ago and tested them using the desktop emulator. I am wondering if there has been such an emulator (not to run Garnet programs as some searches imply) but to view the workings of WebOS and the functionality of the Pre from the convenience of a desktop.
drabusharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2009, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, but only existing in the SDK which none of us have our hands on yet.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2009, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am looking at a pre. My new company is suggesting I use outlook. Currently I am using palm desktop w/ agendus for windows. I am wondering what people are going to use as a desktop app when changing to web os?
msquaredm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2009, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's not clear yet if Palm will release some sort of companion desktop software for webOS devices. But you should be able to use just about any desktop client that syncs its data with a web service; synergy should allow you to pull down contacts, calendar and mail from most web services.
KenYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2009, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racewater View Post
I am looking at a pre. My new company is suggesting I use outlook. Currently I am using palm desktop w/ agendus for windows. I am wondering what people are going to use as a desktop app when changing to web os?
If cost is not an issue Outlook with exchange would be the best choice.
ADGrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0