1.    #1  
    GPS Navigace

It looks like there was a partial attempt to get it to work on webos, and just some parts are missing.
    Would this be maybe interesting to complete, for legacy and Lune ?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Well, author is not interested in completing it even on Meego, one of its "home" platforms, so I wouldn't hold my breath (see [Announce] modRana: a flexible GPS navigation system - Page 185 - maemo.org - Talk)

(DISCLAIMER: if the above sounds harsh, it's only because I failed to state it better in foreign to me language. I use old version of Modrana on my N9, like it and am thankful to MartinK for this nice app).

Still, I like "our" MapTool more and I'd welcome it on LuneOS, should it ever appear there
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
  3.    #3  
    ach, my bad
    briest, which version do you have installed? Would it work on my 808?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    GPS Navigace

It looks like there was a partial attempt to get it to work on webos, and just some parts are missing.
    Would this be maybe interesting to complete, for legacy and Lune ?
    I'm not sure what the situation is with navigation on LuneOS. I think Google maps needs work. I guess Navit would work - especially as 72ka is the maintainer for the webOS version (if he ever finds the time). It certainly needs a better interface.

This program you've found is available on SailfishOS and has been ported to SHR in the past. I believe both these projects have strong links to LuneOS - they are using a fair bit of Sailfish code and maybe even the developers of SHR are working on LuneOS (not sure). As you say there has been some work on a webOS port and some of the remaining steps are already done on LuneOS (QT5). So my uneducated guess is that this would be possible if someone wanted to do it - at least on LuneOS. Perhaps even a few tweaks on the Sailfish version would be enough.

For Legacy, I guess our eyes turn back to the possiblilty of porting Qt5 to legacy - which may also be needed for a new browser...
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    briest, which version do you have installed? Would it work on my 808?
    It's 0.43.4 git:1215c98 (according to Info >> About). 808 is Symbian device, isn't it? Then AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$'$s$ $no$ $such$ $build$; $all$ $platforms$ $it$ $works$ $on$ $seem$ $more$ $or$ $less$ $Linux$-$based$ ($as$ $per$ $project$ $wiki$: $Maemo$ $5$ @ $N900$, $Sailfish$ $OS$ @ $Jolla$, $Android$ $4$.$0$+, &#$8203$;$Fedora$, $MeeGo$ $1$.$2$ $Harmattan$ @ $N9$, $N950$).
    Does Nokia Maps not come on the N9?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Sure they do; but Maps and Navigation are mainly roadmaps and suddenly get much less useful when one goes off the road (or even goes cycling in not-so-flat neighbourhood). So, I use them while driving or looking for nearby POIs of known category, but otherwise I prefer various OSM renderings.
    Ah ok. Just curious. Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter