Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes
    Any luck?
    Not yet, they're usually busy during the weekends. I know there was an issue with Tailor update for the alpha feed which I expect is related. A couple of people from Internals can sort it but they seem busy for the moment. I'm sure it'll get sorted as soon as they have a chance :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    In the meantime I'm just going to upload the IPKs to my website and link to them in my original post.
    I only see Converter and TMT Boston?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I have ported all my apps that are still working to WebOS Nations App Catalog. A few of these Apps are for UK audience (I hope we still got a few left !) I created these apps for my own use. As long as my Pre3 works, I aim to keep these in working condition. I have been concentrating on doing some work on the WebOS Ports Apps which I think will be far more useful for WebOS community than adding more features to these apps.

London Tube Status

My Currency Calc

My Local Vue

Love Voucher

London Heathrow

Unfortunately two apps are not working anymore

London Stansted and My Thomson Local so most probably they will go away with the App Catalog shutdown. But I don't think they are that crucial anyway.
    i have the permission from Andreas Peters to bring up he's apps on webosnation and preware.

I uploaded RiLi yesterday.
    WebDAV Client HD and (unofficial) arteTV App will come later.
    Remy X, Preemptive, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    @roshang

Awesome! I use My Local Vue quite often, and it is really good.

The only niggle I have with it is the sluggish scrolling (at least on my Pre 3...), but otherwise it is easier to use than the Vue mobile site.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Polite request: On topic please! See the title. :-)
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread (Specially me not being a developer), but i manage to dedicate a little bit of time this weekend to contact all the possible developers left remaining on WebOS by sending them tons emails. I have had very positive results from many of them (Many responding to my emails and kindly welcoming the idea to have their apps to be distributed to the WebOS Community), still waiting to hear from Astraware among others.

I wanted to say Thanks, to Preemptive for the initiative....definitely got my wheel kicking into full gear to try to save as many application from being demolished and destroyed by the HP App Catalog shutdown.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Remy X, Rnp and Preemptive like this.
    I just would like to let you guys know that currently there is a problem with he automatic building process for the Precentral/webosnation app feed for Preware. WebOS Internals developers are aware of this and will work to resolve this. However due to busy work and study schedules, it's expected to be solved around mid November (still way before HP will close their App Catalog). Preemtive: It might be a good idea to add this to the first post.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Ugh, bummer. Thanks for the update.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread (Specially me not being a developer), but i manage to dedicate a little bit of time this weekend to contact all the possible developers left remaining on WebOS by sending them tons emails. I have had very positive results from many of them (Many responding to my emails and kindly welcoming the idea to have their apps to be distributed to the WebOS Community), still waiting to hear from Astraware among others.

I wanted to say Thanks, to Preemptive for the initiative....definitely got my wheel kicking into full gear to try to save as many application from being demolished and destroyed by the HP App Catalog shutdown.
    I'd say that was EXACTLY on topic. Thanks for taking all that trouble. How did you make a list of all the developers? It could be used as a catalogue search term..! ;-)

Can this data be easily added to this list I've posted?

Feel free to list the responses you get here (and especially when they actually take positive action!) Thanks for your efforts.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/22/2014 at 12:58 AM.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I just would like to let you guys know that currently there is a problem with he automatic building process for the Precentral/webosnation app feed for Preware. WebOS Internals developers are aware of this and will work to resolve this. However due to busy work and study schedules, it's expected to be solved around mid November (still way before HP will close their App Catalog). Preemtive: It might be a good idea to add this to the first post.

Done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'd say that was EXACTLY on topic. Thanks for taking all that trouble. How did you make a list of all the developers? It could be used as a catalogue search term..! ;-)

Can this data be easily added to this list I've posted?

Feel free to list the responses you get here (and especially when they actually take positive action!) Thanks for your efforts.
    You welcome Preemptive, it wasn't any sort of trouble at all (I'm just doing my small part for WebOS and the community that has helped me out so much). I just simply started checking on developers that are active or somewhat on WebOS along with going into the HP App Catalog sifting through list of application making my own list of apps and marking the ones that have the highest probability to be saved. I still got a lot more to do and emails to write to developers that I'm trying my best to do tonight (before bedtime). Last night, send more emails to companies like 10tons LTD, ScienceDaily, Gameloft, and so many more.

I gotten response from Astraware, Under the clouds, PixiLabs software Inc, Hominid Software.... All of these developers have welcome the idea and have share their kindness to allow apps to the Homebrew catalog.

Exempts of Astraware email:

We'd be happy to make our games available to webOS owners for free once the store closes. But to be honest I can't now remember how the process of side-loading works! It it's just a case of making the install files available then I'd be happy to have a page somewhere on our site or let someone else host them.
    Exempts of Under the Cloud email:

As big fans of the platform too, we are planning to continue to support our webOS application, Iím looking into moving the app into Homebrew channel; didnít have much time yet but hopefully will finalize this week.
    Exempts of PixiLabs Software Inc. email:

Thanks for contact me about my webOS apps. It would be a pleasure to keep at least my latest application alive for free on webOSNation.
    Exempts Hominid Software email:

I plan to put them all in the webOS Nation feed over the winter.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 10/22/2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I will release all of my games and apps to the forums at some point (I'm tied up at the moment though). So all the apps in my signature will be made readily available and free. There might even be a couple of others...
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I gotten response from Astraware, Under the clouds, PixiLabs software Inc, Hominid Software.... All of these developers have welcome the idea and have share their kindness to allow apps to the Homebrew catalog.
    That's great news!

All good developers, I already own some of their apps, Astraware goes back to Palm days!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    i have the permission from Andreas Peters to bring up he's apps on webosnation and preware.

I uploaded RiLi yesterday.
    WebDAV Client HD and (unofficial) arteTV App will come later.
    German not?

Maybe you could reach out to preciuoscoders for bahnfahren and the ebay app?

Or is there info in those apps already?
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    German not?

Maybe you could reach out to preciuoscoders for bahnfahren and the ebay app?

Or is there info in those apps already?
    Yes; I'm from Germany. What ebay App? AuctionMate?
    I have info from SebastianHa / omoco that he is thinking to opensource his Software on github. He hopes to manage it until shutdown.
    Apps e.g.:
    Package Tracker - de.omoco.paketverfolgung which is broken for some services out-of-the-box right now but can be fixed with patches of our dkirker :https://github.com/dkirker/webos-pat...aketverfolgung

So opensourcing would bring the possibility to patch and release a working version on preware.

This is also a german dev btw. German community is apart from here gathered on Nexave Smartphone- und Tablet-Forum, perhaps i'll do an call to devs thread there.
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Yes; I'm from Germany. What ebay App? AuctionMate?
    yes, that's it

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Another great developer has made his app available tonight

[SHOUTcast] - Radio Hibiki for webOS, archived!

It will soon be in the Preware feed. But don't thank me, post a comment in that thread instead
    Preemptive and davodego like this.
    I'm planning to release both TapNote and TapWatch on Preware once the App Catalog shuts down.

Life permitting, I'm hoping to get TapWatch ported over in the near future. TapNote will have to wait until the App Catalog is officially shut down, however, as HP's developer agreement includes clauses that prohibit releasing paid apps outside of their catalog (odds are they wouldn't care, since it's not like they're making any money off TapNote anymore, but HP has been good to me so I'd like to respect our contract).
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast