Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Is this with 0.3.17? It should retry failed uploads during the next regular sync since a few versions... (probably not too many and definitively after you reported the issue to me ). In my tests that worked quite good. But maybe it is still faulty.

If you see such an issue again, could you try to reboot your device and run a sync from the app and see if it works? I sometimes see that the service hangs indefinitely and blocks all further sync attempts, because "sync is already in progress" *mumble*.
    For that 0.3.18 will write a log into /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log (or txt?).. because whenever I noticed that the messages already rotated out of the system logs. :-(

Sometimes I also see that the db-watches are not firing, i.e. changed events/contacts are not immediately uploaded to the server but only on next sync. That is more a system issue and also works again after a reboot. :-/
    oh, I missed the new version - I am still using the pi version (0.3.14 )

I will update and try again.

Thanks,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Hi,

now I installed 0.3.17 and contact upload works!
    moboinfo still says, that the pi version is the current one, btw.

Will check the offline event-adding these days and report back.

Cheers,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  3.    #63  
    Ooops.
  4.    #64  
    Ok, 0.3.18 is released and also now upsync is public. Please be careful with that, though. I don't take any responsibility for lost data...
    HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
    I tried the 0.3.18 NO upsync with calendar on google and my subscribed calendars from friends and from other URL (sports calendars) don't apear in the caldav calendars. Mine apear fine, i can see quite good as i have google api and caldav calendars both activated for test.
    Are there known probs with shared /subscribed calendars in your CalDAV implementation, haven't found anything in the thread?

Should work from google as iOS seems to use CalDAV and i don't think it can be a prob there.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10/19/2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Nobody of the testers with the problem mentioned above?

If google api will fail on 14. Nov. we should have some backup solutions that work.

[update on How to add shared google calendars into CalDAV sync]:
    Ok i found the solution:
    go there:
    https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en

• open: "Sync your Google Account with your iPhone or iPad"

• ignore all there, just press link:
    "To sync more than one calendar or new calendars you create, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect > Calendars you want to sync > Save. "

Link above also works on phones. After waiting for a while now also the shared calendars apear.

-----

Perhaps this can be put in first posting or FAQ of this C+DAV connector.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/09/2014 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post

If google api will fail on 14. Nov. we should have some backup solutions that work.
    Hi,

I only just installed the 0.3.18 on my pre3 right after I resynched all my contact and calendar with 0.3.17
    But, I only sync to my owncloud (now running on a Raspberry Pi!), so I think I can not help you there.

Moving the owncloud reference on my TP is next.

Regards,
    UW
    I don't have any shared calendars on my test account.. Been holding off using my main account until we were certain it was safe.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post

[update on How to add shared google calendars into CalDAV sync]:
    Ok i found the solution:
    go there:
    https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en

open: "Sync your Google Account with your iPhone or iPad"

ignore all there, just press link:
    "To sync more than one calendar or new calendars you create, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect > Calendars you want to sync > Save. "

Link above also works on phones. After waiting for a while now also the shared calendars apear.

-----

Perhaps this can be put in first posting or FAQ of this C+DAV connector.

I remember doing this procedure for the original google connector, too. Is that not necessary anymore?

Anyway, glad you found a solution... the c+dav connector syncs all calendar folders it can find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I remember doing this procedure for the original google connector, too. Is that not necessary anymore?

Anyway, glad you found a solution... the c+dav connector syncs all calendar folders it can find.
    No with google api all worked fine before. And when i opend that webpage the shared calendars were not marked (so not synced via calDAV aka "iPhone sync" ) but synced fine with api.

So perhaps there will be some requests on it when in Nov. the old api dies and your connector gets into heavy use.

btw: thx for looking into the ubercalendar sync tweaks thingy - i posted the guide with screenshots in the ubercal thread, so you know which functions there are.
  11.    #71  
    You are right. But ActiveSync had the same issue. Hm.. for some reason I must have tried this before: Improve Google Calendar sync by setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange account | webOS Nation

I can't promise on those sync tweaks. But will look into it. Don't expect anything to happen in the next few weeks, because I'm on holiday, though.
    After my veer's battery was almost completely drained for the 2nd time in 3 weeks due to google calendar sync going berserk, I had enough. Removed the old google account, installed the patches and ipk from the first post... and all seems well so far. I will probably leave the upsync-disabled version installed for a couple more days, then will give the upsync-enabled version a go.
    Only problem I had was finding out that there are predefined 'new account templates'. Tried it a couple of times with the C+DAV Connector with different urls for google that I found on the web without success. Finally came back here to do some more research. And when I read about 'new account templates' it dawned on me to just scroll down and see what else there was available. Bingo! Probably would have seen them first thing had I tried it with my Pre3 first, bigger screen and all...
    Anyways, it seems to be working very well. Many thanks, Garfonso!
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Hi

I am really happy with my owncloud setup and c+dav synergy but I noticed something and I am not sure, if this is a bug or a feature

I use to create weekly events up until an end date where every now and then one of them is cancelled. So I delete the one and say "this event only" on my TP.
    The one event is subsequently gone at the owncloud calender but still appears on the TP, no matter how often I delete it.

Any idea, why that may be?

Other than that, I have no obvious problem with addresses or events.

Regards,
    UW
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 11/05/2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: remove duplication
    Is it a setting in the connector or the calendar that does not immediately sync new events created on the phone up to google (or other service) immediately?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I tried to change the time of a recurring event today, and it didn't work right - I don't know where the handoff is from the calendar app to the synergy connector, so it could just have been a calendar bug. I had created a test event for noon on the first Wednesday of every month, starting today and repeating through Nov 2015. Later I edited the subject and changed the time to 6:30pm, and did a back gesture and tapped 'change series'. The event for today disappeared, and all future events showed on Tuesday, and had the original subject instead of the new one. Tapping an occurrence and checking the recurrence showed it was still set correctly as the first Wed of every month, even though it showed on Tues. I wasn't expecting a problem so I wasn't capturing logs, but I'll try to recreate it. Oh, currently on 0.3.17.

Edit: *of course* I can't recreate it.. :|
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/07/2014 at 08:44 AM.
    The first post of this thread was from June. Now that some progress had occurred, and now a deadline is known, can that first part be edited a little so those coming here for guidance have the most up to date instructions?

After reading a few times i admit being a bit confused on the order of install and or uninstall as well as what concerns are now obsolete.

Do i remove the Google sync patch from G5.0 we just put on? Or is that different? There's a lot of similar name patches. Do i turn off Google account sync for contacts and calendars on the Accounts card? Do it first so i don't have doubles of every contact?? Do the patches go on before the ipk or is order irrelevant?

Thanks again!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    vgg likes this.
    Install the patches before installing the ipk.

You can leave my patch installed, and in fact I recommend it until you are comfortable that all is sync'd down via cdav. Energy will merge them so you won't see dupes, but you can still check each account in contacts to confirm the number of contacts matches. It will take a while for all to sync. Same goes for calendar - you eventually see two entries side by side for all events. Then just turn off calendar for the old account. Also I recommend exporting all of your contacts to csv in case there are any that never sync'd to the cloud, plus it is a good backup.
    TJs11thPre and petbull like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Install the patches before installing the ipk.

Also I recommend exporting all of your contacts to csv in case there are any that never sync'd to the cloud, plus it is a good backup.
    1. Export to vcf before doing anything and rename the .vcf in /.temp/ to a different name so it won't get overwritten
    2. Install patches of first post in this thread - reboot
    3. Now export to vcf again as now you should have more standard compliant vcf file, better for later use (even on non palm devices
    4. Install ipk, activate accounts....
    For some reason I can't get my c+dav Google connector to bring in my calendar. I see it listed in the Preferences but can't make it default because only the HP webOS account is there for the choice. In calendar view tapping All in the upper right also only shows the Hp webOS account. Not sure what's going on.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    For some reason I can't get my c+dav Google connector to bring in my calendar. I see it listed in the Preferences but can't make it default because only the HP webOS account is there for the choice. In calendar view tapping All in the upper right also only shows the Hp webOS account. Not sure what's going on.
    Did you accidentally install the no upsync version? It will do exactly that. If you did, you have to remove the account and uninstall before installing the upsync version.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast