Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I created this thread as specific thread for the Enyo2 version of GoogleMaps. The goal is to make the google maps application with the same features like the GoogleMaps written in Mojo. The app could run on webOS 2.1 and higher, and on LuneOS and even on FirefoxOS. The app will be included in the LuneOS releases as default map application.

In the attachment is current screenshot of development version. Also my new created icon.
    This thread is for everyone, feel free to ask, suggest everything.

For me, as a daily Pre3 user is the most important the Pre3 device with webOS 2.2.4, where the app works well.

DEVELOPER PREVIEW VERSION DOWNLOAD https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-w...ew?usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72ka; 07/02/2015 at 05:58 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Thx alot for your endeavor keeping webOS alife on our devices. Maps is one of the critical apps for many of us, especially if it has those great integrational features like easy adding of company data to contacts app or beeing able to recieve adresses from other apps.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/09/2014 at 12:53 AM.
    The new icon and screenshot look good. Thanks for the hard work. I'm pretty sure all of us use and depend on your Google Maps app on a daily basis so it's great it will be made in Enyo2 and find a place in LuneOS.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I know Macaw and Feedspider have been ported to other platforms. That option is available to you. Of course, most platforms will have a maps app, but will they be as good as the 72ka version? ;-)

The icon looks great.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Like the LuneOS logo on the pin head of the icon You have a good taste for design as well!
    MAMISHO and TJs11thPre like this.
  6.    #6  
    I added new map types. For me on Pre3 is very usefull the Road HDPI map, where are the road names bigger and easy to read. It is unofficial. Also check the screenshot, I'm not sure, if the nokia, yandex and bing maps are legal to show wihtou some notice (hadn't time to check the terms

What to say next.. I'm working on this app every day and this is only a small amount of news...
    Im still trying to implement all of the main features of the mojo version and need to say, it is a lot of work...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    I added new map types. For me on Pre3 is very usefull the Road HDPI map, where are the road names bigger and easy to read. It is unofficial. Also check the screenshot, I'm not sure, if the nokia, yandex and bing maps are legal to show wihtou some notice (hadn't time to check the terms

What to say next.. I'm working on this app every day and this is only a small amount of news...
    Im still trying to implement all of the main features of the mojo version and need to say, it is a lot of work...
    Great stuff

I'm not sure you've seen MapBox? Looks promising. Might be interesting to look at?

P.s. WebOS Ports is working on location/GPS support for LuneOS now because that was missing so far
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Great Job !
    Keep moving
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Great stuff

I'm not sure you've seen MapBox? Looks promising. Might be interesting to look at?

P.s. WebOS Ports is working on location/GPS support for LuneOS now because that was missing so far
    Hi, I developed an app based into mapbox, but mapbox is payed, so is improbable that is integrated on this app.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I added new map types
    Have you considered (or would you consider ) enabling user to add own map sources? There's plethora of OSM-based renderings, too much to include them all... Even without gui editor, say with a file somewhere on /media/internal with map name and url template...

And WMS client would be nice as well (ducks and covers)
    T5, Cli NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Nexus7@LuneOS
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Have you considered (or would you consider ) enabling user to add own map sources? There's plethora of OSM-based renderings, too much to include them all... Even without gui editor, say with a file somewhere on /media/internal with map name and url template...

Im playing with this idea a long time. For OSM is that easy, the same for here maps and yandex. Bing maps required another help functions to compute the tile url.
    It could be done as you wrote, some file (plugin), maybe .json with the parameters and next the icon.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Nice, the app needs to read from w3c geolocation API (navigator.geolocation etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post

Would it be possible to view a map using the offline maps from maptool pro?
    MikeN68 likes this.
    Nice, the app needs to read from w3c geolocation API (navigator.geolocation etc.).
    We'll be using GeoClue for backend, which will eventually be supported by QtLocation (and can work with the w3c geolocation API too), however that will most likely only hit Qt in 5.5, 5.6 or even later (5.4 is out now or will be shortly)). Until that integration is there, we will be using GeoClue as backend, but with the same legacy API calls. So if for now you could use the legacy API calls that would work in LuneOS too.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Would it be possible to view a map using the offline maps from maptool pro?
    Yes, Ill try to migrate all these functionality from mojo version.

BTW. I just migrated the Route with navit function, thanks to webos-lib!
    DocJones likes this.
  16.    #16  
    OK, the OSM map caching is migrated, again thanks to webos-lib, because it depends on Mojo download manager service. So for LuneOS will be this unavailable, until there will be such a service which allow to write to internal flash (or is there?).
    OK, the OSM map caching is migrated, again thanks to webos-lib, because it depends on Mojo download manager service. So for LuneOS will be this unavailable, until there will be such a service which allow to write to internal flash (or is there?).
    What would you need to do exactly? There are some bits available, but not everything in LuneOS yet. Any more details would be helpful
  18.    #18  
    It needs the downloadmanager service (service: 'palm://com.palm.downloadmanager/', ), or something else to write from javascript function to /media/internal/...
    Ah DownloadManager was not open sourced but one of the devs is working on a api-compatible rewrite :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  20.    #20  
    Moving forward, let me introduce the over-christmas work:

testing, developing, testing, etc...

* implemented man of the current features in Mojo version
    * directions are new, steps on the green table, maneuvers icon, etc.
    * new style for marker cluster
    * blue dropped pins
    * new possibility to show high dpi tiles on Pre3
    * OSM map caching
    * Route with Navit
    * Compass for Pre3 (small blue eye-angle icon always rotating around blue dot) - I created an Enyo component for that, easy to use for the others
    * for webOS use the legacy location API, but the app can run also on other device wit W3C geolocation
    * migrated to Enyo 2.5
    * bottom animated status panel witch usefull info
    * many improvements focused to Pre3 screen resolution

This week I checked the Google Maps and iOS map on iPhone 4S and I was shocked that there is not possible to get coordinates of the place Also not possible to get bike-directions and on iOS maps is not possible to drop more than one pin

So... thanks to the webos-lib etc. I think that this app could FULLY replace the Mojo version. It works also on webOS 1.4.5 and higher
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast