Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Garfonso
  1.    #1  
    There are still a lot of people leaving webOS. Also maybe some of you want to backup the calendar or import your Palm Profile calendar somewhere (like google).

This app will export ALL calendars from your device into one big ics file.
    You will need quite some patches for it.

First there is the obligatory permissions patch. You will need to install that and reboot the device! Otherwise the app will not work and complain about permission problems.

Then I strongly recommend you install the Calendar.io patch that fits your device's webOS version. This will make the ics file much more compatible to the standard. That's what you want it you want to import it anywhere in the future.

Happy exporting and feel free to report issues in this thread.

BTW: To all people that use C+Dav and/or want to support LuneOS development: I plan to use the method of ics creation that is used here for C+Dav in the future, too. So if some of you could test the ics files with their favorite backend servers (maybe in new test accounts ) that would really help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, you have been busy, haven't you? ;-)

Unfortunately, the like button only works once! ;-)

This is pretty much the missing piece for backing up the major parts of the palm profile.
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

Garfonso is also the author of Export Messages & Export Notes

I'll give it a test and get on with the article for backing up before the HP servers finally expire.
  3.    #3  
    This actually was not a lot of work (because this basically is only a minor modification of the ExportNotes app)... most work was to understand and fix the Calendar.IO framework...
    A little bit of feedback:
    Firstly, my own error was to install the app, then the version patch - failure. I thought to install the patch first, then the app and actually READ the instructions, which is when I remembered the permissions patch!

So, I did it properly.
    1. The permissions patch (with Internalz Pro) - the phone restarted automatically.
    2. Version patch & restart (Internalz Pro)
    3. Installed the app (from Preware)

I ran it and got the same error. So I decided to do a FULL restart and then it worked.

It's quite satisfying to see that long list and have the app report that "All went well", I'm just concerned that its cancelled all my futures...

'events.ics' is saved to media/internal - the USB partition in other words.

Thanks for this useful service.
  5.    #5  
    Yes for the permission patch a full device restart is required, not just a luna restart.

I could probably remove some of the output...