webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > A problem with Garnet emulation on Pre
A problem with Garnet emulation on Pre

Old 01/23/2009, 03:51 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meballard View Post
Between playing with an iPhone, and what I've seen on the Pre, I don't think it would be that much of an issue.
I'm not sure what "it" you mean. If you're saying you think we'd be able to select all text, using our fingers, I think you're (going to be) mistaken.

I hope I'm wrong, though, because that would be awesome.

Ultimately, I think that selecting webpage text and using gps programs for selecting specific points would require something pointier than the tip of my finger. (And, apparently, the tip of a finger nail won't register.)
Old 01/23/2009, 08:45 AM   #22 (permalink)

I have another idea...is there enough space to use the extended gesture area as sort of a laptop touchpad? It would control a pointer (a nice Windows arrow) just like on a laptop. The button could be used to tap (even double tap) with some interesting gesture programmed (that doesn't infringe on Apple patents) to return the button to its normal default function.

Too weird?
Goyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2009, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
I have another idea...is there enough space to use the extended gesture area as sort of a laptop touchpad? It would control a pointer (a nice Windows arrow) just like on a laptop. The button could be used to tap (even double tap) with some interesting gesture programmed (that doesn't infringe on Apple patents) to return the button to its normal default function.

Too weird?
I'll go even weirder and suggest that with the accelerometers the Pre could become a 3d mouse. Just move it around until the pointer lands where you want it and push the button (or the left and right sides of the gesture area could be left and right mouse buttons).
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2009, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

bleerrrg. Good point.
epz3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0