Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks again for the fork. I am getting enyo pack errors trying to use the library however. It is probably operator error, but I think I'm trying it correctly based on what I've read so far.
    Here's what I've done:
    1. enyo config -a libraries enyo-luneos
    2. enyo config sources.enyo-luneos https://github.com/JayCanuck/enyo-luneos.git
    3. enyo config targets.enyo-luneos master

That makes the project's ".enyoconfig" file look good.
    Then enyo init pulls down the enyo-luneos lib as expected.
    Then in the project's src/package.jsjsjs $I$ $added$:
    Code:
    	// luneOS, legacy webOS-specific library
    	"$lib/enyo-luneos",
    Thinking that enyo-dev knows it is in the lib folder (where it put it with "enyo init").
    Then in my src/views/views.jsjsjs $I$ $tried$ $two$ $different$ $modules$ $in$ $the$ '$require$ $block$' $but$ $both$ $block$ '$enyo$ $pack$' $resulting$ $in$ $a$ $pile$ $in$ $the$ $console$, $but$ $I$ $think$ $the$ $relevant$ $portion$ $is$:
    Code:
    "msg":"{ module: 'enyo-luneos/AppMenu' } 'could not be resolved, will be reported at the end'"...
    "component":"process-source-stream","level":50,"module":"src/views/views","msg":"dependency enyo-luneos/AppMenu could not be found"
    I added those modules to the end of the 'require block' one at a time (only one semicolon for the block) thusly:
    • AppMenu = require('enyo-luneos/AppMenu');
    • FilePicker = require('enyo-luneos/FilePicker');

Is there somewhere else I need to 'wire up' the library, or a different path I need to declare?
    Should that not be scr/package.json not .jsjsjs

Unless you just miss typed in here.
    john
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    Should that not be scr/package.json not .jsjsjs

Unless you just miss typed in here.
    john
    Hmm, yes, that is a bit confusing...
    For this test I was basing off of the 2.6.0-dev moonstone bootplate:
    Code:
    $ git clone -b 2.6.0-dev https://github.com/enyojs/bootplate-moonstone.git
    That gives you a "package.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $src$ $and$ $packs$ $just$ $fine$ $using$ $enyo$ $libs$...
    That package.jsjsjs $is$ $just$ $an$ &$quot$;$enyo$.$depends$(...);&$quot$; $with$ $lib$, $style$, $default$ $entry$ $point$, $etc$.
    There is a "package.json" up a level in the project root, but that file doesn't have any lib info.
    -Maybe this is the trouble with pre-release...
    See: https://github.com/enyojs/bootplate-.../2.6.0-dev/src
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    Just a heads up that enyo pack was not applying the enyo-unselectable class to packaged apps. The forthcoming version will add that to the default index.html, which will fix the selection problem. I also believe that Jason added in a patch that will be sure to execute the PalmSystem.stageReady() function, which should ease things on legacy webOS.
    Great news, I'm always amazed when things are eased for legacy - Thanks!
    Finally, most of the non-moonstone samples do not have a scroller attached to them, something we will fix before final release.
    Yeah, weird thing is that by my read of the source it is supposed to have a scroller. strawman/src/onyx-samples/src/SliderSample.jsjsjs:
    Code:
    module.exports = kind({
    	name: 'onyx.sample.SliderSample',
    	kind: Scroller,
    Hmm, yes, that is a bit confusing...
    For this test I was basing off of the 2.6.0-dev moonstone bootplate:
    Code:
    $ git clone -b 2.6.0-dev https://github.com/enyojs/bootplate-moonstone.git
    That gives you a "package.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $src$ $and$ $packs$ $just$ $fine$ $using$ $enyo$ $libs$...
    That package.jsjsjs $is$ $just$ $an$ &$quot$;$enyo$.$depends$(...);&$quot$; $with$ $lib$, $style$, $default$ $entry$ $point$, $etc$.
    There is a "package.json" up a level in the project root, but that file doesn't have any lib info.
    -Maybe this is the trouble with pre-release...
    See: https://github.com/enyojs/bootplate-.../2.6.0-dev/src
    We don't use Bootplate anymore for Enyo 2.7. enyo-dev will be able to work with installable template files. In the meantime, you can just create an index.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $require$()$s$ $the$ $libraries$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $play$ $with$.

Code:
    var Control = require('enyo/Control'),
    	ready = require('enyo/ready');

ready(function() {
    		 new Control({content: 'Hello'}).renderInto(document.body);
    });
    Great news, I'm always amazed when things are eased for legacy - Thanks!

Yeah, weird thing is that by my read of the source it is supposed to have a scroller. strawman/src/onyx-samples/src/SliderSample.jsjsjs:
    Code:
    module.exports = kind({
    	name: 'onyx.sample.SliderSample',
    	kind: Scroller,
    Hmm, samples that do have scrollers should work just fine. That said, there is also an issue in the samples where Moonstone changes the default dragging options, which causes drag events only on dragout instead of dragmove. This, too, we will address before shipping. We have specifically addressed some samples but we wanted to make a change to all samples so that hidden issues don't show up.
  6.    #26  
    We don't use Bootplate anymore for Enyo 2.7. enyo-dev will be able to work with installable template files. In the meantime, you can just create an index.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $require$()$s$ $the$ $libraries$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $play$ $with$.

Code:
    var Control = require('enyo/Control'),
    	ready = require('enyo/ready');

ready(function() {
    		 new Control({content: 'Hello'}).renderInto(document.body);
    });
    Thanks for that!
    I'll ditch the moonplate!
    Am I right in thinking that since I've 'enyo init'ed the eyo-luneos library that I should treat it as a regular enyo lib and that I don't need to specify a path relative to the calling jsjsjs $file$?
    go too lib\enyo-luneos-master\package.json and remove the , off line 7

then it is AppMenu = require('enyo-luneos-master'),

after that there will be some type O in luneos/luneos.jsjsjs $to$ $fix$

john
    go too lib\enyo-luneos-master\package.json and remove the , off line 7

then it is AppMenu = require('enyo-luneos-master'),

john
    Updated the package.json to fix that extra comma, sorry bout that.

Also, be sure to do:
    Code:
    require('enyo-luneos');
    Somewhere in your app (ideally the base index.jsjsjs, $to$ $ensure$ $webOS$/$LuneOS$ $events$ $and$ $hooks$ $are$ $setup$ $correctly$
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Updated the package.json to fix that extra comma, sorry bout that.

Also, be sure to do:
    Code:
    require('enyo-luneos');
    Somewhere in your app (ideally the base index.jsjsjs, $to$ $ensure$ $webOS$/$LuneOS$ $events$ $and$ $hooks$ $are$ $setup$ $correctly$
    No problem
  10.    #30  

john
    I think I deciphered what you're saying there - made a PRPRPR:
    https://github.com/JayCanuck/enyo-luneos/pull/2
    I think I deciphered what you're saying there - made a PRPRPR:
    https://github.com/JayCanuck/enyo-luneos/pull/2
    look at line 33 in luneos.jsjsjs $It$ $dose$ $not$ $look$ $right$ $to$ $me$. $the$ */ $on$ $the$ $wrong$ $end$ $of$ $the$ $line$. $Or$ $move$ $it$ $down$ $to$ $the$ $next$.

then check the rest of the comments

John
  12.    #32  
    look at line 33 in luneos.jsjsjs $It$ $dose$ $not$ $look$ $right$ $to$ $me$. $the$ */ $on$ $the$ $wrong$ $end$ $of$ $the$ $line$. $Or$ $move$ $it$ $down$ $to$ $the$ $next$.

then check the rest of the comments

John
    Agreed,
    micro-tech put up a pending PRPRPR $for$ $that$ $yesterday$:
    https://github.com/JayCanuck/enyo-luneos/pull/1
    -Thanks for the clarification!
    Merged the PRs, thanks guys

To help make sure stupid syntax issues stay away I've added travis testing with jshint
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/09/2016 at 11:14 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

bbito likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Just a heads up that enyo pack was not applying the enyo-unselectable class to packaged apps. The forthcoming version will add that to the default index.html, which will fix the selection problem.
    It took me a while, but now I get it!
    I manually changed index.html's body tag like this:
    Code:
    <body class="enyo-unselectable"></body>
    ...and Problem Solved!
    No more nasty selection artifacts for the ipk in webOS 2.2.4!
    -Thanks!
    Would someone please explain how to add a library to a project that has already been initialized? (Using commands. I dare say I could hack the configuration and pull code from GitHub by hand, but that's not the point.)

Or, preferably, point me at the documentation or online help command that tells me already.

The "enyo config" command mentioned above does not exist so far as I can tell. (Perhaps it used to?)
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by elvispre View Post
    Would someone please explain how to add a library to a project that has already been initialized? (Using commands. I dare say I could hack the configuration and pull code from GitHub by hand, but that's not the point.)

Or, preferably, point me at the documentation or online help command that tells me already.

The "enyo config" command mentioned above does not exist so far as I can tell. (Perhaps it used to?)
    I have been away from Enyo for several weeks since my SSD went belly-up (and I wasn't backing up my dev volume - ughhhh). It looks like 'enyo config' went away around Feb. 5: https://github.com/enyojs/enyo-dev/c...9e2176d2eec7d8 As I understand, it was simply an alternative to directly editing the .enyoconfig file: https://github.com/enyojs/enyo-dev/b...project-config - I don't think it added a heck of a lot, so probably no real loss there.
  17.    #37  
    I made a legacy webOS / luneOS enyo-dev template for Enyo 2.7. The repo includes installation instructions and I'd love feedback here or on github, PRs, etc.. I'm no pro but I think I did alright: https://github.com/bbito/onyx-webos-app
    I made a legacy webOS / luneOS enyo-dev template for Enyo 2.7. The repo includes installation instructions and I'd love feedback here or on github, PRs, etc.. I'm no pro but I think I did alright: https://github.com/bbito/onyx-webos-app
    ooo, good idea, love it! One minor suggestion would be to move the files from webos-meta to the root level of the project and add then to the assets array in the package.json. That way they can be copied into ./dist/ automatically

Preemptive and bbito like this.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ooo, good idea, love it! One minor suggestion would be to move the files from webos-meta to the root level of the project and add then to the assets array in the package.json. That way they can be copied into ./dist/ automatically
    Thank you again Jason Robitaille!
    I've made the changes and pushed.

Anyone who already installed the old version and wants a new version, go to your .enyo/templates directory and there you will find one or more subfolders named with some sort of hash (mine is: e882d285eb6f7691). If you have more than one, you may need to check the modification date or go inside to look for my README.md to figure out which is the folder for this template. Once you have found the right template folder, open a GIT Bash and run git pull to get things updated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12