Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
  1.    #381  
    As always they are in the changelog: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...ster/ChangeLog

I recommend updating to 0.3.32, especially if you use a Google account.
    Hi! Thanks for extending the lifespan or our webos devices!

Just had to doctor my Pre3 and wanted to install the latest cdav app. Unfortunately, all dropbox links go to a 404 page currently.

Thanks!
    Yes, confirmed and also by this poster: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)

It seems the links on the wiki and the first post of this thread go to the same place.

There's this: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...tacts.carddav/
    ...but I assume it has to be 'built'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes, confirmed and also by this poster: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)

It seems the links on the wiki and the first post of this thread go to the same place.

There's this: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...tacts.carddav/
    ...but I assume it has to be 'built'.
    I don't see the file to install on the Pre, it appears there is no built version.
    Because i don't have JDK installed on my computer, could you please give me a link for a ready to Pre 3 version ?
    Why, these files aren't no available on Preware ?
  5.    #385  
    Ooops.... sorry, moved stuff in my dropbox around a bit and must have broken those links and directory structure. I currently update all the links in this post and in the webos-ports wiki.

As to why they are not in Preware, please read further up. Thanks.

Thanks @Preemptive for bringing this to my attention.

Edit: Links should work again. If I missed something, please post.
    Last edited by Garfonso; 08/19/2015 at 03:42 AM.
    Hmmm...

I uninstalled this as I'm getting unusual battery drain with wifi on and am trying to isolate a cause. It was working fine, but my patches were dated. These apparently need to be uninstalled before newer versions are added.

My email certificate has been updated and I'm not seeing a yellow triangle. That doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, though the drain is perhaps not as bad.

So, Pre3, 2.2.4.

I have installed calendario2241, contacts2245 and the phone C+DAV app. All files were transferred to device and installed with Internalz Pro & Preware. I notice Calendario2241 is not mentioned in the instructions. The informational card is largely empty. There are upgrades for earlier versions, the contacts patch and the app. There is even a .json file for another patch. What is Calendario doing (Calendar I/O)? Is it needed? I think I had it before.

I opened the accounts app and entered my password. I then got a few minutes of spinner, then '[red]unknown error[/red]. There is detail, which is,
    TRANSPORT_FAILURE ( Failed to notify transports: palm://org.webosports.cdav.service/on CalendarEnabled )
    Note: I suspect I didn't remove the original installation properly as the account came up to remove it or change settings - I used the second option to put the password in (password hasn't changed)

Though Google is set to 'calendar', the calendar app only has the HPwebOS account available.

I've tried pressing buttons like 'Discovery', but I'm basically getting spinner...

I'll fiddle around a bit more, but if anyone can spot any obvious errors I've made, I'll be grateful for the heads-up.
  7.    #387  
    I uninstalled this as I'm getting unusual battery drain with wifi on and am trying to isolate a cause.
    You can see if cdav might be the cause by running
    Code:
    ps aux | grep cdav
    from command line from time to time. This should give you no results (or only the grep command, this is a bit random), at least not something called service.

Another way to see if cdav is the cause is to monitor the size of the file /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.org.log (or similar). If it grows all the time and is multiple MB in size, then something is wrong.

I notice Calendario2241 is not mentioned in the instructions. The informational card is largely empty. There are upgrades for earlier versions, the contacts patch and the app. There is even a .json file for another patch. What is Calendario doing (Calendar I/O)? Is it needed? I think I had it before.
    No, calendario is currently not needed. It was a try to improve the webos buildin vcalendar support and drop my own implementation. But it has some serious issues and some things might break EAS support, so I stopped pursuing this idea for the time being.

I opened the accounts app and entered my password. I then got a few minutes of spinner, then '[red]unknown error[/red]. There is detail, which is,

Note: I suspect I didn't remove the original installation properly as the account came up to remove it or change settings - I used the second option to put the password in (password hasn't changed)
    You are working with a Google account? Then this won't work... the error message puzzles me a bit (sounds a bit like the service is not working at all), but for google you can't enter the password in the calendar or accounts app in webOS 2.x. This is broken there. You can use the c+dav app, select the Google account from the dropdown and then tap the refresh token button.
    If the account does not show up in the c+dav app at all, please delete the account from the accounts app and create a new one.

Though Google is set to 'calendar', the calendar app only has the HPwebOS account available.
    This just means, that sync did not yet work...

I've tried pressing buttons like 'Discovery', but I'm basically getting spinner...
    Hm.. then something is not working. Can you send me a log?
    It sounds a bit like the service is not working at all on your device, currently... strange.
    I don't use EAS & as noted before used the C+DAV without issue for several months, but I have uninstalled calendario224.

I removed the Google account in the Accounts app.

There is no account registered in the C+DAV app & no option to add one that I see. I must have added a calendar account prior to usingC+DAV, so I tried the calendar app.

No go. I see the Google permission page, then a code is presented (Gcal 2-factor is off), but immediately covered by the create account card. When pressed, there is a spinner on the create button, but it hangs until dismissed.

C+DAV google appears as an entry in calendar accounts, but not as an option in the actual calendar view. Google registers my access attempts. The account isn't registered in the C+DAV app, so I can't try 'Regain token'.

I suspect some kind of token problem or maybe I'm trying to recreate an account that wasn't properly removed. I'll try the clean up instructions and send a log if that doesn't work.

I'm trying to remember why 2FA isn't supported. Is it technical or just not in the app? We have Oauth support and an OTA app...

Also: http://preware.pivotce.com/package/com.gregstoll.gauth
  9.    #389  
    There is no account registered in the C+DAV app & no option to add one that I see. I must have added a calendar account prior to using C+DAV, so I tried the calendar app.

No go. I see the Google permission page, then a code is presented (Gcal 2-factor is off), but immediately covered by the create account card. When pressed, there is a spinner on the create button, but it hangs until dismissed.
    Hm.. Ok. Then something with account creation must be broken, please send me a log. Clean up will not really change something for that kind of issue, I fear.

I'm trying to remember why 2FA isn't supported. Is it technical or just not in the app? We have Oauth support and an OTA app...
    Two factor works find for me. It should also not be related to your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    ... But it has some serious issues and some things might break EAS support, so I stopped pursuing this idea for the time being.
    EAS support?!! What is this wizardry you speak of?? 8)
    EAS support?!! What is this wizardry you speak of?? 8)
    Legacy has support for Exchange Active Sync, since this is licensed from MS and paid for it was removed from Open webOS and therefore also LuneOS.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Legacy has support for Exchange Active Sync, since this is licensed from MS and paid for it was removed from Open webOS and therefore also LuneOS.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    But, but, he said... :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    But, but, he said... :'(
    So the patch mentioned above might interfere with EAS support on my legacy Pre3, but (my guess is) no patches are required on LuneOS and there is no EAS support, so no problem (unless you want to use EAS!)

Makes sense to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    This is a synergy plugin compatible with Caldav and Carddav for calendar and contact sync. Can be used with a lot of servers like Google, Yahoo, Owncloud, iCloud, ... The main target of this connector was LuneOS. But it works for legacy webOS, too. I actively develop on it and use it every day to sync two Touchpads, a Veer and a Pre3 with my owncloud server.
    Currently it is the only option for Google calendar sync.

But additionally you will support LuneOS development by using this and reporting back errors.

For and files instructions please read here: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

The IPKs will install additional synergy accounts, i.e. your old accounts are not affected in any way. Also you need to configure new account for every service. If you do not disable the old accounts manually, you'll have duplicates of all events and contacts (contacts will be merged by contactlinker, though). This can be interesting for a few first tests. For more information, please read here: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

Please make sure that you do NOT have the patch Sync fix for stable upload installed. If you have it installed, please UNINSTALL it. From looking at the patch, it does not make upsync more stable. But it causes an endless sync loop if the connector uses the postPutModify function of the framework, what the c+dav connector needs to do.

In order to get escaping of special chars right in legacy webOS a patch is necessary, find them here. This patch will conflict with the vcard-export patch in Preware. This is ok, remove the old one, it is included in this patch. If you do not include this patch, you will get strange characters in some contact data and upsync of contacts might fail.

For Veers not running 2.2.4 and Pre+ that never got 2.2.4, please read on:
    2.1.0, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 are not directly supported. The issue is that the mojo-transport-sync framework that we use is broken for 3rd party apps on this webOS versions. I created a patch to get this framework to the 2.2.4 version, which you can find here. With this patch, those work, too. But be aware that this patch might have effects on other synergy connectors on your device!
    Sadly we can not support webOS 1.4.5 or even older versions at all, because they are VERY different with regard to synergy than webOS 2.x.

"Tweaks calendar and contacts sync frequency"-Patch:
    I attached a modified json file for that patch here and added it to the Drobpox folder. That json file adds support for the C+Dav service, too. No need to change the patch itself (so install the patch from Preware, if you want to). To install the modified json, download the file, change file ending to json, copy to device into folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/ - replace the file that is already there.
    The patch and C+Dav are not 100% compatible. The issue is that C+Dav always syncs contacts and calendar together. So there is only one sync interval and only one settings for battery and wifi possible. For that reason C+Dav will only show up in calendar and not in contacts. What you set there will also affect contacts sync.

For a change log see here.

Newest version of IPKs and all patches can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lr663pjl8...4uTwJAOja?dl=0

Error reporting:
    If you run into errors, please save the log fine in /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log and Email it to me ( garfonso at mobo.info ). Please add a useful description of your issue and make sure the log captures the issue (if a certain contact / event is affected, make some changes to the event / contact and trigger a sync from the C+Dav app. When the sync is finished, send the log my way for example using Internalz). Logs are deleted on every service restart in order to keep them small. The service only runs on demand, which means it will be probably restarted periodically every ~20min or if you change some contact/event. So save the log ASAP, when you run into an issue.
    Also keep in mind that the log contains personal data. If you are not fine with that, please try to reproduce your issue with artificial data and capture a log from that.
    Your calDAV patch works very nicely (it took me a couple minutes to figure it out, but that is me, not you). I had contemplated switching my 4G tablet to Android; on trying this, the tablet saw my SIM but not the data link (no bars in a known-good spot). Add to this, somewhere I lost my WebOS installation, had to reinstall without activation, and of course, could not connect in usual way to Google, even with the GSYNC patch. A loss of google calendar (but I could do that OK in the web browser); a loss of contacts -- OMG! Found the reference to your calDAV/cardDAV patch at PivotCE, got it down, buddabing!, I am fully functional.

I am contemplating going back to my Pre (I have a Galaxy Alpha phone for compatibility with my wife, but I find it bothers me. And if the market goes up, maybe I'll get her a Pre, too.

Thanked and Liked. And patted on the back.
    I always get this mistake pre3 myself. Maybe solved?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

Solucionado.
    Last edited by joshua764; 10/05/2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Hi,

I'm looking for clarification on the current best choices for using Google accounts in this post: webOS service pack?

Feel free to correct any errors.
    I don't have the conflicting patches installed, but I seem to get this in the logs after closing the Contacts app:

2015-12-09T09:03:42.820373Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonAsyncDecorator for undefined items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.821502Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonImStatusAsyncDecorator for 10 items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.821624Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling DBWatcher., palmcontactsVersion1_0:114
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.821838Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonPhotoAsyncDecorator for undefined items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.840362Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonAsyncDecorator for undefined items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.840606Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonImStatusAsyncDecorator for 3 items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.840698Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling DBWatcher., palmcontactsVersion1_0:114
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.840759Z [30987] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cancelling PersonPhotoAsyncDecorator for undefined items., palmInitFramework2112:14
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.912200Z [30987] webos-device user.crit PmNetConfigManager: {netcfg.mgr}: Sending Subscription Reply HBus(0x119490): {"isInternetConnectionAvailable":true,"wifi":{"state":"disconnected"},"wan":{"state":"connected","ip Address":"26.211.113.152","interfaceName":"rmnet0","network":"hsdpa","networkConfidenceLevel":"excel lent","onInternet":"yes"},"vpn":{"state":"disconnected"},"bridge":{"state":"disconnected"}}
    2015-12-09T09:03:42.912292Z [30987] webos-device user.crit PmNetConfigManager: {netcfg.mgr}: Sending Subscription Reply HBus(0x118f50): {"isInternetConnectionAvailable":true,"wifi":{"state":"disconnected"},"wan":{"state":"connected","ip Address":"26.211.113.152","interfaceName":"rmnet0","network":"hsdpa","networkConfidenceLevel":"excel lent","onInternet":"yes"},"vpn":{"state":"disconnected"},"bridge":{"state":"disconnected"}}
    2015-12-09T09:03:43.310760Z [30987] webos-device user.info pubsubservice: [connectOrSwitchConnections: 874]: We had some connection err in the past. So nop.
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.478637Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561004Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561126Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561218Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561279Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561340Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561401Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561462Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561523Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561584Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561645Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561706Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561767Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561828Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    2015-12-09T09:03:44.561981Z [30989] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier, :1
    Seems to be in contacts.ui framework. It might just be some ID in a table somewhere with missing corresponding data, but it fills the logs with the Unexpected identifier....
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I did some playing around. It seemed related to a SIM contacts account and I think I resolved it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I posted this in another thread...had forgotten about this one!

Calendar was working for ages, was using C+DAV Connector to sync on both my Pre3's and my TP. Also Certificate Grabber often. However a few weeks ago my events entered on my daily driver Pre3 stopped syncing to my Google Calendar. What could have changed? Why did it stop working? Any advice appreciated. I can send logs (to Garfonso?), but need to be reminded of how to do that...

Edit/more info:
    When I run C+DAV sync app, the "Regan OAuth Token" button is grayed out. When I check status and start sync, it apparently runs fine and comes back with "Sync came back with result: ("returnValue":true,"success":true,"calendar";{"returnValue":true),"contacts":{"returnValue:true} } Which I think means that it supposedly worked. However neither contacts or events are updating on my Google account..
    Last edited by Wocketman; 11/25/2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Can you confirm that your google account is still the default calendar account and that your new events are on your local google calendar and not your Palm Profile account? Also what version of the connector is installed? Can you confirm it's the latest? A few versions ago Garfonso created a separate log file in /media/internal for the connector to write to.