Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Company name and title do sync to the device from the cloud however. I edited them on my Pre2 using the Google connector, and they are now on my Pre3 using the C+DAV connector. I did see something odd, which I'm not sure the cause - the old company name that I had entered on the Pre3 that never sync'd displays when I open the contact, but the one that sync'd down from Google via cdav shows when I hit the edit button. I will check in Impostah to see what is where.. Ok - the title that is displayed when you open the contact comes from the person object. The one sync'd down from google is in the cdav.contact object.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/04/2014 at 09:30 PM.
  2.    #42  
    Release 0.3.14 and a new patch-v2.
    In some situations downsync of contacts could faild with patch-v1. Issue: You need to remove patch-v1 before applying patch-v2.

But pacht-v2 does not touch the concatenated files anymore => much less conflicts should happen.

I strongly advise to install patch-v2, because it allows the cdav connector to import/export contacts from memory. Without the patch it is forced to write a vcf file to disk and remove it afterwards.
    I apologize for not being able to include logs/errors (not certain how to do so).

I installed 3.14 and the 3.0.5 patch on my touchpad, but my contacts aren't syncing. After forcing sync the notification message pops up for a second and immediately goes away (doesn't stay in notice area like I would expect if it were still running)

any thoughts? If you could instruct me on how to check logs/errors I will gladly do so! Again, sorry for so little useful information...
    @Garfonso: Just one thought of enhancement.
    It would be good to include an ownCloud template in the C+Dav connector together with the other templates.

Reasoning:
    1. if an ownCloud server is installed not in a subdirectory but on its own domain/subdomain (like http://cloud.xy.com), then the auto-discovery can't detect from the normal URL that this site is an ownCloud site. One has to write the full URL (like http://cloud.xy.com/remote.php/caldav) which is cumbersome.
    2. - as you mentioned already in the documentation - webOS does not allow creating two accounts with the same connector/username, so if someone wants to connect to two ownCloud instances with the same username, this is currently impossible, but with an ownCloud template this would be solved (at least for the two accounts problem).
  5.    #45  
    I'm against a owncloud template, because it would not change a lot (two accounts might be better than one, but come on... not really a solution... hm.. an easier fix might be if I lie to webOS about the username and include the alias?), but make a lot of work...

I could add a dropbox on the page to select from a list of known server configurations and enhance the URL with that knowledge. Let me try that, when I find the time...
    Will this also work for Outlook/Hotmail?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will this also work for Outlook/Hotmail?
    Probably not, because they do not support caldav/carddav, to my knowledge.

MS usually goes the active sync only way. Last I looked into active sync, it had some pretty strange license restrictions and I stopped thinking about it.
    Has anyone gotten this to work with a Yahoo account? I haven't been able to get mine to work. Also, I don't know if it is still true, but I ran across a Yahoo support page that said their CARDDAV sync was one-way from server to device.
  9.    #50  
    Hm.. I have some issues here, too... not sure why. Do you get "timeout" errors? (Which is wrong, but there are not a lot of errors the service can deliver back to the default UI)... somehow I currently get a 400 error for the PROPFIND method I try to check credentials.

Now I try with a GET request, but it's just timing out.. strange. :-/

EDIT:
    Ok, the timeout issue was me being stupid...

Did some more investigation Now... it seems the server did get even pickier and for some reason does not like my XML request... I really don't have a clue why... :-(
    If you want to fiddle with it, it is here: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...CalDav.js#L390 (which is in the service directory on webos, i.e. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosports.cdav.service/...)

I tried some variants... but it never accepts it. The zimbra server they have running at yahoo really is the most picky webdav server I ever saw.
    Last edited by Garfonso; 09/11/2014 at 04:08 AM.
  10.    #51  
    Ok, fixed the yahoo issue. With version 0.3.17 yahoo should work fine again (at least on my test with LuneOS it did ).

Also I updated the first post. Please not that there is a new version of the contacts patch... webOS vCard conversion unnecessarily HTML-escaped &, < and > which would also upsync to server... not a very nice move. That is now disabled. I could not find issues in the UI, but please keep the patch in mind, if you start to see contacts not being displayed properly anywhere.
    How far are we from declaring the upsync version safe for our primary accounts? I've seen no issues on my test account, but confess I haven't done any active testing with it in a while due to my workload.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  12.    #53  
    I thought about that, too. But I postponed it a bit, because I was quite busy, too. I hope that will lighten up a bit now. So I think I'll go for it, soon.

I did not find issues with my owncloud sync for a long time... I'd like to get some more reports from people using Google, Yahoo or iCloud. There can be some more issues with data encoding during upsync. But we can't find them without people using the C+Dav connector.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've been using the upsync version for Google calendars on both my Pre3 and my TP for about the last 3 months with no observed problems, though I would most likely be classified as a light user.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I thought about that, too. But I postponed it a bit, because I was quite busy, too. I hope that will lighten up a bit now. So I think I'll go for it, soon.

I did not find issues with my owncloud sync for a long time... I'd like to get some more reports from people using Google, Yahoo or iCloud. There can be some more issues with data encoding during upsync. But we can't find them without people using the C+Dav connector.
    Thanks.
    I guess what I'll do to be safe is export my main google contacts and import them into my test account. And then watch synergy go nuts merging them all into my 'person' collection.
    Hmm. My Pre˛, with version 0.3.14 would not sync the additional contacts, even after disabling and re-enabling contacts. I also removed and re-added the account, now no contacts will sync. My Preł with 0.3.13 had no issues, just had to initiate a sync.
  16.    #57  
    So 0.3.13 still works?

I just added a new account with my current development version (0.3.18 ) and it is right now syncing down fine... strange.

Maybe the token just ran out?
    I feared that this might happen... could you get me a log of a sync attempt? Preferably by e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    So 0.3.13 still works?

I just added a new account with my current development version (0.3.18 ) and it is right now syncing down fine... strange.

Maybe the token just ran out?
    I feared that this might happen... could you get me a log of a sync attempt? Preferably by e-mail.
    Will do.. I saved the log, but I only had your contact info in that account, so I couldn't send it to you right away.

I was still cookied, so when I re-added the account, I did not have to sign in again, it just gave me the confirmation screen authorizing access, and I clicked whatever the go button says.
    I am using owncloud on my win pc and found the following "features"

• when I create a contact on my TP, it is not uploaded

• an offline created calendar item is not uploaded with the next sync

When I create a calendar item while my owncloud is running, the upload works, but not for a contact.

Also there seems to be a bug in the owncloud webinterface, as I cannot create a contact there either, but that is another topic.

Anyone seeing that as well?

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  19.    #60  
    Is this with 0.3.17? It should retry failed uploads during the next regular sync since a few versions... (probably not too many and definitively after you reported the issue to me ). In my tests that worked quite good. But maybe it is still faulty.

If you see such an issue again, could you try to reboot your device and run a sync from the app and see if it works? I sometimes see that the service hangs indefinitely and blocks all further sync attempts, because "sync is already in progress" *mumble*.
    For that 0.3.18 will write a log into /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log (or txt?).. because whenever I noticed that the messages already rotated out of the system logs. :-(

Sometimes I also see that the db-watches are not firing, i.e. changed events/contacts are not immediately uploaded to the server but only on next sync. That is more a system issue and also works again after a reboot. :-/
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast