Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
  1.    #341  
    Facebook does not have an open caldav or carddav server that I know of. I searched quite some time for that.

The way that Palm/HP used seems to be exclusive to them. You can extract the API key they used from a file in /usr/palm somewhere (forgot which file and forgot a bit about what was to be done, but it was possible). Not sure when Facebook will shutdown that API... though. Also I don't have any documentation for that API, so it would be reverse engineering, which I don't like to do too much.

But there are other ways. The easiest way to get Facebook events is to export them to google (they were read only with the old account, anyway): https://www.facebook.com/help/152652248136178
    This will sync your events into a Google calendar which you then can sync to device using C+dav. It will be an extra calendar and you can assign a color for it and so on. I am actually using this to sync my facebook calendar to my device, again.

Contacts might be more complicated. I saw, that when you use Facebook Chat via XMPP it can also sync down contacts. At least what is necessary for chatting, not sure if other fields are filled, too. There was a way to redirect the google-talk XMPP client on the devices to Facebook somehow. Or maybe also the chatplugins work for this, too. That might sync you facebook contacts. But I haven't tried that, yet.

For a device not syncing: Just run a manual sync from the C+dav, calendar or contacts app, that should get it back on track, again. For google, maybe at some point, you'll need to regain the oauth tokens (there is a button in the app for that, on the TP that works from Accounts app, press change password button for the account). Not sure if that is meant to happen. But if it syncs regularly I did not see this happen before. Just had one person that lost the auth tokens reqularly so I added that button in the mojo app, because the old accounts app can't handle custom validator for change credentials.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Contacts might be more complicated. I saw, that when you use Facebook Chat via XMPP it can also sync down contacts. At least what is necessary for chatting, not sure if other fields are filled, too.
    Only name and photo, as far as my experience goes. But then you get FB chat for free

Unfortunately, getting XMPP to run on 2.2.4 may be tricky; I haven't succeed with neither old (Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)) nor new (Synergy Messaging Plugins for the Touchpad) plugins, though some claim they got it working.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    Sadly all the old events that were created or changed on webOS, you'll have to change this for every event, if that is really necessary.
    Usually it should only be an issue for recurring events. Not? Or does it just annoy you to read the foreign timezone in Google?

@abcama:
    0.3.26 should fix the issue that Grabber 5.0 reported and is probably a good idea to switch to (I did that for my devices already). Your issue seems strange, though... hm. Did you try to reboot the TP? As you might know the calendar is one of the apps that always runs, even if you close all windows. So a restart might help it? Or you could try if you see something in the system log (for example using Lumberjack).
    If that does not show something, I'd probably need a dump of your calendar DB. Best would be to send me an e-mail for that issue again, if it is not solved by other means.
    Hi Garfonso,
    Thanks for your reply, I've been out for a while, hence I read it only today...
    Indeed, I rebooted the TouchPad but it didn't help. Strangely enough, I can't see the events in the calendar, but they pop-up when I included an alarm, and when they pop-up, they show the info as I entered them. So it means they are in the calendar, but just don't show in the days (whatever the view is: day, week or month).

I don't know what you mean by Lumberjack... Sorry I'm really a dummy...

And (because I'm a dummy!) I don't really understand how to proceed to update to 0.3.26... Can you help?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by abcama View Post
    Hi Garfonso,
    Thanks for your reply, I've been out for a while, hence I read it only today...
    Indeed, I rebooted the TouchPad but it didn't help. Strangely enough, I can't see the events in the calendar, but they pop-up when I included an alarm, and when they pop-up, they show the info as I entered them. So it means they are in the calendar, but just don't show in the days (whatever the view is: day, week or month).

I don't know what you mean by Lumberjack... Sorry I'm really a dummy...

And (because I'm a dummy!) I don't really understand how to proceed to update to 0.3.26... Can you help?
    Thanks!
    Have you checked the calenders are switched on to show in Calendar View Options?

Lumberjack is in Preware and is used for... logging!
    Hi Preemptive,
    Yes Calendar View is on. And I can see all events that I had entered before 3 weeks ago. Only new ones don't show. Even when "view all" is on, these don't show...
    I tried to download/install Lumberjack (being in developer mode), and I keep getting the following error:
    Unable to rin command:/usr/bin/curl -s -l --user -agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-..._0.5.0_arm.ipk 2>&1 curl: (6) Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.net (Timeout while contacting DNS servers).
    Does that mean anything to you?
    Thanks!
  6.    #346  
    That message means your device did not have a working internet connection at that time. :-/

To install the new ipk: Copy the ipk to the USB partition, start Preware, select "install package" from the menu, select the ipk that you copied before, and then hit install and wait a little (or a little longer ).

BTW: I noticed that the service never quits, if you run the C+Dav app once.. urgs... not really sure why that is. :-(
    So people should be careful with the app right now. It does not really do malice if the service never quits. The worst thing probably is that the logfile in the USB partition keeps on growing and can reach ~100MB after a few days of periodic syncs for two or three accounts... that's how I noticed. Also it will be there in the background consuming some memory all the time. Not that good, either. (On the other hand there are no big hickups to the device, when sync is started ).
    First of all, great work. the C+Dav connector is the main reason why i am still sticking to my pre3,
    without it i would not be able to use it any more, i really need my calendar, including the shared google Calendar which i use together with my wife. I use 2 x pre3 and everything works fine.
    Now i upgraded the Veer and this is where the problem jumps in.
    Hope 2 find some help here from you.

I just upgraded a VEER for my wife to the webOS 2.2.4 right before the server shutdown.
    I installed the 2.2.4 from herrie, right from the forum here:
    Veer to 2.2.4 help

Now i want to get the C+Dav Connector running.
    Installation runs fine, but i get some java sync error.
    unfortunately i cannot read it completely, because of the small display of the veer.
    Account creation went fine, but the connector does not connect

Here is what i found out:
    -Check Status:
    All Statistics: 0 contacts, 0 calendars, 0 events
    Start Sync Button brings me a long error message ( i will try to post it in the end)

-Do Auto Discovery
    hangs, does not run

-Trigger slow sync
    result {"returnValue":true,"success":true}

-Start Sync brings me the same error message as above

I guess something is wrong with the java framework, maybe i have to upgrade or downgrade it?

Any ideas what i can do?

ERROR CODE:
    /...at Future._maybeDispatch (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javasrcipt/control/future.jsjsjs:$300$:$17$)\$n$ $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ... $again$ $same$ $path$: $future$.$js$:$246$:$9$)\$n$ $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$type$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$noh_object_property_load$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$arbuments$&$quot$;:[&$quot$;$cleintId$&$quot$;,$null$]}}

To install the new ipk: Copy the ipk to the USB partition, start Preware, select "install package" from the menu, select the ipk that you copied before, and then hit install and wait a little (or a little longer )
    Hi Garfonso,
    I've installed the package... and it went well, except that now I can't see any event in the calendar, all seem to have gone! I'm really sad as I lost the calendar use on TP.

Any idea why this happened? The very first time I had used your solution was so good...

Let me give some more info: when running C+Dav Application, I see the "Number of events: 387" (and "Number of calendars: 3"). When I Start Sync, it synchronizes and I have a green info "Method success: {"returnValue":true,"success":true,"calendar":{"returnValue":true}}

Please help again, thanks!
    Last edited by abcama; 03/17/2015 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Additional infos

Let me give some more info: when running C+Dav Application, I see the "Number of events: 387" (and "Number of calendars: 3"). When I Start Sync, it synchronizes and I have a green info "Method success: {"returnValue":true,"success":true,"calendar":{"returnValue":true}}
    Note: Garfonso, I emailed you the log file from Lumberjack for you to understand better what happens.
    Back to my own post further up:
    Ok i found out by myself, maybe it is of interest for somebody:
    I installed the JSJSJS $Homebrew$ $framework$ $because$ $i$ $installed$ $Internalz$ $Pro$.
    Next morning everything was synced fine.
    Maybe this post helps somebody else!
    I just installed the connector from C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports on my Pre 3 and hooked up to my iCloud account. The downsync went perfectly!

However, when I try to create a new event, it shows up briefly on my calendar and then disappears.

Below is the end of my log. I notice something about "no capability in args"... does that mean upsync isn't enabled for iCloud?

I'm willing to be a guinea pig if you want someone to test this stuff out. My iCloud calendar has nothing useful in it (yet) so it's okay if it gets trashed.

Thanks!

**************************SyncAssistant:getRemoteMatches*****************************
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Sync came back: {}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-Completing activity sync_0
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): No upsync for calendar, no SyncOnEdit activity
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Sync came back:{"returnValue":true}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Processing capabilities done.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): All syncs done, returning.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-Completing activity ActivityManager activity18201
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Not creating sync-on-edit activities, because no capability in args: {"$activity":{"activityId":18201,"callback":{"serial":1809968377},"creator":{"serviceId":"org.webosp orts.cdav.service"},"name":"Periodic Syncrg.webosports.cdav.service:++BLAH+","requirements":{"internetConfidence":"excellent"}},"accountId":" ++BLAH+"}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Activity SyncOnEditrg.webosports.cdav.service:++BLAH+:calendarevent Start result: {"activityId":18241,"returnValue":true}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): All sync on edit creation came back.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-complete(): skipping creating of sync activities
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Complete came back.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Not periodic sync. Completing activity
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Complete succeeded, result = {"returnValue":true}
    Something got messed up with my contacts while testing org.webosports.cdav_0.3.27_all_upsync. Some of my contacts were synced, but they're all duplicate now. I have a recent backup of my Google address book, so no fear of radical measures.
    Is there a way to cleanup the local address book so I could start from scratch? I tried How do I delete all contacts and start over? but this only wiped my Skype contacts.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schuetz View Post
    Something got messed up with my contacts while testing org.webosports.cdav_0.3.27_all_upsync. Some of my contacts were synced, but they're all duplicate now. I have a recent backup of my Google address book, so no fear of radical measures.
    Is there a way to cleanup the local address book so I could start from scratch? I tried How do I delete all contacts and start over? but this only wiped my Skype contacts.
    Did you remove your old Goolgle account?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Did you remove your old Goolgle account?
    Ah, no! I only deactivated sync. Now I removed the account, waited some minutes, rebooted, waited some more minutes. Contacts are still there...
    Just upgraded to upsync version 0.3.27 Multiple copies of recurring appointments with exceptions seems to be fixed :-)

But I found some funny behavior regarding all-day appointments. I wasn't able to create one; they do not appear on the device. I'm able to create regular duration appointments and have them upsync. If I change a regular appointment to all-day on the device, the change does not upsync to the server.

Although doing the reverse works: changing the appointment from fixed duration to all-day on server downsyncs successfully to the device.
    After re-entering my credentials in the connector, sync of calendar and contacts started by surprise. Duplicate contacts were still there, but that wasn't such of a problem.
    Some days later, the Google contacts had disappeared again, and I was left behind with those few duplicates (only a fraction of the address book). Yesterday, the addresses began to appear again, while they're gone once more this morning. Any idea how this can be made a little bit more trustworthy again?
    C+ DAV Service is not running until C+DAV Account Calendar settings is OFF (but I don't need Calendar Sync)
  18.    #358  
    (Sorry for the long absence, have been on vacation and had some family business to care for)

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    C+ DAV Service is not running until C+DAV Account Calendar settings is OFF (but I don't need Calendar Sync)
    That should not be the case. Calendar sync works fine for me... so I'm a bit puzzled by this post. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Just upgraded to upsync version 0.3.27 Multiple copies of recurring appointments with exceptions seems to be fixed :-)

But I found some funny behavior regarding all-day appointments. I wasn't able to create one; they do not appear on the device. I'm able to create regular duration appointments and have them upsync. If I change a regular appointment to all-day on the device, the change does not upsync to the server.

Although doing the reverse works: changing the appointment from fixed duration to all-day on server downsyncs successfully to the device.
    Which devices and server is that? I can't reproduce it. Works for me. Please provide more information and possibly a log.

Quote Originally Posted by emmu View Post
    I just installed the connector from C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports on my Pre 3 and hooked up to my iCloud account. The downsync went perfectly!

However, when I try to create a new event, it shows up briefly on my calendar and then disappears.

Below is the end of my log. I notice something about "no capability in args"... does that mean upsync isn't enabled for iCloud?

I'm willing to be a guinea pig if you want someone to test this stuff out. My iCloud calendar has nothing useful in it (yet) so it's okay if it gets trashed.

Thanks!

**************************SyncAssistant:getRemoteMatches*****************************
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Sync came back: {}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-Completing activity sync_0
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): No upsync for calendar, no SyncOnEdit activity
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Sync came back:{"returnValue":true}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Processing capabilities done.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): All syncs done, returning.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-Completing activity ActivityManager activity18201
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Not creating sync-on-edit activities, because no capability in args: {"$activity":{"activityId":18201,"callback":{"serial":1809968377},"creator":{"serviceId":"org.webosp orts.cdav.service"},"name":"Periodic Syncrg.webosports.cdav.service:++BLAH+","requirements":{"internetConfidence":"excellent"}},"accountId":" ++BLAH+"}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Activity SyncOnEditrg.webosports.cdav.service:++BLAH+:calendarevent Start result: {"activityId":18241,"returnValue":true}
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): All sync on edit creation came back.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): CDav-complete(): skipping creating of sync activities
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Complete came back.
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Not periodic sync. Completing activity
    Sat Mar 21 2015 13:30:25 GMT-0700 (PDT): Complete succeeded, result = {"returnValue":true}
    No, upsync is enabled. The message.... uhm.. maybe I should get rid of it. It is a bit complicated, but that the message appears means that calendarevents have upsync enabled.

Also what you see means that upsync is fine and also the activity fires. But it seems that the server deletes the event right away (maybe, because there is something in it that it can not accept). If you could send me a log file of such a sync, i.e. add an event on device, wait for it to get deleted and after that send me the file /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log
    A good way for that is Internalz Pro, but you have to activate "show hidden files" in the options to see the log.

Hi Garfonso,
    I've installed the package... and it went well, except that now I can't see any event in the calendar, all seem to have gone! I'm really sad as I lost the calendar use on TP.

Any idea why this happened? The very first time I had used your solution was so good...

Please help again, thanks!
    Sadly the log that you send me did not gave me information about the issue.
    Can you get me a log from the calendar app? Preferably after a reboot, then open the calendar app and select "retrieve log" in lumberjack for the calendar app and e-mail me that. Maybe I can find something there...

But probably your best chance to get a working calendar again is to do this steps and start over: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports (you can skip the uninstall step)

After re-entering my credentials in the connector, sync of calendar and contacts started by surprise. Duplicate contacts were still there, but that wasn't such of a problem.
    Some days later, the Google contacts had disappeared again, and I was left behind with those few duplicates (only a fraction of the address book). Yesterday, the addresses began to appear again, while they're gone once more this morning. Any idea how this can be made a little bit more trustworthy again?
    First, to get rid of the duplicates, you could try to disable contacts in the account app for your C+dav google account. This should delete all contacts belonging to the account. If the duplicates still remain, then they somehow lost their association with an account and I recommend doing the clean up procedure and start over fresh:
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

Not sure why the sync is so unstable for you... It seems to happen sometimes that the connector can not find the contact folder on the server and thinks that it is gone and deletes all contacts & the folder. On the next sync it finds it again and adds everything... could you also send me the log file from the service (see in the wiki). Preferably when you notice that the contacts are gone missing and before they start to be filled again.
    First, to get rid of the duplicates, you could try to disable contacts in the account app for your C+dav google account. This should delete all contacts belonging to the account. If the duplicates still remain, then they somehow lost their association with an account and I recommend doing the clean up procedure and start over fresh:
    I tried these procedures, but they only removed the "good" contacts. The zombie ones are still there. I can't even delete them one by one. Choosing "Delete from all profiles" only brings me back to an unaltered contact list. Any other ideas, apart from a full erase?
    (Sorry for the long absence, have been on vacation and had some family business to care for)

That should not be the case. Calendar sync works fine for me... so I'm a bit puzzled by this post. :-/

Which devices and server is that? I can't reproduce it. Works for me. Please provide more information and possibly a log.

No, upsync is enabled. The message.... uhm.. maybe I should get rid of it. It is a bit complicated, but that the message appears means that calendarevents have upsync enabled.

Also what you see means that upsync is fine and also the activity fires. But it seems that the server deletes the event right away (maybe, because there is something in it that it can not accept). If you could send me a log file of such a sync, i.e. add an event on device, wait for it to get deleted and after that send me the file /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log
    A good way for that is Internalz Pro, but you have to activate "show hidden files" in the options to see the log.

Sadly the log that you send me did not gave me information about the issue.
    Can you get me a log from the calendar app? Preferably after a reboot, then open the calendar app and select "retrieve log" in lumberjack for the calendar app and e-mail me that. Maybe I can find something there...

But probably your best chance to get a working calendar again is to do this steps and start over: C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports (you can skip the uninstall step)

Not sure why the sync is so unstable for you... It seems to happen sometimes that the connector can not find the contact folder on the server and thinks that it is gone and deletes all contacts & the folder. On the next sync it finds it again and adds everything... could you also send me the log file from the service (see in the wiki). Preferably when you notice that the contacts are gone missing and before they start to be filled again.
    First of all thank you for your good work.
    Unfortunately since 1-2 weeks i have an issue with the calendar sync.
    We have a TP, the Veer (on 2.2.4) of my wife, plus my business Pre3 and my private Pre3.
    We have a common Google calendar account, plus three shared google accounts which are all three visible in this common calendar account.
    First everything went fine but then suddenly my wifes calendar events were deleted on her veer overnight.
    The events were still in my pre3 calendar though. So i reinstalled C+dav and upgraded it to the latest version. It started resync and everything was fine again. Some days later all the appointments were gone again. This time completely, also from the online account of google. I recovered the appointments online. So in the online google calendar everything is fine now, but on the veer it does not sync my wifes calendar anymore, even though it is a sub calendar of our common calendar, which itself is synced correctly. I invited my brother to join our calendar, which also worked fine, so we can now see his calendar on all our devices. At that point i noticed that MY calendar was only in my Pre3 and not upsyncing correctly anymore. Now my brothers calendar arrives on all devices, same for the common calendar. but my calendar and my wifes calendar is not syncing on any device anymore.
    Any ideas?
    BTW before i had an issue with permanent rebooting on my pre3s only which was caused by the LTE Connection changes of Vodafone, turned it over to use 2G only, no more problems since then. On the other hand maybe it could have damaged the calendar?