Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    UPDATE: duh. i am confusing my map apps. sorry this is completely wrong.

but thank you anyway, for making THIS app!

how embarrassing. =)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you so much for providing updates through Preware. I just got one.

I really wish more updates were available for direct install via Preware. Seems you are the only one doing this that I'm aware of.

THANK YOU.

Should my Navit on a Pre 2 look like your cool new screen shots? It doesn't after the update.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 01/14/2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Moving forward, let me introduce the over-christmas works:
    This week I checked the Google Maps and iOS map on iPhone 4S and I was shocked that there is not possible to get coordinates of the place Also not possible to get bike-directions and on iOS maps is not possible to drop more than one pin

So... thanks to the webos-lib etc. I think that this app could FULLY replace the Mojo version. It works also on webOS 1.4.5 and higher
    Impressive list and great work seen on the screenshots. I'm eagerly waiting to get it beta-tested on Pre2 size, especially with symbol input for the Umlaut entering.

And nice to see we have functions other don't have , i had that feeling opening standard calendar in Nexus 5 4.4.4 lately. It shocked me how bad that UI of Lollypop update styled calendar was designed to get nearly no info on that huge 5" screen.

Only taking the great 3rd-party alternative a+Calendar did match up UI and functionwise with our Ubercalendar (some better ,some worse)
    Last edited by gizmo21; 01/12/2015 at 11:51 PM.
    Look very nice (screenshot) and if going this way maybe it could even do what Navit does ( btw what about adding support for the voice service of navit, aka Speech Dispatcher, maybe ?)
  4.    #24  
    The compass app on iOS, where you have the indicator if the phone is horizontally (like bubble levels) inspired me to include it to my compass indicator. BTW I also changed the blue indicator to red/orange to have contrast with blue dot. The indicator is rotating on the map to the direction where you look. And the indicatorīs opacity changes on how horizontal is the phone (the application use accelerometer). So if the indicator is going to transparent, the orientation is not valuable and thus not visible. Check the screenshot, the indicator is full visible and it corresponds with the orientation, because Iīm looking to my window perpendicular to the office wall.
    I like it, and hope that this combination (in maps application) is rare
    Sure this feature will be available only for Pre3, or in future in LuneOS on compass capable devices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    gizmo21 likes this.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Look very nice (screenshot) and if going this way maybe it could even do what Navit does ( btw what about adding support for the voice service of navit, aka Speech Dispatcher, maybe ?)
    Technically possible, legally not possible, it violates the Google terms of use...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Which part? Adding audio? Or acting as a navigation tool?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Technically possible, legally not possible, it violates the Google terms of use...
    then we need a patch for that - just kidding

oh and if we are at navigation - how about turning sign / vibration output on pebble or other smartwatches via: MW150 - connect to your SonyEricsson MBW150 bluetooth watch

yeah just dreaming
  8.    #28  
    Which part? Adding audio? Or acting as a navigation tool?

It canīt be used for real time and/or turn by turn navigation. Audio is OK.
    mmmm and what about what gizmo proposed jokingly ?

aka, the app follows all the terms of use... and then a patch available separately and privately adds the real time turn navigation ?
    If I modify a program, in theory is me that's at most violating eulas, not the one making the unmodified original program.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    mmmm and what about what gizmo proposed jokingly ?

aka, the app follows all the terms of use... and then a patch available separately and privately adds the real time turn navigation ?
    If I modify a program, in theory is me that's at most violating eulas, not the one making the unmodified original program.
    If someone were to make a patch like that,

It would presumably be best for the app and Dev, if the Dev was "unaware" of it so there would not be complicity. As well, distribution of such a patch should also not be too public so it isn't cited as the reason to shut down an infringing app.

Just thinking of how things can go wrong, to avoid going in those directions to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Thank you so much for providing updates through Preware. I just got one.
    Is this new app available in the standard Preware feeds? Or is there some alpha/beta feed for it?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 01/13/2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Preware showed the update as available when I last opened it and updated the feeds. I just accepted the install.
    Now my Navit is at v. 0.3.5.

HOWEVER

I am using a Pre2 and my Navit does not look like the screen shots recently attached.

So maybe I'm doing it wrong??

MOST CERTAINLY doing it wrong. different app. sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 01/14/2015 at 12:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Preware showed the update as available when I last opened it and updated the feeds. I just accepted the install.
    Now my Navit is at v. 0.3.5.

HOWEVER

I am using a Pre2 and my Navit does not look like the screen shots recently attached.

So maybe I'm doing it wrong??

This is a totally new app - it's not Navit or his original Google Maps app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This is a totally new app - it's not Navit or his original Google Maps app.
    Yes - but what is the name and where to find it in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Yes - but what is the name and where to find it in Preware?
    He has not released it yet... it's still in active development, and he probably doesn't want to release it until he feels it is ready. His intent may be to replace the existing app, and if so, it has to be fairly feature complete. I personally would prefer it to be released as a separate app.
    He has not released it yet... ...
    I personally would prefer it to be released as a separate app.
    Ah - ok. I was confused with the reference to preware.
    I love his current mojo google maps app and i would be fine to install a second Enyo google maps in parallel.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  17.    #37  
    He has not released it yet... it's still in active development, and he probably doesn't want to release it until he feels it is ready. His intent may be to replace the existing app, and if so, it has to be fairly feature complete. I personally would prefer it to be released as a separate app.
    Correct. BTW The main reason is to make an maps app for LuneOS, where the app will be bundled. The name is just "Maps" and the file will be org.webosports.app.maps. So the target platform is LuneOS. But Iīm doing maximum to get it work well on current webOS devices. And it is compilcated, because they have old webkit core etc...
    I also have a plans to make an FirefoxOS build, because if I know, the FFOS hasnīt any good Google Maps app.
    TJs11thPre and Saijin_Naib like this.
    FirefoxOS has no real good mapping app aside from Nokia Here maps, which is not up to feature parity with the Windows Phone app.

I'm here for any FirefoxOS testing and troubleshooting you want/need, 72ka.

Just let me know and I'll do my best

Thanks for all your excellent work, as always.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    FirefoxOS has no real good mapping app aside from Nokia Here maps, which is not up to feature parity with the Windows Phone app.

I'm here for any FirefoxOS testing and troubleshooting you want/need, 72ka.

Just let me know and I'll do my best

Thanks for all your excellent work, as always.
    Okay, today I tried it to package it for FFOS, fixed some small issues, but I have to say, it worked out of the box. What device do you have, screen resolution, sensors etc.?

Okay, today I tried it to package it for FFOS, fixed some small issues, but I have to say, it worked out of the box. What device do you have, screen resolution, sensors etc.?

Mozilla Flame: 854x480 res, 1gb RAM, Dual core 1.2ghz, GPS, Accelerometer, Electronic Compass (I believe).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast