Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Soory if this has been posted and answered but will I still be able to use Agendus and other similar apps?
    Also, does this thing have an IR port? I need it in my industry.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Soory if this has been posted and answered but will I still be able to use Agendus and other similar apps?
    Also, does this thing have an IR port? I need it in my industry.
    no and no.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    no and no.
    Oh well. Thanks. On a different note, why such a quick product release right after the Pro is launched?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Oh well. Thanks. On a different note, why such a quick product release right after the Pro is launched?
    Pro is a windows device, Pre is the new Palm device. Its a "replacement" for the palm devices that have been around, with almost no change in OS for years and years

This will bring palm's total offerings to 4 (Pro, Centro, 800W and Pre) Compare that to other companies. Palm needed to get this thing out as soon as it could.
    What's the point of the 800w, though, once the CDMA Pro comes out?
    Its rumored that the 800w will reach its End of Life shortly after the Pro is released.
    The answer to running old apps is not quite clear. It seems possible (and Palm has hinted) that there might be an emulator available that would run at least some old apps.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The answer to running old apps is not quite clear. It seems possible (and Palm has hinted) that there might be an emulator available that would run at least some old apps.

No palm have said that if any third party wants to write an emulator, they are welcome to do so. Some people here have said that it's impossible unless they have access to certain bits of the machine for coding reasons I don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
    What's the point of the 800w, though, once the CDMA Pro comes out?
    Some might still prefer the 800 form factor, many prefer the 800's keyboard.
    Also, the 800 has Palm Special Sauce, the Pro is more WM Traditional.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, it's certainly possible - JavaScript is Turing-complete, and this will certainly support the <canvas> tag.

But, it won't be fast. It'll be slower than an underclocked Pilot 1000.