Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    I HAVE "Google sync Behaviours Patch" 2.2.4-93 and "Google sync fix for hhtps" 2.24.-1.2 installed and the 2.2.4 contacts patch on first posting installed without any problem. So those two can't be the problem. please post more specific what the "1 out of 14 hunks failed" is reporting (which file...).

Update you were faster...

1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/111/javascript/vCard/VCardImporter.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ***FAILED***
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    1. Which other possible contacts, vcard patches have you listed in your preware? Uninstall them, if you don''t know about them.

2. Anyone knows which patch is touching the VCardImporter.jsjsjs? $This$ $way$ $perhaps$ $he$ $can$ $reinstall$ ($a$ $by$ $Preware$ &$quot$;$forgotten$&$quot$;) $patch$ $to$ $then$ $directly$ $fully$ $uninstall$ $it$ $again$.

3. Perhaps even an previous install of garfonsos patch in dangling there, then you could just go with Internals Pro to: "/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/111/javascript/vCard/" and rename the
    "VCardImporter.jsjsjs&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;$VCardImporter$.$js_BACKUP$&$quot$;
    AND then
    "VCardImporter.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;$VCardImporter$.$js$&$quot$;

Then restart device and try the patch again.
    I never got the patch to install but went ahead with connector. All contacts downloaded right away and seem to be fine. I have them backed up if there is an issue anyway.

Still no luck on the calendar and I'm now traveling this week, so I am out of time to do many trials

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I HAVE "Google sync Behaviours Patch" 2.2.4-93 and "Google sync fix for hhtps" 2.24.-1.2 installed and the 2.2.4 contacts patch on first posting installed without any problem. So those two can't be the problem. please post more specific what the "1 out of 14 hunks failed" is reporting (which file...).

Update you were faster...

1. Which other possible contacts, vcard patches have you listed in your preware? Uninstall them, if you don''t know about them.

2. Anyone knows which patch is touching the VCardImporter.jsjsjs? $This$ $way$ $perhaps$ $he$ $can$ $reinstall$ ($a$ $by$ $Preware$ &$quot$;$forgotten$&$quot$;) $patch$ $to$ $then$ $directly$ $fully$ $uninstall$ $it$ $again$.

3. Perhaps even an previous install of garfonsos patch in dangling there, then you could just go with Internals Pro to: "/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/111/javascript/vCard/" and rename the
    "VCardImporter.jsjsjs&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;$VCardImporter$.$js_BACKUP$&$quot$;
    AND then
    "VCardImporter.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;$VCardImporter$.$js$&$quot$;

Then restart device and try the patch again.
    Hmm....I found VCardImporter.jsjsjs, $however$ $don$'$t$ $see$ &$quot$;$VCardImporter$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $Will$ $that$ $appear$ $after$ $I$ $rename$ &$quot$;$VCardInporter$.$js$&$quot$;?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Install the patches before installing the ipk.
    Device: Pre3, webOS 2.2.4 (I'd recommend that everyone put this in your posts, so we know what device & webOS version you're using)

Being an eager sort, I installed the C+Dav ipk after removing the old patches and my old Google Calendar account. When I later tried to install the new vcard/contacts patch, the install failed.

This is one point where the OP and the wiki aren't clear. I knew I had to uninstall the old patches for sync and vcard, but it wasn't explicit that, if I wanted to install the new vcard/contacts patch, it must be done before installing the C+Dav ipk. It would help a lot if this were made very clear in the OP and on the wiki page.

I'm assuming that I will be able to limp along using the old Synergy conduit for Contacts (and that's what I've got set up in Accounts). I've run some tests, and Contacts seem to be syncing in both directions.

When the Synergy Contacts conduit finally fails (as I assume it eventually must, once Google loses interest in keeping the deprecated v2 API active), am I correct that I will need to do the following to recover:

1. Delete the C+Dav Calendar account
    2. Remove the C+Dav app
    3. Install the new vcard/contacts patch
    4. Disable Contacts in the existing Google account (in the Accounts app or in Contacts prefs)
    5. Reinstall C+Dav app
    6. Enable both Calendar and Contacts in the C+Dav app (in Accounts or in app prefs)
    7. Re-sync

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Ok, I removed the Google sync behavior patch and tried again. However still getting the 1 of 14 hunks failed error, with some notes I don't understand. I took a screenshot with the error however don't know how to post or add it here. So, I will attempt to type it:

1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/111/javascript/vCard/VCardImporter.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ***FAILED***
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy

Mean anything in particular?
    Did any of you with this error read my post?

This is the error i got when trying to install with wosqi. And i did not get the error when i transferred ipk to phone first then installed with internalz.

Jest making sure you tried this.

However i just added test events and don't see up or down sync. I'll give it some more time i guess...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    The patch is important for the sync to work properly, but I would not think it would actually cause patch installation to fail. I had the same install error on my Preł using WOSQI but it installed fine using Internalz after copying the patch file to my phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/18/2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Well, being the procrastinator that i am, I waited until the Calendar no longer worked to up date to the cal dav connector. The contact patch failed for me on the Pre 3. 1 out of 14 hunks failed. I do not have the vcard patch installed. I even installed it so I could uninstall it just to make sure! no luck with that.
    Greetings from a fellow procrastinator!

Did you install the new contact patch before you installed the C+Dav ipk? See my earlier post.

Hopefully we'll soon get a response from someone knowledgeable as to whether my proposed mitigation procedure should work.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Hmm...(on my Pre 3) I see that I have "Google Sync Behaviors Patch", and "Google sync fix for https"...should remove those as well?
    Device: Pre3, webOS 2.2.4

I left both the "Google Sync Behaviors Patch" and "Google sync fix for https" patches in place. For me, the C+Dav install and Calendar sync went fine. I didn't enable C+Dav contact syncing, so I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Did any of you with this error read my post?

This is the error i got when trying to install with wosqi. And i did not get the error when i transferred ipk to phone first then installed with internalz.

Jest making sure you tried this.

However i just added test events and don't see up or down sync. I'll give it some more time i guess...
    DOH! Just installed the patch with Internalz Pro. Thanks. Now to see if the contacts will sync.....
    Update on sync test:

Downloaded from android to phone successfully.

But it WIPED MY TEST UPLOAD EVENT.

so not only no sync UP, but it got erased by the downloading sync. THIS IS NO GOOD.

suggestions anyone?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!

After installing the ipk and setting up C+Dav in Accounts for Calendar, I switched to Calendar prefs to confirm that the C+Dav account showed up (it did), that it was set as the default (it was), and to initiate a sync.

After a long while of nothing happening, I restarted the phone (just in case). After the restart, I forced a sync in Calendar, again. After another long while, still nothing happened.

Just for grins, I opened Calendar prefs, tapped the C+Dav account, re-entered my Google account password, then forced another sync.

Within a minute, events started showing up in Calendar.

Disclaimer: It's entirely possible that I simply wasn't patient enough (garfonso warned us that the first sync is slow), and that all I was doing was killing time while the first sync was doing its thing. But if you've been waiting a long time for your events to show up, re-entering your account password might be worth trying. If nothing else, it will give you something to do while you wait.

Update: After Calendar sync started working, I installed the contacts patch (via Internalz Pro; WOSQI didn't work, as we now all know). Whether coincidently or not, Calendar sync stopped working in both directions. To recover from that, I uninstalled both the D-DAV app and the contacts patch, then reinstalled them in the sequence contacts patch (via Internalz Pro), Luna restart, D-DAV ipk (via WOSQI). After about 20 min, all my Calendar events showed up on my phone (from Google Calendar), this time without any extra nudging on my part. I expect that I simply wasn't patient enough the first time around.

I did not enable Contacts in the C-DAV account, just Calendar. I'm holding off on using C-DAV for Contacts until I've backed up the contacts from all of my Google accounts that I sync to my phone (and I may wait even then until the Synergy Contacts conduit dies--if it's not broken, etc., etc.).
    Last edited by bethel95; 11/19/2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Updated info

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Update on sync test:

Downloaded from android to phone successfully.

But it WIPED MY TEST UPLOAD EVENT.

so not only no sync UP, but it got erased by the downloading sync. THIS IS NO GOOD.

suggestions anyone?
    I've never had it wipe a local event and not sync it up. Garfonso will probably be interested in your log file.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Grabber, should your "Google sync patch 1.2" still be installed or do you reckon the cDAV connector work without it?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Grabber, should your "Google sync patch 1.2" still be installed or do you reckon the cDAV connector work without it?
    My patch has no effect on the CDAV connector. I've always had them installed together.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    My patch has no effect on the CDAV connector. I've always had them installed together.

Will it function properly without your patch or should I install it as well? (freshly doctored Pre3)
    Last edited by Andreas; 11/18/2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Will it function properly without your patch or should I install it as well? (freshly doctored Pre3)
    You only need my patch if you are also going to add your google account using the built-in Google account type to sync email, IM, or contacts. It is not needed for the CDAV connector or for accessing gmail as IMAP.

Something that I didn't mention in my previous post about the contacts patch is that I made my attempt to install using WOSQI. Taking a lead from TJs11thPre, I decided to try copying the patch file to my phone and installing with Internalz Pro. Lo and behold, the patch installed this time.

OK, that was the good news; now for the bad news.

After installing the contacts patch, my Calendar sync stopped working. Uninstalling the patch didn't fix this, so I'm going to try later today removing the C+Dav app and starting over.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Be careful removing and re-adding accounts - webOS sometimes does not clean up after third-party synergy connectors. You may end up with orphaned calendar entries. Cleanup can be a bit of a pain - it's documented on the wiki page.

Have google contacts working just fine, calendar however is syncing my regular G-cal (both adding events from my pre3 and from the browser) but not my subscribed calendars which is proving to be an issue ie my timetable which is synced via a link on gcal does not sync at all.
    Last edited by kel101; 11/18/2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Have google contacts working just fine, calendar however is syncing my regular G-cal (both adding events from my pre3 and from the browser) but not my subscribed calendars which is proving to be an issue ie my timetable which is synced via a link on gcal does not sync at all.
    Check here and make sure your subscribed calendars are set to sync. https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

That may not be the problem, but it's worth checking. It was not my problem, but I saw a couple of reports on here about it. My issue was that first time I added my google account, all of my calendars showed in the list, but none of the events on my holiday calendar would not sync down. I checked that page and verified all was set, and ended up disabling the calendar, and I later removed and re-added the account, and eventually they came down. I'm as impatient as anyone, so I am not certain that was what fixed it, but I'm pretty sure it was.