Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Currently (for some days) I see none of my applications in Ares ( https://ares.palm.com/Ares/ ).
    I connect daily to Ares and sometimes update some of my Mojo apps in Ares. But know I don't see any apps in Ares.
    The files tab is empty. Sure I'm logged in with the same account which I use for years already.

Is this a general problem for all or just my issue ?
    I have not been on there in a long time but I logged in and I don't see my stuff as well. All there is, is the Applications folder empty. I also could not create a new app (new>application) which I thought made all the default folders for a new app. I'm not sure, I'm doing this on a chromebook so could be me.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Hmm, i have the same. Firefox on linuxmint...
    Guess HP stopped the server. Which is scare because they could stop all the webOS servers soon
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    So this is the mojo version of Ares?

I'd actually never heard of this. Is there someone who can be contacted? Is there a developer forum?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/06/2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Guess HP stopped the server. Which is scare because they could stop all the webOS servers soon
    What a coincidence. I just said in another thread we'll all be going as Dr Skipped Firstuse soon. Without their servers, we don't have unique identity anymore do we?
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I would suggest asking the guys over at enyo. Although last I heard it was a group at HP that was working on Ares...
  8.    #8  
    OK - thanks for sharing your experience.
    I will try to reach out to everyone I know at HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    What a coincidence. I just said in another thread we'll all be going as Dr Skipped Firstuse soon. Without their servers, we don't have unique identity anymore do we?
    Never too late to remind re: the end
    The webOS Survival Kit
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Sad thing about the survival kit is that HP servers lasted longer than some of the webOS internals stuff and a lot longer than many of the original webOS internals devs. :-(
    pl212 and Remy X like this.
    I was going to write that this was the nearest thing to a promise that Internals was willing to make, but of course the year mentioned was LAST year! ;-)

We've lasted even beyond the doomsday prediction and there was at least a solution to the preware.org loss.

It is still worth browsing the survival kit page - especially now there is more upheaval at HP. I'm assuming the webOS stuff will come under the PSG - now: HP Inc. I'm concerned that any drive to be a leaner, faster organisation will leave webOS by the roadside. There was reportedly one person occasionally overseeing the app-catalogue. HP staff are facing 50,000 redundancies...
    Remy X likes this.
    I have all the doctors, spare batteries etc. (and I don't use my webOS devices as my daily drivers).

Its the ability to restore my purchased apps after the eventual need to doctor.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  13.    #13  
    The latest sign of life is archived here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20141025...res/about.html

First the account got disabled somehow and then the server was no longer available.
    I still have a number of personal apps in this Ares instance.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    The latest sign of life is archived here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20141025...res/about.html

First the account got disabled somehow and then the server was no longer available.
    I still have a number of personal apps in this Ares instance.
    Meanwhile I learned from my source that the Ares service is still online here:
    Palm - Ares = http://205.140.203.27/Ares/
    So you might add another entry to your local hosts file:
    ares.palm.com 205.140.203.27

Not sure for how long this service will be available.
    And for me my account is still not displaying my apps. I can login as before - but no apps are loaded for me.
    i2y4n and Remy X like this.
    Presumably the service can't be archived, but it's great you've found a way for developers to recover their projects.
    it can be archived, actually

and btw, I get an error upon logging in
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/12/2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Meanwhile I learned from my source that the Ares service is still online here:
    Palm - Ares = http://205.140.203.27/Ares/
    So you might add another entry to your local hosts file:
    ares.palm.com 205.140.203.27

Not sure for how long this service will be available.
    And for me my account is still not displaying my apps. I can login as before - but no apps are loaded for me.
    Woah! Thanks for the great find. Archiving.

Now, if we could only find ps.qa.palm.com... presumably it's still out there somewhere, with updated versions of all apps, updates that were never pushed through to production.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    it can be archived, actually

and btw, I get an error upon logging in
    I can login, but although I thought I had played around with one of the sample apps (way back when), my file view is also empty. I have a vague recollection that a locally host-able version was made available at one point, but a little searching on my end turned up no references...
    Ares2 is the one you can build and host locally. I have never messed with it, but several here have.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Woah! Thanks for the great find. Archiving.

Now, if we could only find ps.qa.palm.com... presumably it's still out there somewhere, with updated versions of all apps, updates that were never pushed through to production.
    You're welcome.
    Can you explain a bit what we could find there under ps.qa and what would be a (good) reason for HP to provide the access now? Let me know here or in PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast