Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Can you confirm that your google account is still the default calendar account and that your new events are on your local google calendar and not your Palm Profile account? Also what version of the connector is installed? Can you confirm it's the latest? A few versions ago Garfonso created a separate log file in /media/internal for the connector to write to.
    Yep, default is my Google account (on all devices). I've somehow deleted the Palm Account a while back, IIRC using Impostah, so that's not even an option anymore. How do I tell which version of the connector I have?
    Easiest way is to find the C+DAV app in the launcher, hold the OPT key and tap the icon, and it will show the app info and version. Should also report it in Preware.
    Easiest way is to find the C+DAV app in the launcher, hold the OPT key and tap the icon, and it will show the app info and version. Should also report it in Preware.
    Thanks....it's v0.3.20
    Ok, so I saw that there's a newer version, so I've installed that on my DD, that has the contacts/events that I want to save/upload. But it seems that I have to delete the old account on the device, and create a new one to work with the new C+DAV app? How do I save the contacts/events that I'm trying to rescue on the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Ok, so I saw that there's a newer version, so I've installed that on my DD, that has the contacts/events that I want to save/upload. But it seems that I have to delete the old account on the device, and create a new one to work with the new C+DAV app? How do I save the contacts/events that I'm trying to rescue on the device?
    You should be able to upgrade without removing the old version of the connector or the account. You only need to clean up if something goes wrong and it won't work.
    You should be able to upgrade without removing the old version of the connector or the account. You only need to clean up if something goes wrong and it won't work.
    I must have goofed up...I saw that the old version was still there after installing the new one using WOSQI. New one didn't seem to be there. So I deleted the old one and reinstalled the latest again which appears now, however without being linked to an account. My bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    I must have goofed up...I saw that the old version was still there after installing the new one using WOSQI. New one didn't seem to be there. So I deleted the old one and reinstalled the latest again which appears now, however without being linked to an account. My bad?
    I am not as familiar with the connector as I used to be, so hopefully Garfonso will see a notification for the thread activity and respond. Check the C+DAV app and see if any accounts are listed there. Also checked the Accounts app. It's possible the events and contacts are still there, but just orphaned. I don't know that it's really possible to reassign to a new account, but I could be wrong about that. It would be pretty hard to recreate and debug. Hopefully there is something useful in the .org.webosports.cdav.service.log that might identify any bugs that might have contributed. I have not used the connector recently, so I don't know if there are any current issues syncing up to the google servers, but the down sync is definitely working, because I added my wife's gmail account to a phone and it brought down her contacts and calendar events. I'll do some testing tomorrow to confirm it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/26/2016 at 01:57 AM.
    My contacts don't sync
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    My contacts don't sync
    Which direction?
    Which direction?
    Phone to google
    Phone to google
    I never got around to doing that testing this weekend like I planned. I'm starting that phone back up to do it.
    Phone to google
    Phone to Google worked for me this morning, however I did force a sync in Contacts app - I didn't test without a forced sync.
    I just created a new contact and edited an existing one in my cdav account and both changes synced automatically. Ironically I had to refresh the oauth tokens for my non-cdav google accounts to get them to sync down my recent updates to the phone.
    I try to login to Google account again and I get "bad request"
    I try to login to Google account again and I get "bad request"
    Is that the Google account type or C+DAV account type? That shouldn't be possible for the C+DAV account type (unless I'm forgetting something). For those, I had to re-obtain the token for sync to work. For the built-in Google account type, you have to have frantid's current google oauth patch and (if you want calendar) current ubercalendar patch.
    I think the problem is I had the webOS contacts as default account. When I click on it, it says 29 contacts which seems about right since I started using this phone. But no clue how to import these to google account

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yeah, if those are in the Palm Profile account, they'll never sync. It should be easy to move them though, but using the cellbrite export utility to export them into a vcf file and importing them using the gmail contact web app. The only real challenge would be it exports all contacts, not just local ones, so if you didn't remove dupes from the exported vcf file, it would create dupes that you would have to clean up - the gmail webapp does make that fairly easy though with a dupe cleanup/merge page.

Instructions (this post and the one following it): HP Veer USB cable connection problem
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/29/2016 at 01:09 PM.
    Ok. Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I have bound all contacts and calendar events to an ownCloud-account synced with the C+Dav Synergy connector on several devices. OwnCloud was running on my RaspberryPi. Now it seems that my SD-Card is broken so I can't boot my Raspberry Pi any more. Besides it seems that there is no way to get the ownCloud data from the SD-Card.
    Is there a possibility to bring all information still stored on my devices to a new ownCloud account? Seems like I have no chance to edit the account settings of my account on the devices...
    E.g. importing the data with a vcf-file to a new account will make me lose all ringtones and photos that are selected for the persons.
    Hi all,
    I have had (probably every 3 to 4 months) a situation where C+DAV stops syncing and when I force a sync, the process never stops and drains the battery even after a reboot.
    Killing the process does nothing (as it just re-launches), so the only way to stop it, is to turn off syncing for Cal and Contacts, let it delete the entries, then turn the sync back on for Cal and Contacts (it then re-populates and works as expected).
    Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and if there is something i can do to prevent it from happening again in the future?

Thanks,
    Baldric