Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Thank you so much for your patches! Google calendar is essential for me. I installed it and now it looks that works well, contacts are filling and I´m waiting for calendar entries. So I can live with Pre3 more again! Good job!
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    But I digress. The reason that I'm posting is the Touchpad. I put the latest upsync version on there and was very happily seeing and updating calendar items (contacts are turned off) ... for about a day. Now all my Google calendars are gone, and replaced by one that is named Google C+Dav, which has no entries. (Well, I didn't Impostah to make sure it has no entries, but it has none I can see immediately through the main UI.) I deleted the account, added it again, and was happy again -- for about a day, after which the same thing happened. I'm getting ready to do try #3.
    I'd really like to see a log of that issue.

What I expect to be happening is t hat for some reason the download of calendars (not events) fails, but the service does not detect that and thinks you removed all your remote calendars => it will delete all local calendars and all events in them, too.
    It probably is not necessary to delete the account to get them back... they should be readded on the next sync, if calendar download works again.

I had something like that, too, once or twice... but never really could catch the root cause of it, it seems. :-(
    So if you notice that again, please secure the log ASAP and mail it too me ( garfonso at mobo.info ). See first post for more on the logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbycop View Post
    I deleted the old Google Account in Calendar and Contacts. Checkt the Accounts App and both Calendar and Contacts were turned off. Email was on. Then I deleted the old Google Account.
    Umm...you'll still want to use the old Google account for email, I think. So far as I know, there's no problem with the Synergy Gmail connector, so it will likely work more reliably than anything else.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Umm...you'll still want to use the old Google account for email, I think. So far as I know, there's no problem with the Synergy Gmail connector, so it will likely work more reliably than anything else.
    Yes, I prefer to use the Google connector for mail, rather than as a generic IMAP account. It also works with Google talk/Hangouts or whatever they're calling it this month.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    As you'd expect, the Google Account Search app has stopped working.

Is anyone aware of a patch to get it to use the C+DAV Google connectors?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    As you'd expect, the Google Account Search app has stopped working.

Is anyone aware of a patch to get it to use the C+DAV Google connectors?
    Google Account Search app?
    Device: TouchPad, webOS 3.0.5

Just applied the contacts patch and installed the ipk on the first of my two TPs. After what I'd learned doing the installs on my phone, this one went smooth as silk.

Happily, the calendar events were loaded into Calendar by the time I'd finished setting all the calendar colors in prefs--much faster than on the phone, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I'd really like to see a log of that issue.
    I'll try, but unfortunately (for troubleshooting purposes, that is), try #3 is working now. (Woohoo!) I'll keep an eye on it and grab the logs if it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    This is a synergy plugin compatible with Caldav and Carddav for calendar and contact sync.
    Achim, thank you very much! It is great to have these new connectors for legacy HP webos devices.
    I installed the upsync versions to PRe3 (webos 2.2.4) and TP (webos 3.0.5) with QuickInstall.
    EDIT: also installed it for Pre2 (webos2.2.4)
    EDIT: BTW - the contact-xxx-patch installation on phones failed with QuickInstall - but I had no issue with installation done with Internalz.
    The sync with exiting Google calendars worked fine. On TP the sync completed within few minutes (I assume) and on Pre3 it took a while. I decided to reboot the Pre3 and then it synced all calendars within minutes too.
    EDIT: Now I installed the software on my Pre2 (webos 2.2.4) too. It works fine - and in the calendar app the sync for the main calendar was done within minutes. Now about 1h later and restarting the calendar app several times also most of my additional secondary calendars did sync within minutes. I did not yet use the "Sync now" in the Pre2 app.

Fine. Also after adding a new appointment in my google calendar using the google web pages this entry was synced to the webos devices ( I did use the "Synchronize now").

I also added new appointments on the Pre3 and the TP without problem.
    BUT these new entries are not visible in the google web calendar and not on the other webos device. Not even after triggering the "Sync now" (Aktualisieren).
    I assumed new calendar entries on webos devices are written (uploaded) to google directly.
    EDIT: Now - few hours later the new entry added on the TP is visible on web calendar and on Pre2 device (that now has the C-Dav-Google as well).

---
    On webos devices I can trigger with "Sync now" and a notification says "sychronizing ...". But I never now when synchronizing has completed - when it is finished. How can I find out if sync is done or still ongoing.
    Does Lumberjack tell me?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 11/23/2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: EDIT: changes on webos are synced and Pre2 works too
    Hello,

my device is Pre 2, Web OS 2.2.4

I have installed the connector. It's working fine for contacts and visible calendars. I mean here that I can see only one of my external calendars, two are missing. I can't see any configuration differences between the visible calendar et the other two that aren't visible.
    I have disable the calendar feature in the connector and re-enable it but I am still missing two external calendars

Any idea?

Thanks.
    Last edited by er dp; 11/24/2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: tipo
    Stupid question. So what happens to call logs, they are stored on the phone?
    call logs are stored into

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

this database on the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Stupid question. So what happens to call logs, they are stored on the phone?
    Do you mean the logs for the CDAV connector?
    ehm no, he asked about "call logs" , so I assumed he meant phone call logs
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    ehm no, he asked about "call logs" , so I assumed he meant phone call logs
    I thought I should ask, since this thread has nothing to do with phone calls.
    yep, it has nothing to do and I dunno why he asked here :P
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    Hello,

my device is Pre 2, Web OS 2.2.4

I have installed the connector. It's working fine for contacts and visible calendars. I mean here that I can see only one of my external calendars, two are missing. I can't see any configuration differences between the visible calendar et the other two that aren't visible.
    I have disable the calendar feature in the connector and re-enable it but I am still missing two external calendars

Any idea?

Thanks.
    Try gizmo21's settings fix:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I was missing calendars and going to mobile sync fixed it.
    First of all, I'd like to thank you for developing this patch, and also thank all who help us keep our favorite OS working.

Nevertheless, my attempts to install the patch using WOSQI have resulted in two failures ("2 out of 17 hunks" and "1 out of 14 hunks") that are shown in the attached screen capture. I would have also sent the log, but I could not locate the file to attach it to this post.

One other note/question: How difficult would it be to reconfigure/patch webOS to backup and sync to a PC as opposed to the soon to be defunct HP servers???? Initially, we may be limited to USB (or bluetooth) backups, but we wouldn't have to worry about our databases of information being lost due to a third party's organizational ebbs and flows. Then, desktop management tools could be re-developed to manage our own personal data/databases on our PC, much as we were able to do with PalmOS. Eventually, wireless sync and automatic backups to our own personal clouds (i.e., desktop PCs) through the internet could be developed; each of us would be independently running our webOS devices with what amounts to our own personal clouds. I personally have never needed a third party cloud for anything; as long as I could access my harddrive remotely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You have to copy the patch files to your device and install with Internalz Pro.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast