webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
Like Tree58Likes

Old 06/27/2014, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

This is a synergy plugin compatible with Caldav and Carddav for calendar and contact sync. Can be used with a lot of servers like Google, Yahoo, Owncloud, iCloud, ... The main target of this connector was LuneOS. But it works for legacy webOS, too. I actively develop on it and use it every day to sync two Touchpads, a Veer and a Pre3 with my owncloud server.
Currently it is the only option for Google calendar sync.

But additionally you will support LuneOS development by using this and reporting back errors.

For and files instructions please read here: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

The IPKs will install additional synergy accounts, i.e. your old accounts are not affected in any way. Also you need to configure new account for every service. If you do not disable the old accounts manually, you'll have duplicates of all events and contacts (contacts will be merged by contactlinker, though). This can be interesting for a few first tests. For more information, please read here: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

Please make sure that you do NOT have the patch Sync fix for stable upload installed. If you have it installed, please UNINSTALL it. From looking at the patch, it does not make upsync more stable. But it causes an endless sync loop if the connector uses the postPutModify function of the framework, what the c+dav connector needs to do.

In order to get escaping of special chars right in legacy webOS a patch is necessary, find them here. This patch will conflict with the vcard-export patch in Preware. This is ok, remove the old one, it is included in this patch. If you do not include this patch, you will get strange characters in some contact data and upsync of contacts might fail.

For Veers not running 2.2.4 and Pre+ that never got 2.2.4, please read on:
2.1.0, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 are not directly supported. The issue is that the mojo-transport-sync framework that we use is broken for 3rd party apps on this webOS versions. I created a patch to get this framework to the 2.2.4 version, which you can find here. With this patch, those work, too. But be aware that this patch might have effects on other synergy connectors on your device!
Sadly we can not support webOS 1.4.5 or even older versions at all, because they are VERY different with regard to synergy than webOS 2.x.

For a change log see here.

Newest version of IPKs and all patches can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwzghbhchsjfx9v/nbuCgosFk_

Error reporting:
If you run into errors, please save the log fine in /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log and Email it to me ( garfonso at mobo.info ). Please add a useful description of your issue and make sure the log captures the issue (if a certain contact / event is affected, make some changes to the event / contact and trigger a sync from the C+Dav app. When the sync is finished, send the log my way for example using Internalz). Logs are deleted on every service restart in order to keep them small. The service only runs on demand, which means it will be probably restarted periodically every ~20min or if you change some contact/event. So save the log ASAP, when you run into an issue.
Also keep in mind that the log contains personal data. If you are not fine with that, please try to reproduce your issue with artificial data and capture a log from that.

Last edited by Garfonso; 11/20/2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Updated download links
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, Sumy, gizmo21 and 15 others like this.
Old 06/27/2014, 06:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post

Please make sure that you do NOT have the patch Sync fix for stable upload installed. If you have it installed, please UNINSTALL it. From looking at the patch, it does not make upsync more stable. But it causes an endless sync loop if the connector uses the postPutModify function of the framework, what the c+dav connector needs to do.
Great news in the advent of a failing google synergy syncing.

Two Questions:

By patch "Sync fix for stable upload", which should be uninstalled, you mean the one from "moo" - treo8.com "Sync Fix for Stable upload": http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...2.4-71_all.ipk or http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.5-34_all.ipk
Right?

An another question is, does this interfere with the usual webos synergy accounts (google/yahoo) if used parallel (other than e.g. having all calendar entries doubled ) ?

btw. this sounds great:
Quote:
Status of the Software

Two-way sync of contacts and calendar events is implemented. Multiple calendars and addressbooks are supported and will be automatically discovered. The calendars will also show up in webOS, so you can define different colors for them.

A complex mechanism for auto discovery is implemented. Servers are probed for a lot of different options. That "should" make configuration a bit easier. Additionally there are multiple account templates for popular services like iCloud, Google or Yahoo where you do not have to worry about finding the right URL.

There is a C+Dav app that has some functionality, you can trigger a "slow" sync, a discovery and also manually trigger the synchronization. This is only for convenience.

Last edited by gizmo21; 06/27/2014 at 06:14 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/27/2014, 07:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Yes, that's the main motivation to post this now..

Quote:
By patch "Sync fix for stable upload", which should be uninstalled, you mean the one from "moo" - treo8.com "Sync Fix for Stable upload": http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...2.4-71_all.ipk or http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...0.5-34_all.ipk
Right?
Yes, those ones.

Quote:
An another question is, does this interfere with the usual webos synergy accounts (google/yahoo) if used parallel (other than e.g. having all calendar entries doubled ) ?
It is a new type of account, that means it can be used parallel to the old connectors and will not touch any of the data in those calendars/addressbooks. So yes, you'll have all entries doubled if you do not disable the old connectors. Might be interesting for the first tests.
Liked by Rnp and MartinH@webos like this.
Thanked by gizmo21, Rnp
Old 06/27/2014, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Attempted to install IPK (non-enyo) on my phone(s) with webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 2.1.0 (with patch), worked great with Google, Yahoo, and Apple ID...

Installed IPK (Enyo) on my Touchpad/Touchpad Go with webOS 3.0.5, worked great with Yahoo and Apple ID...

However, Google fails, in that it asks me to login then agree to the services, once it does it brings up a window for me to copy a code key and then tells me to go back to the app and paste the code key.

The Accounts app does not have place to paste the code key, all I can do is hit back which brings me back to the main Accounts app and does not install the connector for Google...

Last edited by John Steffes; 06/27/2014 at 11:19 AM.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

So do I have to trigger the sync the sync manualy via the C+Dav Connector app?
Whats the difference between slow and the not-slow sync?

Adding an account with Google OAuth worked great on 2.2.4!
Old 06/27/2014, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you. I never got why C*DAV protocols were not part of webos since 1.0, I'd trade them for at least three or four proprietary APIs, anytime. Maybe they were intentionally left by Palm as an obvious place to start developing third-party connectors
Now all I need is WebDAV (or FTP, or anything standard) connector for storage.

I'll try it with SOGo, for now I use Active Sync via some third-party PHP AS/C*DAV converter there, works, but leaves a bad taste
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

However, Google fails, in that it asks me to login then agree to the services, once it does it brings up a window for me to copy a code key and then tells me to go back to the app and paste the code key.

The Accounts app does not have place to paste the code key, all I can do is hit back which brings me back to the main Accounts app and does not install the connector for Google...
Same here on 3.0.5 asking to copy code at oauth2 approval

Quote:

[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter(): pageFocused true, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BasicWebView._callBrowserAdapter(): openURL https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2...auth%2Fplus.me, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.debug: WEBKIT PERF: PAINT appid: com.palm.app.accounts 1100 time: 4361124
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: _dispatchCommand
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.warning: MojoService: no activity passed in, creating get_0
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BasicWebView.loadStarted(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: deferring command until adopt completes
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: MojoService: started new activity: get_0
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: Activity event start
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: WebOS Tweaks preferences loaded
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (s.tweaks.prefs.js) user.info: completing/unsubscribing activity get_0
[2014-06-27 17:14:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.debug: WEBKIT PERF: PAINT appid: com.palm.app.browser 1106 time: 4361239
[2014-06-27 17:14:32] (mojolocation[4543]) user.err: [com.palm.location] location was not OK
[2014-06-27 17:14:32] (LunaSysMgr) user.debug: Allowing touch-end event through
[2014-06-27 17:14:35] (LunaSysMgr) user.debug: Allowing touch-end event through
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BrowserApp.gotTweaks(): PRIVATE: {"returnValue":true,"privateByDefault":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.debug: WEBKIT PERF: PAINT appid: org.webosinternals.lumberjack 1105 time: 4365943
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.browser: Uncaught TypeError: object is not a function, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:1631
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: Browser.pageTitleChanged(): https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2...auth%2Fplus.me Antrag auf Berechtigung false false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: Browser.pageTitleChanged(): https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2...auth%2Fplus.me Antrag auf Berechtigung false false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:36] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BasicWebView.documentLoadFinished(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: Browser.pageTitleChanged(): https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2...auth%2Fplus.me Antrag auf Berechtigung false false, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.browser: enyo.BasicWebView.loadStopped(): , file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:72
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5
[2014-06-27 17:14:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Got response: "", file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:9
[2014-06-27 17:14:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.accounts: Could not extract code: 4, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.cdav.app/GoogleOauth/CrossAppTarget.js:5

Last edited by gizmo21; 06/27/2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06/27/2014, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
So do I have to trigger the sync the sync manualy via the C+Dav Connector app?
Whats the difference between slow and the not-slow sync?

Adding an account with Google OAuth worked great on 2.2.4!
Nope. In normal use you don't have to run the app ever.
Sync is done periodically as "smart period" of 20 minutes and if a good network connection is available. This sounds like a very short interval, but it is the default for all webOS connectors (i.e. the old google & yahoo connectors do the same). Also syncs happen much less... usually the device won't do them for a few hours, even if on WiFi. That somehow is related to the "smart interval" thing... activity manager is allowed to stretch the time a bit, if the device is sleeping.
Also, in the upsync versions, syncs are done if data is changed on device (also default for synergy connectors, even if that requires some more work ).

During a usual sync the service compares a stored token with a token the server reports back and if they are identical, it does not sync. That is the "fast" sync. In the slow sync a similar token is compared for each item (contact or event) on device and server. This happens if a sync was broken before automatically... but in earlier test versions it was handy to have a way to manually trigger a slow sync... if something does never show up on device, you can try to hit "trigger slow sync" and then do a sync. But it usually is not necessary to do this, either... if you do not run into issues, ignore the app.

@3.0.5:
Yes, I see.. that was broken in 0.3.9. Sorry for that. I fixed it in a new version.
Thanked By: MartinH@webos
Old 06/27/2014, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

@Garfonso: Thanks for your explanation! The reason I was asking is that it is not working for me :/

Setup:
Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4
Google Apps Account with custom Domain and TFA activated

Sent log with errors

Last edited by pattyland; 06/27/2014 at 03:37 PM.
pattyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

got a bunch of errors trying to install 2.1.2 to 2.1.4 patch for my veer. I'm looking for conflicting patches and will try again.

UPDATE: I got rid of ubercalendar and a couple of others that mentioned calendar and the patch worked. Now on to installing the connector
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

I created the account and it immediately downloaded my contacts. What a relief! The calendar never updated.

Could the issue be that I have multiple calendars in my gmail account?

Also, I did all this via google's 2 step verification and it worked. But the the 2 step is giving me fits on my computer so I disabled it. Now I can't log into the account on my phone. I'm back to the unknown error. I deleted the account and created a new one. Same error.

At least I got my contacts back on my phone!

one other thing: I was never able to set the cal dav google account as the default calendar. It wasn't an option. It is for contacts.
Old 06/27/2014, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

The calendar will eventually sync. Multiple calendars is not a problem-I have two of my own and one I subscribe to from my wife's account, and they all synced eventually. If you have the version with one-way sync only (you are not a beta tester) then you cannot make it the default or add events. Which version did you install? I have the two-way sync version on my Veer testing, and was able to set my CDAV primary google calendar as the default.

Initial contact sync took quite a while (I let it sync on its own rather than force it). Initial calendar sync seemed quite fast, though eventually I noticed not all events had synced. I did a 'sync now' from the calendar menu and the last ones came it. So far, my calendar and contacts seem to be perfectly in sync between the two accounts on the Veer (my original gmail account and the CDAV version).
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/27/2014 at 06:13 PM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

I just have the one way sync. Thanks for the info, it makes sense. I'm curious, do you use the 2 step verification or just the normal password on your google account?
Old 06/27/2014, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
@Garfonso: Thanks for your explanation! The reason I was asking is that it is not working for me :/

Setup:
Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4
Google Apps Account with custom Domain and TFA activated

Sent log with errors
Yes, there was a bug in 0.3.9 with http-redirects which prevented discovery to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.. I broke that recently, it seems... :-/
Please upgrade to 0.3.10, reboot the device, start the c+dav app and hit "do auto discovery". It should come back after a while with a huge cryptic message box (it should take up nearly the whole screen on a phone, if not, then probably something was wrong and you should send me the logs again). After that you can trigger a sync and it should start to pull in contacts and calendar.
Contacts always sync first, after that calendars are processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbull View Post
got a bunch of errors trying to install 2.1.2 to 2.1.4 patch for my veer. I'm looking for conflicting patches and will try again.

UPDATE: I got rid of ubercalendar and a couple of others that mentioned calendar and the patch worked. Now on to installing the connector
Ubercalendar does not conflict. So if you want, you can install ubercalendar again, if you want.

Quote:
I created the account and it immediately downloaded my contacts. What a relief! The calendar never updated.

Could the issue be that I have multiple calendars in my gmail account?

Also, I did all this via google's 2 step verification and it worked. But the the 2 step is giving me fits on my computer so I disabled it. Now I can't log into the account on my phone. I'm back to the unknown error. I deleted the account and created a new one. Same error.

At least I got my contacts back on my phone!

one other thing: I was never able to set the cal dav google account as the default calendar. It wasn't an option. It is for contacts.
Yes, that is because the calendar is marked as "read only" (because two way sync is disabled and changes on device can't go anywhere). The reason to disable two way sync currently is to protect your data.
If you have some kind of backup of your data, you can contact me and ask for the two way sync version. It's a bit complicated, but I don't want people to loose all their PIM data, because of a stupid bug.

If contacts work, calendar should come in, too... you can try to hit "sync now" in calendar. That will trigger another sync. If you had 0.3.9 installed, you can also hit "do auto discovery" in the app, just to be sure.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/27/2014, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post

@3.0.5:
Yes, I see.. that was broken in 0.3.9. Sorry for that. I fixed it in a new version.
Version 3.1.0 (for TP305) updated fine and google auth and sync for contacts worked (haven't tried calendar).

There seems to be some probs with escapingcharacters?
original Synergy:

C+DAV:
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/27/2014, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I just have the one way sync. Thanks for the info, it makes sense. I'm curious, do you use the 2 step verification or just the normal password on your google account?
2 step verification works for me with the C+Dav connector. It kind of worked with the old connector and application passwords, too.

@gizmo:
There might be such issues, yes. Thanks, I'll look into it.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/27/2014, 07:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

btw. Umlauts and also "Prē" seems to work via google
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 06/27/2014, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

0.3.10 is working great! Awesome! Calendar and contacts just synced fine! Umlaute in contacts are fine too
Old 06/27/2014, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I'm not using 2 step verification.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2014, 11:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

2 sep verification works on both calendar and contacts sync. If I use simple password, they don"t sync and I get the unknown error for the account. Weird.

Last edited by petbull; 06/28/2014 at 12:32 PM.