Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    If i get ahold of a working Touchpad, i'll try to find out myself... but until then, i wonder...
    I checked my TouchPad. I don't have that directory either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #4  
    Thanks...

I guess that's a red herring then. But combing through the log, there's still nothing obvious, nothing that hasn't been already "wrong" while the TP was still bootable. Aside from maybe a handful of PJSON errors. Very strange.

I guess i'll just save an image of this install and not bother anyone with trying to fix this now. Thanks again

Edit:
    As i think of it now, the error is likely somewhere in LunaSysMgr or the system bus/services, while the kernel performs adequately. But Luna is a monolithic beast anyway, so i guess the hint to whatever the error may me, might be a low-level warning, and then it cascades down, and the real failure point doesn't error out in a way that would clearly tell me that the roadblock is here
    Last edited by Remy X; 11/28/2014 at 10:46 PM.
    I've always had a hard time reading logs in webOS. They seem to be filled with things erroring out even on a new install.

Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I've always had a hard time reading logs in webOS. They seem to be filled with things erroring out even on a new install.

Uh oh!

Suggesting webOS code is less than perfect?

Fanboy license revoked!
    I think to be a fanboy you must believe that not only is your OS/device better but all others suck beyond measure. Too many Android, Windows, and Linux machines in my house for that to be true.

Follow me on Twitter
    LOL when did they remove fanboy from the profanity filter? I know this is all tongue-in-cheek, but I think there are few if any webOS fanboys left on here - those of us left are realists: we know webOS is not without warts, but we love it anyway.
    Remy X and MudShark22 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    LOL when did they remove fanboy from the profanity filter? I know this is all tongue-in-cheek, but I think there are few if any webOS fanboys left on here - those of us left are realists: we know webOS is not without warts, but we love it anyway.
    Fanboy is profanity? Interesting...

At least, I think that's what you wrote - I can only read half the paragraph before the browser reloads! ;-)
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

At least, I think that's what you wrote - I can only read half the paragraph before the browser reloads! ;-)
    The profanity filter is away, stuffing itself full of turkey and cranberry sauce. Even code sometimes has to take a break, rest up... and find more new words to block when it gets back to work...

It has definitely been more lax in the past few days/weeks...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

I didn't say it was profanity, just in the filter. I am not going to dig up a post, but the reasoning being that it is an inflammatory word in device enthusiast forums.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums