Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By artxxork
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hey. I was wondering if there is a way I can translate the core webOS apps to other language. If so, where do I find the localization files. So far I managed to find localization files that helped me change as much as the title of the app, but that's of course not what Im looking for. Thanks
    Are you referring to the apps as installed on a device, or within the core-apps package in github? or something else?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Thanks in advance
    You might start here: WebOS-Ports - who would likely welcome any translation efforts. If it is your intention to translate apps on legacy webOS, the structure will very likely be the same, so perhaps you can find advice there.
    You use $L() function whenever you want string to be translated ... and create translation file

resources/<language code>/strings.json

WebOS will do the rest...

Check any built-in application on your device (you can also localise appinfo.json and views/css), doc here:

Mojo https://developer.palm.com/content/a...alization.html
    Enyo https://developer.palm.com/content/a...alization.html
    Preemptive likes this.