Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Thank you very much. I marvel at how loyal you are to this cause. I am back up with calendar sync after Nov 17th lock out.

May I ask a slightly unrelated question? Without a palm profile or hp account my message application locks every conversation. I am still able to create a new, but not able to continue within a conversation. Does this fall in a similar vane as calendar and contact being an old google account made up of four services: email, message, contact, calendar?

Mike
    Well, this is a pain to get done, so I'm recording my steps here so make a "for dummies" guide.

I went here first: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

Touchpads

I got one to work so far, but did so many things that I lost track... so on my second, I'm doing a full

1) Downloaded the patch and the c+Dav
    2) removed the google synch (basically followed the instructions for installation)
    3) via WebOsQuickInstall, installed the contact patch (Touhpad rebooted), then the cdav_tablet
    4) went in accounts, removed my Google account
    5) Add an account (Google C+ Dav) entered my login, then accepted the Sign-in request / create account
    6) account wasn't there, close the Account App and re-opened, THERE IT IS!.. closed it to go in calendar
    7) calendar: preferences/account - the account is there, but it still wants to be clicked on to login (accept log-in)
    8) hmmm account is there but can't be selected for default... argh it's there but not active it appears
    9) reboot
    10) it wants me to go back in accounts and re-accept
    11) calendar, still nothing. opening the c_Dav app and the account doesn't show.
    12) delete the C+dav app, and starting over

13) it doesn't require for me to relog in just the accept part.
    14) back in the C+Dav App, account is now showing! start synch worked
    15) back to calendar, items are now showing!!!! I can switch the default to it.
    16) testing it, created an item (appointment and synching).. online calendar (in Firefox) shows the test item I just added!

DONE!!!

Now the third Touchpad!... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah same scenario but it finally worked too.

Now the phones.

Pre2 that doesn't have a SIM and using impostah to keep my apps from before I removed the SIM...
    DOUBLE FREAKING CRAP... it reformatted the phone, lost everything.

Pre3...

Similar to the Touchpad and what others stated..

It took several install/uninstalls, trying it over and over, and finally, out of the blue, one phone started to work correctly.

Second phone...just reinstalled everything now, leaving it alone for a while and will see how that goes.

And.. the first phone doesn't work anymore, won't synch... but decided to retest via one of my Touchpads that I know was working perfectly last night, and now new items creates in it aren't synching, which leads me to believe that Google servers are having issues or such.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 11/19/2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Unsure if fully up. Only able to see 7 calendars of the 13 available pre Nov 17th.
    On my phone, I put both components in the download folder of the USB drive. I followed recommendations about installing the patch with Internalz. I used Preware to install the connector. Worked fine. The colours of the google 'sub' calendars were off, but I think that's a case of setting up in webOS to match the web version - that bit isn't synced. Took a minute to correct and it all seems fine for me.
    You guys have rocked my world! Thanks for sharing this fix! My calendars are working again! The only snag is UberCalendar will no longer install after removing it to apply the connector ipkg and contacts patch, but it's not a huge deal. I'm mainly glad to have my beloved calendars!

Thanks again!
    Karla
    "Give me WebOS, or give me death!"
    Palm Pre > Sprint FrankenPre 2 > Verizon Pre 3 (coming soon!)
    usually there is no need to uninstall Ubercalendar in first place.

I think it would be about time an HOW-to or/and FAQ is made for those not so into it users.

- FIRST Export to vcf before doing anything and rename the .vcf in /.temp/ to a different name so it won't get overwritten

- On-device method to backup calendars: unknown (anyone?)

- Often you can backup your contacts and calendars in the cloud/groupware service you are using now: google, yahoo... so search there for vcard, csv, ical, vcs export in help and do this BEFORE using the upsync IPK.

- These patches "Ubercalendar", "Google sync behaviours patch", "google sync fix for https" work with c+dav - no need to uninstal them

- uninstall those patches: "Sync fix for stable upload" (by "moo treo8") and "Enhanced Contacts VCard export" (by "gizmo21")

- Install needed patches and AFTER that the IPK, both from first post of this thread - using Internals Pro not WOSQI

- Reboot after install and then create C+Dav account in "Accounts" app. Use templates there for standard services like google,yahoo

- After creating BE PATIENT first sync takes time. Get a coffee, watch TV, go for a walk.

- Google users: if shared calendars are not apearing check if you set them to sync: go to https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en , press Link
    "Sync your Google Account with your iPhone or iPad"
    ,next just press link:
    "To sync more than one calendar or new calendars you create, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect > Calendars you want to sync > Save. "

-
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11/19/2014 at 12:35 AM.
    I now have massive Batterie drain on my Pre3.

I don't have the "Sync fix for stable upload" Patch instslled.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    usually there is no need to uninstall Ubercalendar in first place.

I think it would be about time an HOW-to or/and FAQ is made for those not so into it users.

- FIRST Export to vcf before doing anything and rename the .vcf in /.temp/ to a different name so it won't get overwritten

- On-device method to backup calendars: unknown (anyone?)

- Often you can backup your contacts and calendars in the cloud/groupware service you are using now: google, yahoo... so search there for vcard, csv, ical, vcs export in help and do this BEFORE using the upsync IPK.

- These patches "Ubercalendar", "Google sync behaviours patch", "google sync fix for https" work with c+dav - no need to uninstal them

- uninstall those patches: "Sync fix for stable upload" (by "moo treo8") and "Enhanced Contacts VCard export" (by "gizmo21")

- Install needed patches and AFTER that the IPK, both from first post of this thread - using Internals Pro not WOSQI

- Reboot after install and then create C+Dav account in "Accounts" app. Use templates there for standard services like google,yahoo

- After creating BE PATIENT first sync takes time. Get a coffee, watch TV, go for a walk.

- Google users: if shared calendars are not apearing check if you set them to sync: go to https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en , press Link
    "Sync your Google Account with your iPhone or iPad"
    ,next just press link:
    "To sync more than one calendar or new calendars you create, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect > Calendars you want to sync > Save. "

-
    contacts and calendar function. thanks for the patch and ipk ... my email account gmail not connecting. tells me unknown error. some solution?
  9.    #129  
    Hi,

I was on holyday and needed some time to catch up with all the news and stuff. But I'm still here to read your issues. It would be good if someone wrote a more dummy-proof how to for install and configuration it seems.

Some information that I can give that answers some of the questions I found in this thread:
    - Calendar sync is attempted after contact sync is done. So if you have 3000 contacts in your Google account, be extra patient. None of the calendars or events will show up until the contact sync is done (or failed).
    - Patches for the Google stuff are irrelevant to the C+Dav connector
    - I advise to install the patches first, then the ipk. But this is not a requirement. Also the contacts patch is not 100% mandatory. Especially if you only want to use the calendar, you can leave the contacts patch for the time being.
    - Patches can not be installed using WOSQI. Use Internalz Pro, please.

Some known issues (Please provide logs if you run into them):
    - There is strange behaviour with recurring events and exceptions on TouchPad
    - There are issues with timezones & daylight saving time changes, also especially for recurring events
    - Sometimes the service hangs (especially on Pre3, it seems?). That leads to slow system, because memory is blocked and sync won't work at all (sync is currently in progress, but never finishes). In these cases, please send me a log file and reboot your device to get sync working again (or kill the service from the command line)

How to send me a log file? The log is stored in the USB partition, /media/internal in the file .org.webosports.cdav.service.log. The easiest way to send it is to use Internalz, tap on the file, select "Information" and there is an Email button.
    Important things to know about logs:
    - Keep in mind that your log files will contain personal data (i.e. contacts & events. Your password won't go into the logs). If you do not want to give that away (I promise to be discrete, but Emails are not encrypted and stuff), try to reproduce the issues with test data.
    - Save the log file ASAP. Because on every service start the old log file will be overwritten.

Send the logs to garfonso@mobo.info - please add a description what goes wrong and what device you are using and what server you try to speak to.

If you have issues with contacts / events conversion from / to server, please make sure the events in question are in the log. The easiest way to do this is to alter the contacts / events on device or server and then trigger a sync on device via the C+Dav app. When it stops spinning, the sync is done and you can send the log.

I'm still a bit busy currently, so I can't promise to solve your issues fast. But good error reports accompanied with the right log files will help me to improve the C+Dav connector. :-)
    guilledil likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    contacts and calendar function. thanks for the patch and ipk ... my email account gmail not connecting. tells me unknown error. some solution?
    You still need my google sync https patch to fix the login issue for regular gmail accounts, which still work for email, IM, and contacts (though not much reason to use for contacts when the C+DAV connector can handle the contacts). You just need to make sure calendar is turned off for those accounts, or it will constantly try to sync and fail, and prompt for your password.
    Just a follow up..

Google calender on the Touchpad is very slow to synch this morning but still appears to works, I create a test item, waited until I had to go to work and still nothing, but once at the office, checked and it's there (both online and on my phone), so it's working, but very slow.

The phone, with upsynch version doesn't seem to upsynch, only downsynch.

So I just tested with my Yahoo account and that's working fine, takes a few minutes to synch with the online version, but it's at last a two-way communication.
    OHHHH wait a moment... Google calendar with my Pre3 appears to be working again!

So again, it appears that it's possibly on Google's side?

And another test and it's not synching again... at least not within a few seconds like it did just a few moments ago.

Finally.. about 5 minutes before it showed online...

Just retested by deleted the test event.... , I hit the "synch now" and nothing.. waited five minutes, hit it again and this time the online item was removed.

Another test, just entered an item and waited (no synch now or anything).... took about 15 minutes to synch.

So it's a bit still tempemental (and sluggish), but appears to be working now.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 11/19/2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I advise to install the patches first, then the ipk. But this is not a requirement.
    It's only one data point, so something else may have been going on, but when I installed the contacts patch after installing the IPK, Calendar sync stopped working in both directions.

By uninstalling both the app and the patch, then reinstalling both in the sequence patch, Luna restart, ipk, everything started working right, again.

Again, something else may have been going on, but I would recommend installing the calendar patch before installing the ipk, just to remove all possibility of a conflict.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Hi,

I was on holyday and needed some time to catch up with all the news and stuff. But I'm still here to read your issues. It would be good if someone wrote a more dummy-proof how to for install and configuration it seems.
    I tried, honest I did... I tried to figure it out and get it sorted out with my first Touchpad, so that I would be able to know what I was doing so that as I did my second then third Touchpad, I'd have written down a "for dummies" version of the steps, but turned out that what you already did is as good as can get on

C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

What I ended up doing was just my experience, where I showed that I just had to redo it a few times, lots of reboots, and it eventually caught on and worked.... then followed up with my observation so that if others have similar experience, they can relate and see that it can be working, just slow.

And btw, a thousand thanks for all your efforts and work, as for me and many others (from what I see here) the calendar is of great importance to the usage of our devices. (and I really really do not want to switch my devices as there's still NOTHING out there that compares)
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 11/19/2014 at 10:21 AM.
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbycop View Post
    I now have massive Batterie drain on my Pre3.

I don't have the "Sync fix for stable upload" Patch instslled.
    Did you remember to remove Calendar from your original sync account? If you didn't, it will still be trying to sync via Synergy, even though your Calendar sync is now being handled by C-DAV. Repeatedly attempting to sync (and failing) via Synergy may be one possible source of battery drain after installing C-DAV.

If you don't remember, go to the Accounts app, look for your original account for Calendar sync, open it, and verify that Calendar has been turned off.

If you've committed to having C-DAV sync Contacts, too, then verify that's turned off in the original sync account, as well.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    While I would agree that the OP could be revised based on what we've learned in the past several days, everyone should also be aware of the C-DAV wiki that garfonso has set up. There's a lot more detailed info there than even in the OP.

If anything, I'd recommend that garfonso simply put a link to the wiki in the OP (instead of the details), and then maintain the wiki--it would be a lot easier than trying to keep both updated.

I just installed it on my Pre 3 according to:
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

and it worked flawlessly! Didn't even have time to go and make a cup of coffie before both contacts and calendar had updated.

Thanks so much for this. Without this, it would definitively been inconvenient as my daily driver.
    IPK's and patches install on both my TP and Pre 3. Everything (calendar & contacts) is working fine now on the TP, and the calendar is working on the Pre 3.

However contacts isn't working on the Pre 3 even after getting the patch installed, many restarts, forced syncs, etc. I've turned off the contacts for the older Google accounts (which are now doing only email), and C-Dav accounts are set for both calendar and contacts.

I can't even delete contacts on the device itself, much less up or down sync. What might have I done wrong?

Edit - Also noting that battery drain is really fast now, and that if I re-login to the C+Dav account through the contacts app, it stays in swirly mode for many minutes....
    Last edited by Wocketman; 11/19/2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Something is definitely not right on your phone. It kind of sounds like something did not get cleaned up right, or the contact linker is going crazy. One thing I'd recommend is keeping contacts turned on for the regular Google account until you sort out the issues with the C+DAV account - they will all get merged into the same contacts, so you won't see duplicates. For the contacts you can't delete, I wonder if they are orphaned because they were not cleaned up when the contact account was turned off. How many contacts accounts do you currently have configured, including C+DAV? Open each one in contacts preferences and see how many contacts it says are present from that account.

One thing you should do now is copy the log file for the connector from /media/internal - it starts with a dot so it is hidden by default on device unless Internalz is set to show them. Tap that file in Internalz and email it to yourself - it may be needed to find the problem if you can't get it sorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Did you remember to remove Calendar from your original sync account? If you didn't, it will still be trying to sync via Synergy, even though your Calendar sync is now being handled by C-DAV. Repeatedly attempting to sync (and failing) via Synergy may be one possible source of battery drain after installing C-DAV.

If you don't remember, go to the Accounts app, look for your original account for Calendar sync, open it, and verify that Calendar has been turned off.

If you've committed to having C-DAV sync Contacts, too, then verify that's turned off in the original sync account, as well.
    I deleted the old Google Account in Calendar and Contacts. Checkt the Accounts App and both Calendar and Contacts were turned off. Email was on. Then I deleted the old Google Account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Something is definitely not right on your phone. It kind of sounds like something did not get cleaned up right, or the contact linker is going crazy. One thing I'd recommend is keeping contacts turned on for the regular Google account until you sort out the issues with the C+DAV account - they will all get merged into the same contacts, so you won't see duplicates. For the contacts you can't delete, I wonder if they are orphaned because they were not cleaned up when the contact account was turned off. How many contacts accounts do you currently have configured, including C+DAV? Open each one in contacts preferences and see how many contacts it says are present from that account.

One thing you should do now is copy the log file for the connector from /media/internal - it starts with a dot so it is hidden by default on device unless Internalz is set to show them. Tap that file in Internalz and email it to yourself - it may be needed to find the problem if you can't get it sorted out.
    Interesting discovery, just minutes ago...some entries that I couldn't delete were ones that had entries in the "notes" section (leftover from a big contacts import I did years ago). Found out by chance that if I delete whatever is in the "notes" box, the contact can be deleted, and/or it disappears soon after. So, it seems I need to take the time to weed through the thousands and clear those out!
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast