1.    #1  
    Take a read http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...ing-for-webos/

Well, I think one of the important little nuances here to understand is that you might think from the name "webOS" and from the technologies used HTML and CSS and Javascript you might think that this is the whole thing, just kind of a fancy web browser, and that you're y'know, any interaction you take is interacting with web content. That's really not how it works at all. What you really have, is that you have an environment where a developer can write a traditional application so, an application that gets installed onto the phone with all its code and all of its user interface elements and that is actually local to the phone. There's also a database and file storage that allows you to take data from the internet connection and store it locally so when you're browsing your contacts, for example, you're interacting with an application that's local to the phone, with interface elements that are local to the phone and with contacts that are actually sitting on the phone.

What makes it this "webOS" is that the programming models for your developer rather than being C or Java is really just HTML and CSS and Javascript. So you can take a developer who's been developing web applications and quickly get them productive in the webOS SDK, leveraging their familiarity with these web-based standards. And that decision is one of the reasons we were able to get, very very quickly, a version of Pandora up and running. We were able to take one of our star web developers someone who has never touched the Palm webOS and not done mobile development before and have that person be immediately productive because it's all based on systems that they're familiar with from web development.
    not quite to the lower level of C, but definitely not just a webpage.
    Holy two-year-old thread resurrection, Batman!
    Maybe PreCentral should start locking down these threads that have been inactive for almost two years.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Maybe PreCentral should start locking down these threads that have been inactive for almost two years.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Nope! Ain't gunna doit.

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.