Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Can you have a look in the statistics view of the app, how many contacts it lists there? (Those numbers are not updated during a sync, somehow the db watches never fie. ). Or you can use impostah to have a look in the org.webosports.cdav.contact:1 db.
    Interesting. Statistics say "Number of contacts: 2" and I just happened to see status during contacts sync. It's
    Code:
    Sync for contacts is running.
    No downloads
    Downloading 11 of 278
    and it seems to rest on 11 for quite some time. (Osobista książka adresowa is Personal addressbook -- server-side name).

Oh. It just switched to 12, so there's no timeout. But it took ages. BTW, some contacts have photos, but it still seems too long -- photos are usually small and I'm on wifi now.

As for impostah -- there are two entries, with rather cryptic names and content, but deep inside I found my two synchronized contacts (uncle and garage, that is) details.

If there is a bigger number of contacts in that db you should control your logs and see if maybe the contact linker crashes.
    This can be caused by faulty contacts, I have seen that myself... ylu should really check the logs, because in the worst case activityManager and contacts linker go into an endless loop and will drain your battery fast.
    No, it seems OK. The number is two and I haven't noticed battery drain during the last few hours.

In any case, I'd be interested in that log file.
    Sure, I'll send you details via PM soon. I just wait for this sync to finish/fail, in order to get one clean session isolated. It may take some time, as it is "Downloading 14" now.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
  2.    #322  
    Hm.. I saw something similar happen once, when a Google account somehow got the wrong config and thought synced the calendar from the contacts folder... it downloaded a lot of stuff just to recognize that it can't parse that stuff into events. Could you have a look in the db kind org.webosports.cdav.account:1, there should be one object per account, you can distignuish them by the "name" property. The objects have a "contact" and "calendarevent" property with the property "homeFolder", can you have a look if they make sense to you?

Or I'll just wait patiently for the log...

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I imagine repeatedly jumping data from one system to another might mangle things a bit, but maybe the vcf format has been fairly stable and well-adhered to.
    Nope. It isn't. Especially because there are quite some versions of it and they are similar but not 100% compatible. webOS "speaks" VCard version 3.0 and can, to some extend, understand version 2.0. But there already is version 4 out there.
    Hi,

I have a question concerning the new "status" information.

On my Pre3 I see
    Sync is not running.
    No downloads
    No uploads

but on the TP the three fields are just empty.

Feature, because it will show only a status when it is running?

I use 0.3.21 on both

Other than this minor thing everything works line a charm with my owncloud! Thanks

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  4.    #324  
    There is a new version (0.3.23) that improves this status display a lot. Also it updates the numbers now after a sync (db watches still don't fire for me, don't know why ).

I should again try to get this into Preware somehow... hm... not sure how.
    HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Could you have a look in the db kind org.webosports.cdav.account:1, there should be one object per account, you can distignuish them by the "name" property. The objects have a "contact" and "calendarevent" property with the property "homeFolder", can you have a look if they make sense to you?
    Hm, don't see such db, I have org.webosports.cdav.account.calendar:1, o.w.c.account.config:1, o.w.c.account.contacts:1, o.w.c.calendar:1, o.w.c.calendarevent:1, o.w.c.contact:1 and o.w.c.contactset:1. o.w.c.account.config:1 has one entry, that has calendarevent and contact objects, and their homeFolder properties look reasonable (https://server/SOGo/dav/username/Calendar/ and https://server/SOGo/dav/username/Contacts/ respectively).

Or I'll just wait patiently for the log...
    Sorry. I've fallen asleep at "Downloading 18", and then there was morning (still "18") and work :/ At work it syncs quite fast, maybe something about my home wifi. Logs (just after reboot) are gathered, packed and placed on the web, await PM with location
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    I just installed 0.3.23 upsync over 0.3.19, also upsync, on my pre2 running 2.1.1. Everything seems to work except I am getting multiple instances of recurring appointments. This happened in both versions.

The appointment is from my wife's google calendar that she has shared with me. The appointment appears fine online, as well as in a Mac OS X calendar client.

I checked /var/log/messages, but there is nothing there concerning cdav (cat /var/log/messages | grep cdav).

I was under the impression that this bug was fixed in recent versions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi,

I think I have a problem again, that I thought was fixed before:
    When I try to change an event in the middle of a recurring list (i.e. a date every Tuesday) to a differnt date, it does not work. I move the selected date to a different day, select "This event only", but it stays where it was. No matter, if I try it on the TP or on the Pre3.

Or am I imagining that this worked before?

This is with owncloud 7.0.4, if that is important.
    C+DAV 0.3.23

EDIT: as a workaround: deleting one entry works, so I created one new entry and deleted one from my recurring list to achieve what I wanted.

Cheers,
    UW
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 03/03/2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added delete info
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    I think I have a problem again, that I thought was fixed before:
    When I try to change an event in the middle of a recurring list (i.e. a date every Tuesday) to a differnt date, it does not work. I move the selected date to a different day, select "This event only", but it stays where it was. No matter, if I try it on the TP or on the Pre3.

Or am I imagining that this worked before?

This is with owncloud 7.0.4, if that is important.
    C+DAV 0.3.23

EDIT: as a workaround: deleting one entry works, so I created one new entry and deleted one from my recurring list to achieve what I wanted.

Cheers,
    UW
    What means "does not work"? Doesn't the calendar app allow the change or the change gets overwritten immediately? Or it is not reflected on owncloud?
    Hm.. ok.. I just saw this happening. Yes, this was broken by a recent change. Let's see if I can release a 0.3.24 soon with this fixed. EDIT: ok, done. 0.3.24 should solve this issue.

But exceptions still suffer from a timezone issue. So exceptions might not always work or are gone after a sync, especially if server and client are in different timezones.

Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    I just installed 0.3.23 upsync over 0.3.19, also upsync, on my pre2 running 2.1.1. Everything seems to work except I am getting multiple instances of recurring appointments. This happened in both versions.

The appointment is from my wife's google calendar that she has shared with me. The appointment appears fine online, as well as in a Mac OS X calendar client.

I checked /var/log/messages, but there is nothing there concerning cdav (cat /var/log/messages | grep cdav).

I was under the impression that this bug was fixed in recent versions?
    That bug was never fixed, because I didn't know we have that... also I can not reproduce that here. At least not with your description. There must be something special about that event.

Can you have a look if there is a file /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log and see if there is something in there? It would be great to get a log file where that event is downloaded from the server. If you are allowed to change the event on server side and then trigger a sync on device, that should give us quite a good chance to capture that event and then maybe I can see what is happening if you send me that log.

BTW: Why do you ron 2.1.1 on your Pre2? Wasn't there a 2.2.4 update for the Pre2? Or was that only for a few?
    (2.1.1 is quite different in some regards, I hope this is not a 2.1.1 issue).
    Last edited by Garfonso; 03/03/2015 at 11:31 AM.
    What means "does not work"? Doesn't the calendar app allow the change or the change gets overwritten immediately? Or it is not reflected on owncloud?
    Hm.. ok.. I just saw this happening. Yes, this was broken by a recent change. Let's see if I can release a 0.3.24 soon with this fixed. EDIT: ok, done. 0.3.24 should solve this issue.

But exceptions still suffer from a timezone issue. So exceptions might not always work or are gone after a sync, especially if server and client are in different timezones.
    Hi,

as you seem to have found out yourself "does not work" meant, that the change in the calender app got overwritten as soon as the sync was done. The change never made it to the owncloud.

I'll try 0.3.24 and give feedback!

EDIT Fixed! Thanks for that quick fix Garfonso.

Cheers,
    UW
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 03/03/2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: feedback
    Can you have a look if there is a file /media/internal/.org.webosports.cdav.service.log and see if there is something in there? It would be great to get a log file where that event is downloaded from the server. If you are allowed to change the event on server side and then trigger a sync on device, that should give us quite a good chance to capture that event and then maybe I can see what is happening if you send me that log.

BTW: Why do you ron 2.1.1 on your Pre2? Wasn't there a 2.2.4 update for the Pre2? Or was that only for a few?
    (2.1.1 is quite different in some regards, I hope this is not a 2.1.1 issue).
    CDAV keeps its own log? Cool! I had a look but nothing jumps out at me; the dates appear to be from when the sync in question occured. I have attached it as well, renaming the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #331  
    Yes, the log only shows a sync without changes on device or server.
    So, if possible, it would be great if you could modify a problematic event on the server (for example just add a . to the note field, that's what I always do in those cases) and then trigger a sync on device (I recommend using the c+dav app, because then you'll see when it is finished, but "sync now" in the calendar app app menu is fine, too) and send me the log of that sync.
    Probably do that via e-mail ( garfonso@mobo.info ), because it will contain the event for everyone to read. If you don't want to have that in public.

Also, the reason for no syncs happening could be either your device was not confident about your network connection or the activities for periodic and/or sync on local changes got lost. Sometimes this does happen, not sure why... the activities are restored after a manual sync.

Also, too make sure it is not just a display bug, you could have a look with impostah in databases => calendarevent:1, there will be a list of all events in the db (from all accounts). You should be able to spot that many duplicates of the one event easily in the list. It might also be interesting comparing the remoteId and uid fields of some of those duplicates. Not sure what to expect here... for the same event they should be identical. (But then the events should not get duplicated in the first place...).
    I'm really not sure, right now, where that issue comes from... but if the duplicates have no or empty remoteId/uri/uid/etag fields it is save to delete them on device without the change propagating to the server. Otherwise I'll give you a command line that will clear all local events and download them again on next sync.
    I had a look in the database calendar event:1 and was able to find the event in question. it is listed there several times and in each case the remoteId and uid fields are populated and the same.

I'll try the test to modify the event on the server and then sync, but the event is not mine. It is on a calendar owned by my wife, so will need to involve her.
    Good news, wife was willing to cooperate Even better news is that the problem seems to have fixed itself with this test. CDAV is working fine and no need to investigate further on my behalf.

I had her modify the offending appointment slightly, and then update all future occurrences. Then I synced via CDAV app with the resulting screen below. All the updated occurrences appear as single events per day as they should.

Thanks very much for looking into this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #334  
    Great that your wife did cooperate. I hope that did not cause you trouble... I accidentally stumbled over a bug this night that can cause multiplication of events with recurrence and exceptions. I have a fix for that pending.

But I am currently deep in the internals of this beast fighting with timezones and recurrences and webOS oddities and things that it does subtly different than the outside world and daylight saving times... curse you daylight saving times.. My head hurts..

So, in the next update the issue will be fixed and you can be relieved even if it show up again (the new version should even get rid of superfluous duplicates). But I can't give an ETA. I hope it will be before my vacation, though.
  15.    #335  
    Ok. For people that feel brave there is now a 0.3.25 version in the drobpox. You can again just install that one over and do not need to re-create accounts or any other cleaning operations.

It fixes the bug with duplicate events for recurring events with exceptions. But the bigger change is that it now sets the event timezones correctly (till now it converted everything to UTC). This should solve some more subtle issues with recurring events, exceptions and especially daylight saving times.

During my work on this I recognized a bug in the webOS calendar app: It can not handle exceptions for events in foreign (i.e. not local and not UTC) timezones. Even if the calendar itself deletes or changes an occurrence of such an event (and no sync is involved at all) the original occurrence will still be shown in the calendar (which leads to duplicates for changes to occurrences).

Would be great to here from some of you how this works out. I tested this a lot, but there might still be issues and maybe somewhere else something broke.
    petbull and DamionMilliken like this.
    Hi,
    Since a few days, my TouchPad doesn't show anymore the new events I'm creating into the calendar (synchronized with C+DAV).
    In fact, creating a new event in the TouchPad's calendar doesn't show on the TouchPad, but it shows in Google calendar after sync. And new events created into Google calendar don't show into the TouchPad's one. Previous events still show in it.
    No problem with my Pre2, which means it is only a TouchPad issue. Do you have any idea why and how to solve it?
    I wanted to install your new 0.3.25 version, but I can't remember how to proceed - there are a number of files on the dropbox.
    I would really appreciate your help, so far I've been so pleased with your solution! Thanks.
    If you haven't already tried 0.3.25, I'd advise holding off. Recurring events are losing their end dates. I've sent logs and reported it to Garfonso, and I suspect he'll have it tackled pretty quickly. Other than that, I have seen no issues yet.
    I installed the new Version 0.3.26, because of the timezone issue-
    In the Google Calendar I can see the Time in a different timezone "(GMT+00:00) GMT (keine Sommerzeit)"

Do I have to change the timezone of every event or will that happen automatically.
  19.    #339  
    Sadly all the old events that were created or changed on webOS, you'll have to change this for every event, if that is really necessary.
    Usually it should only be an issue for recurring events. Not? Or does it just annoy you to read the foreign timezone in Google?

@abcama:
    0.3.26 should fix the issue that Grabber 5.0 reported and is probably a good idea to switch to (I did that for my devices already). Your issue seems strange, though... hm. Did you try to reboot the TP? As you might know the calendar is one of the apps that always runs, even if you close all windows. So a restart might help it? Or you could try if you see something in the system log (for example using Lumberjack).
    If that does not show something, I'd probably need a dump of your calendar DB. Best would be to send me an e-mail for that issue again, if it is not solved by other means.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am using the C+DAV Connector on a Touchpad, a Pre 3 and a Pre 2. I use it only for the calendar as contacts had problems on my devices. On the Touchpad it works great, as well on the Pre 3. On the Pre 2 it only fetched the calendar entries on the first sync, since then nothing happens. But as the Pre 2 is my backup phone I am not really worried.

My question is: As the Facebook login on our devices seems to be broken, is there a way to connect the Facebook contacts and events via CalDAV in the C+DAV connector? I dont need the status updates and all the other stuff, but contacts and events would be nice. For the everything else there is a browser...

Thank you and best regards!

Fred