Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    I looked at my logs, there are 30MB big. Is that normal?? The events startet at Wed Nov 19 2014 19:43:31 GMT+0100 (CET) and end at Wed Nov 19 2014 22:23:47 GMT+0100 (CET)
    I have the same issue - has anyone found a solution?
    Google's request to copy a code flashes by - had to video it it see what it was saying

----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Attempted to install IPK (non-enyo) on my phone(s) with webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 2.1.0 (with patch), worked great with Google, Yahoo, and Apple ID...

Installed IPK (Enyo) on my Touchpad/Touchpad Go with webOS 3.0.5, worked great with Yahoo and Apple ID...

However, Google fails, in that it asks me to login then agree to the services, once it does it brings up a window for me to copy a code key and then tells me to go back to the app and paste the code key.

The Accounts app does not have place to paste the code key, all I can do is hit back which brings me back to the main Accounts app and does not install the connector for Google...
    I have the same issue. Is there a thread out there solving it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKorte View Post
    Google's request to copy a code flashes by - had to video it it see what it was saying
    ----------------------
    I don't think this is an issue needing solving.
    I just let that code fly by with no ill effect.
    It seems to work without any bothering with the code on my part.
    EDIT: I've done this with 2.2.4 and 3.0.5 using the latest upsync ipk files from the webos-ports wiki:
    http://webos-ports.org/wiki/C%2B_Dav_Synergy_Connector
    I think it stays on that authorization page a little longer in 3.0.5 than with 2.2.4, but just give it at least 5 seconds on that 'page' where it shows the back button (and the 'code') and it will eventually jump to the 'page' in account settings where you can press the "Create Account" button and finish the process.
    Last edited by bbito; 11/19/2014 at 08:26 PM.
    btw. you could shortly drop by metaviews "Map Tools Pro" thread, he's the father of Ubercalendar.
    Not that he has done already enough for the community, he and just made his top app Map Tools Pro free avail on nations catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbycop View Post
    I looked at my logs, there are 30MB big. Is that normal?? The events startet at Wed Nov 19 2014 19:43:31 GMT+0100 (CET) and end at Wed Nov 19 2014 22:23:47 GMT+0100 (CET)
    This Morning the log has 130MB.

Overnight I had 150MB Data Traffic.
  6.    #146  

This is NOT normal. It means the service is in an endless loop. Do you happen to have the sync patch for stable upload installed? Please remove it. If not, please cut ~1000 lines from the end of your log file and send them to me. (And please keep the log file conserved for further inspections).

After you copied / renamed the log file, you should try to reboot the phone and see if a new log file comes up and grows.. if yes, you should probably uninstall the c+dav connector for now and reboot again to save your batterylife & dataplan. Also you should clean up the device following the steps here C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports (at the bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by DougKorte View Post

----------------------

Yes, this is not very pretty... the page with the code should only show up short and then disappear and account app should take over. You don't have to worry about the code. It will be stored in encrypted storage by the app and you'll never have to enter it anywhere.
    If the page does NOT disappear, please close accounts app and try again later. Also make sure that the right IPK is installed (i.e. the enyo one for TouchPads and the Mojo one for phones). If nothing helps, please record a log with lumberjack and send it to me.

Edit: I updated the first post and removed all files and most instructions. I instead placed a prominent link to the wiki page which should contain all the necessary information. I kept some background infos & hints though. Is it better now?
    Last edited by Garfonso; 11/20/2014 at 06:53 AM.
    poehoes and bethel95 like this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    First I'd like to say how great the homebrew and developer support is for creaky WebOS. I use Google as my main calendar and contact repository and not having it would have put the nail in the coffin for me.

I did notice one strange by-product of switching from the old Google API to C+Dav. Somehow I lost all my pictures associated with my contacts in the phone app. I see the pictures in the contact app, but the phone shows an empty picture when they call. I don't know if this is a fluke but does anyone else see this problem or have a solution?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    "ISSUES" i have

* X-CHILD escaping:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

** Fixed with contacts-patch Version 5

* Google shared calendar sync between Android 4.4.4 and webOS(both have RW-rights):
    Works great but some events as "full day thursday only with reminder 4 days as popup - recurring every 2 weeks" are best created on browser google.com/calendar/, as a creation of those events on webos or android calendar app result in bad entries on the other end device, eg.
    -1 day full event ends as 2 day (thursday to friday) full event on the second device
    - reminder 4 days ends as no reminder at all on the second device
    I can't say which sync brings in the problems android or webos, but it finally worked creating those special events on the webcalendar and let it sync down to the devices. But editing should then also be done in web.
    ** could be fixed with 0.3.19 and perhaps delete default reminder setting in google webapp (not tested)

* google calendar sync of full day events with 0 minutes pop up reminders: (Garfonso already looks into this)
    If an full day event with 0 minutes pop up reminder is synced from google to my Pre2 2.2.4 (phone IPK) it gets created on Pre with a reminder "und undefined nachher" (which seems to be weird germen/eng mixture of webOS/calendar/ubercal???... text) instead of "Beim Start" reminder.
    This even happens to an event created with correct "Beim Start" reminder and gets synced up correctly to google as "pop-up 0 minutes", but gets synced down again on Pre as "und undefined nachher".

** is fixed with app version 0.3.19 (and perhaps delete default reminder setting in google webapp)

No big issue cause those are rather unusual reminders on full day, but perhaps others experienced too.
    I even had such an event not getting synced down to Pre, this is how i noticed something wrong with that event-setting in the first place, but i could not re-create that not syncing down issue.

log of "und undefined nachher" is sent to you via mail.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gizmo21; 01/17/2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added google shared calendar prob
    I had the same message in English (and undefined after) on a recurring event that I thought I had remove the reminder from. In fact I tried removing the reminder from both the device and the desktop browser, but was unsuccessful until I made two changes in the browser: setting another field (timezone) and removing the reminder in the same edit.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Over two months ago, my data usage skyrocketed to over my limit, when before I barely touched my data...

I checked all I could, asked about how to see what's happening, and no one could help, even my provider couldn't do more than say, yup, you're using a crapload of data...

data usage spike

I though that possibly a game that I've been playing a lot during that time might be the guilty but didn't see how.

Then I found that with all the email issues and the synch patch, my accounts had changed to continual check (as items arrive)

So it did explain a good deal of the problem... but still.. I installed Data Toggle and when I'm away from WIFI source (home and work), I make sure that my 3G is off and only turn it on when I need it, to check if I did get emails, etc. and look stuff up (maps, etc.) and then turn it back off again.

But I'm really wondering if the synch patch might have been the other segment of this issue.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 11/20/2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    First I'd like to say how great the homebrew and developer support is for creaky WebOS. I use Google as my main calendar and contact repository and not having it would have put the nail in the coffin for me.

I did notice one strange by-product of switching from the old Google API to C+Dav. Somehow I lost all my pictures associated with my contacts in the phone app. I see the pictures in the contact app, but the phone shows an empty picture when they call. I don't know if this is a fluke but does anyone else see this problem or have a solution?
    I have the same issue. Previously I had the "block low res contact photos from google/gmail" patch so I always set a high res photo to my favourite contacts. Since I saw this issue I removed the photos from all my contacts and now it always shows the google photo but the issue described above occurs. I see the photo in the contacts app but in the phone app it is just a blank square (in the call log I can see the photo correctly)... maybe a similar patch (similar to "block low res contact photos from google/gmail" ) but for this new connector is required?
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Just want to post a huge thank you to the amazing developers who continue to enhance what is still the best mobile OS.
    C+Dav works brilliantly for me (Pre3 & TP)
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Pre2 with 2.1.0 and did the following:

1) Put in 2.1.0 framework patch

2) Rebooted

3) Put in 3.18 phone ipk (upsync)

4) Added account Google cdav

Saw new Google CDAV in Calendar app

5) waited 1/2 hour - nothing

6) Forced a manual sync in calendar app - nothing after 45 minutes

7) Tried to force a sign in using app specific password (Google 2 step ) - get unknown error

Note:

I have the https error fix and no other calendar or sync patch

Did not create a contacts account because the current Google one is working and I dont want to mess it up.

Now I notice that the CDAV APP is not registered in preware anymore. It was there before I deleted the account and tried again. What gives? The app is still in my homescreen

Last edited by juanspixi; 11/20/2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: I meant CDAV app missing from preware , not patch
    The app doesn't show by itself in Preware. The package shows under unknown as 'This is a webOS application', but removing that does not remove everything, and will leave the app showing in the launcher. Removing from there is safe.

Have you checked the log file? It will be quite big and may not contain anything obvious to you, but if might help you. I'd save it off in case you need to send it to Garfonso.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The app doesn't show by itself in Preware. The package shows under unknown as 'This is a webOS application', but removing that does not remove everything, and will leave the app showing in the launcher. Removing from there is safe.

Have you checked the log file? It will be quite big and may not contain anything obvious to you, but if might help you. I'd save it off in case you need to send it to Garfonso.

Holy cow, after restarting the phone endless times all of a sudden new calendar entries started showing up after 3 1/2 hours! It looks like down and upsync are working! Had to wait a long time I guess. Maybe it was the hundreds of gmail calendars that were left over in the menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Had an issue with webOS 2.1.0 build 285 it has framework version 98, where as build 284 has version 94, so I replaced all 94 with 98, and applied and it worked... here is that patch...

Can you please include this?
    I tried to install the patch on a PreČ a couple times before I remembered this post. Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by juanspixi View Post
    Holy cow, after restarting the phone endless times all of a sudden new calendar entries started showing up after 3 1/2 hours! It looks like down and upsync are working! Had to wait a long time I guess. Maybe it was the hundreds of gmail calendars that were left over in the menu?
    Make sure you turn off the calendar in your old google account to get rid of those.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Make sure you turn off the calendar in your old google account to get rid of those.

Thanks Grabber. I did delete (turn off) my non functional google calendar once I verified the up/down sync was working on CDAV calendar. Menu sure is a lot cleaner now.

I tried to install the patch on a PreČ a couple times before I remembered this post. Thanks.

Yeah I forgot webOS 2.1.0 has a ton of frameworks...

[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

Depending on what version you use:

Re-Posted from above link: Ok, looked a little closer, webOS 2.1.0 has many builds two builds for PrePlus build 284 (O2) uses framework 94, but build 285 (SFR) used framework 98, Pre 2 has three builds, build 100 (Rogers) uses framework 94, but build 108 (WR) and 124 (Verizon) uses framework 98, and Veer webOS 2.1.1 (WR) also uses framework 94, but webOS 2.1.2 (AT&T) uses 99.

Assume any one who is using a meta doctor script is on build 285 (PrePlus) and build 108/124 (Pre2)?

The best for users using a Pre2 (Verizon/Sprint) is to go to webOS 2.2.4, although one had to meta-doctor to get there... Once HP fully kills their support, maybe the scripted doctor(s) will surface...
    I'm having issues with the C+Dav connector. I have a TP and a Pre3, and it's not working on either. On the Pre3, it's not working at all, which (oddly enough) I'm less concerned about right now. (Actually, it is working, as in, my alarms show up, but nothing shows in the calendar. Once I get the time to look at the logs, I'm sure they'll show something. Or I'll submit them to garfonso and hope they show something to him.)

But I digress. The reason that I'm posting is the Touchpad. I put the latest upsync version on there and was very happily seeing and updating calendar items (contacts are turned off) ... for about a day. Now all my Google calendars are gone, and replaced by one that is named Google C+Dav, which has no entries. (Well, I didn't Impostah to make sure it has no entries, but it has none I can see immediately through the main UI.) I deleted the account, added it again, and was happy again -- for about a day, after which the same thing happened. I'm getting ready to do try #3.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I should mention that my calendars and data still reside in teh Google, just not on my device. That is, this apparent glitch didn't wipe my server-side data.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast