1.    #1  
    Anyone seen this? A short tutorial from Roy Sutton.

::: LG Developer | Basic HTML App :::

Even I can do HTML! I'll have to give it a try.
    hhm ::: LG Developer | Platform Specification ::: new webkit, new media formats support.
    Anyone into backporting
    Unfortunaly LG hasn't made their new bits open source (yet). Maybe we should all ask them ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #4  
    HHMMMMM

At the moment only my first post is on topic, but I'll bite.

Is LG webOS based on Legacy, Open webOS or a mixture? Does anyone know? If open-source, then legally, the HAVE to make the code available. That said, it may be that much of the TV specific stuff is closed source - but 'hardware stuff' might not matter. I see you have tweeted the question. Let's see what happens!
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $a$ $mixture$ $of$ $Open$ $webOS$ $and$ $their$ $own$ $stuff$... $not$ $much$ $of$ $legacy$ $should$ $be$ $in$ $there$ ($apart$ $from$ $what$ $was$ $open$ $sourced$ $anyway$ ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    HHMMMMM

Is LG webOS based on Legacy, Open webOS or a mixture? Does anyone know? If open-source, then legally, the HAVE to make the code available. That said, it may be that much of the TV specific stuff is closed source - but 'hardware stuff' might not matter. I see you have tweeted the question. Let's see what happens!
    Seems it's Open webOS (open source) + new UI + new WebKit (both not available currently it seems, hence my Tweet )
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    HHMMMMM

That's not exactly correct -- Open webOS is not GPL licensed, no one is required to release their changes to the webOS source code, even if they do release binaries to others. However, all changes of the webOS specific open source components have occurred inside the open source github repositories, so there's a lot of stuff that is out there.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    That's not exactly correct -- Open webOS is not GPL licensed, no one is required to release their changes to the webOS source code, even if they do release binaries to others. However, all changes of the webOS specific open source components have occurred inside the open source github repositories, so there's a lot of stuff that is out there.
    I personally think that in case LG wants to have a chance to fight Google & Android TV it should open source the missing bits
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Really? What is the license?
    Really? What is the license?
    The Open webOS code is licensed as Apache 2.0. No requirement that changes must be distributed in source form.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: