webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Office/Document functionality?
Office/Document functionality?

Old 01/09/2009, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Have we heard anything about whether or not the Palm Pre will support document reading and editing (specifically Microsoft Word documents) out of the box? And also do we know if it'll support bluetooth keyboards? As a student, i can't justify the purchase of a laptop, but using my phone+keyboard is a great solution for taking notes in class. I wonder if the Pre will allow similar functionality...
Trevante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2009, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

DataViz was listed as one of the Pre/webOS partners, so I assume Documents-to-Go will be available. Probably pre-installed.
EdCates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2009, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
DataViz was listed as one of the Pre/webOS partners, so I assume Documents-to-Go will be available. Probably pre-installed.
Assume nothing, fear everything!

deesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2009, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I actually fear little about the Pre, except how much I want one.

I was initially upset about the lack of an SD slot, then I realized I "only" have an 8 GB card in my Centro that's barely half full.

But that's me getting off topic.
EdCates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2009, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
I was initially upset about the lack of an SD slot, then I realized I "only" have an 8 GB card in my Centro that's barely half full.

But that's me getting off topic.
That's nothing, I also was worrying about it, and I only have a 1GB card (not a big music freak) on my 755p ... and I'm only using half of it!!! LOL. But then again, how am I supposed to "card-backup" (and restore in case of hard resets, etc.) the Pre? I mean without the PC or OTA, like with NVBackup.

Sorry I kept it off-topic.

Last edited by Cheker; 01/09/2009 at 08:35 PM.
Cheker is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0