Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Well, C+DAV downsync has been working quite well with my google calendar, and I'm thinking of moving to upsync. But I have a couple of questions about the instructions:

A) instructions say to back up data -- how is this done for the calendar entries that are not on my google account? I looked at Save/Restore app, but calendar is not listed.

Thanks!
    I think a backup of other calendar data than google is never wrong, but i think what he means is backing up google data (cause that is the one which is modified), which can be done in google web portal:
    * calendar: calendar - preferences - calendar (https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=wc#i) then below your calendars there is a link export calendars (into a accountname@gmail.com.ical.zip)
    * contacts: gmail - switch to contacts - more - export - csv or vcf
    adly we haven't found any method to backup calendar data of any calendar account on the webOS device so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    I was my understanding that Grabber5.0's 'gsync' patch is still required to use email and messaging for gmail accounts: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    So in my case I continue to use Google sync https fix patch for email and messaging alongside C+DAV for calendar and contacts, but be sure not to let those accounts overlap functionality in the accounts app.
    Yes i also have grabbers https fix for mailaccount and C+DAV for calendar (contacts is not @google in my case), works great in this setup.
    @garfonso
    is there a changelog for new version 0.3.19 i fouind here:
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

haven't found anything here so far:
    https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...ster/ChangeLog

btw. i still have those "and again nachher" issues on 0.3.18 (which is no wonder as it is the same version , but now I also experienced those multiplying full day event issues on my new device at the first full sync (and in the time after). They were growing +1 day (every resync?). But i know my first full sync broke in the middle as battery went empty
    So the first full sync continued well afterwards but those multiplying events occured after a time.

So i deleted account again, checked back in impostah to have all deleted, restarted device again and readded the account, this time on the touchstone, so first sync went through just waiting 1hour without pushing sync or disturbing it anyway. The good thing is those multiplying events never appeard again since then (6 days or so). Just a feedback, don't know if that is the solution to anybody else, but waiting with patience and a good connection could be crucial for the first sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    @garfonso
    is there a changelog for new version 0.3.19 i fouind here:
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports

haven't found anything here so far:
    https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...ster/ChangeLog
    Regarding 0.3.19 - It seems it has not been merged to master. I found something like a changelog in the commit to Garfonso/work branch: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...0e5add88d56821:

- fixed possible issue with contact pictures
    - fixed allday events get prolonged on sync
    - worked around issue with P0D alarm triggers in webOS
    - worked around issue where webOS creates alarms with trigger "none".
    Last edited by bbito; 01/12/2015 at 01:45 PM.
  5.    #285  
    Hi,

sorry for me being inactive on the forums (and on C+Dav) for such a long time. Finally I came around to check what is wrong....

Then I first have to apologize for the all day event issue, that in fact way my fault (and now you know why you all should have backups of your data ). All day events got extended by one day on device during up sync (which then would sync up, if you changed something else on the event again). That should be fixed in 0.3.19.

For the "and again nachher" issues I am not really responsible. First I fixed that webOS correctly understands what google is trying to tell it (i.e. they now would be "at start time" not something about undefined). Then I recognized that webOS is mean and adds alarms with trigger "none" for events without an alarm, those now get filtered (sorry to all the servers in the world that the c+dav connector bombed with this nonsense ). But both are were not the root causes of the issue.

It seems that the google calendar enforces it's reminder settings on poor events coming in via caldav. I recognized that only after hours of debugging. If you log into the google calendar in the settings (gear weehl on the right -> settings* -> calendar*) you will see a list of your calendars and the option "configure reminders*". On that new page you can set default reminders for allday and not-allday events. For my newly created test account only the allday was set and that is what caused the webOS events to get this reminder.

* My google calendar is in german, so I translated the texts to English and I hope you can find what I talk about.

So, what is left is to look into using the "right" timezone instead of transferring everything into UTC. This still gives me some headaches. Also we will probably want to do a careful beta test for that change.. hm.
    gizmo21 likes this.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I would say an all day event does not rely on time values as parameters and only relies on the date values. Time is moot. Either the date value = true or it isn't.
    That is how the VEVENT rfc handles it. But webOS sadly requires a full unix timestamp for start and end time, no matter what allday points to. :-(
    The allday events the calendar creates go from 0:00 to 23:59:59. The allday events that the c+dav connector creates are at noon to prevent some of these issues.

But the extending allday event bug was really a bug in the connector and should be gone with 0.3.19.

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Bethel95,

I had the same issue. Pre3; 2.2.4: Many installs, but I could never select Caldav as the default calendar and the calendars didn't sync. I had a lot of contacts and they synced fine everytime.

I uninstalled the connector and used Impostah to make sure it was all cleaned up. Reinstalled, but only selected Calendar as being handled. I unselected contacts. I went to calendar preferences and was finally able to choose caldav as the default and the calendars loaded overnight. I have 8 calendars with a lot of info on them.

After I could choose caldav as the default calendar, I went back into caldav and selected it to handle contacts and they worked fine also.

One note, from all the uninstal/reinstall actions, my contacts had multiple listings of every contact. this was only on my phone. Deleting the caldav conncetor was not deleting the synced contacts on my phone. Before I activated the contacts via caldav, I used impostah to delete all the orphan contacts.

Everything has been working great since. I hope this helps you out. Many thanks to Garfonso for writing this!
    Hm.. that really should not happen. :-(
    But your work around makes some sense. Because contacts are handled before calendar.. if for some reason contacts fail (or take ages ) you won't see anything in the calendar. Would have liked to see a log of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I think that you're misunderstanding my point. After an uninstall and reinstall, shouldn't adding C+DAV Google to Calendar caused a request for me to provide my Google credentials?
    Nope. The C+Dav does not request your credentials. It is using OAuth, i.e. it asks Google for permission to access your calendar and then google shows a page where you can log into google (the connector never sees your google credentials) and if you click on "OK" on the "Grant access to app XY" the connector is granted access to your account.
    This has to happen every time you create a new C+Dav account in webOS. But the webpage that it displays will have a cookie from google stored, so google knows who you are and will just present you with the "Grant access to app XY" page. So it is a browser <=> google thing. There should be a link somewhere on that page to log out of your google account, though. Then you can log into another account or whatever. But what you see in the accounts app after tapping on create C+Dav Google Account is just the google web page.

Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Hold on...looks like that my device might be syncing with google. Some items are appearing in my calendar, but not everything, so it might be going slowly as documented.

The sign-in process is strange though. Am i not supposed to sign-in with google+CDAV?

And I still have a google account with calendar service still switched on. Am I supposed to leave it that way?
    Yes, sync takes a long time. I'm not 100% sure what you tried in the log that you posted, but I can clearly see that the connector is hard at work syncing down calendar events in the background.

The sign-in process is OAuth. You have to grant the C+Dav connector access to some parts of your google account. That request is sent to google and google after that presents a webpage to you. If you are already loged into some google account, then you don't have to log in again, because google already knows that it is you. As I explaind above: the c+dav connector does not get your credentials, it just gets some token connected to its own key and your account.

After finally making my way through the cleanup process and reinstalling and configuring C+DAV, my Google Calendar entries are once again syncing to the Calendar app!

Lesson learned: The wiki's cleanup instructions are incomplete and a bit confusing for step 5. Instead of the current instruction, it should read (recommended edits are in red):

5. From the "Database Kind" list, select org.webosports.cdav.account.config, tap <Query>, and then select "Delete All Items" from the app menu.

All other problems that I had were self-generated.

Now if only I could get the AccuWeather app working again...
    Thanks for your improvements on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If I may jump in, I would also like to know how to back up calendar entries from the palm profile.

on webOS 1.+, I believe all profile data is stored in a db3 file, but this is not the case on 2.+

@jclin4: until the 15th, your calendar entries will of course back up to the HP servers, so open the back up app & do a manual back up.

The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation

It's after the 15th I'm worried about. Might be a long time going through the calendar to manually move entries to another cloud service...
    Actually that will only backup events in the HP WebOS account and not the ones in the c+dav connector accounts... the reason for this is simple: if they would be restored from backup after a new activation (yeah, speaking hypothetically ) they would be upsynced to google (or whatever) as new events and basically duplicate everything. So that's why those cloud-based connectors don't backup to the HP cloud, only the information about the accounts (minus credentials) is stored there.

Quote Originally Posted by eense View Post
    I installed cdav several weeks ago and all worked well until this weekend. Now I am going though 20% battery per hour , the temp is very high. If I turn data off the temp goes down and battery usage is better. I am only using the cdav for google calendar. I have the calendar sync prefs set to only sync when on touchstone and wifi between 9pm and 2am but according to Lumberjack it seems to be trying to sync all the time with errors. Lumberjack file attached
    Any ideas? note times in the file seem to be GMT and I am -8 hours (PDT)
    Thanks
    Hm.. very strange... for some reason activity manager is triggering the Periodic Sync activity ALL THE TIME...??? Try a reboot... not sure what is wrong there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Hi,

sorry for me being inactive on the forums (and on C+Dav) for such a long time. Finally I came around to check what is wrong....

Then I first have to apologize for the all day event issue, that in fact way my fault (and now you know why you all should have backups of your data ). All day events got extended by one day on device during up sync (which then would sync up, if you changed something else on the event again). That should be fixed in 0.3.19.

For the "and again nachher" issues I am not really responsible. First I fixed that webOS correctly understands what google is trying to tell it (i.e. they now would be "at start time" not something about undefined). Then I recognized that webOS is mean and adds alarms with trigger "none" for events without an alarm, those now get filtered (sorry to all the servers in the world that the c+dav connector bombed with this nonsense ). But both are were not the root causes of the issue.

It seems that the google calendar enforces it's reminder settings on poor events coming in via caldav. I recognized that only after hours of debugging. If you log into the google calendar in the settings (gear weehl on the right -> settings* -> calendar*) you will see a list of your calendars and the option "configure reminders*". On that new page you can set default reminders for allday and not-allday events. For my newly created test account only the allday was set and that is what caused the webOS events to get this reminder.

* My google calendar is in german, so I translated the texts to English and I hope you can find what I talk about.

So, what is left is to look into using the "right" timezone instead of transferring everything into UTC. This still gives me some headaches. Also we will probably want to do a careful beta test for that change.. hm.
    thanks alot for your efforts to fix google syncing (even you don't use it), i will try 0.3.19 when i'm home.

So what are you recommending us to do ?

Set google calender webview default reminders for allday to NONE? So webOS created non-reminder all-day events still are non-reminded. But how about webOS created reminded all-day events then, are they enforced to non-reminded then, or are they left with the reminder?

Or is there nothing we can do, or is all of that last quote fixed now already without the need of changing google calendar default
  8.    #288  
    From my tests, if you delete the default reminders in the google calendar, and set a reminder for an event in webOS, then the google calendar will correctly display this reminder.

So my advise would be to delete the default settings for the reminders in google calendar, if you don't want google to add reminders for you. Of course the drawback is, that you'll have to manually add reminders, if you add events via the google calendar. So that's something everybody should decide on his own... and no, it seems I can't really fix that on webOS end. :-/
    ...Then I recognized that webOS is mean and adds alarms with trigger "none" for events without an alarm, those now get filtered (sorry to all the servers in the world that the c+dav connector bombed with this nonsense ). But both are were not the root causes of the issue.

I hope you had a good holiday.

So if an event is created with no reminder, webOS sets a reminder with no trigger? Then Google overides that with a default reminder?
    If there were no reminder, would Google add a default reminder? When you filter, do you remove a reminder field/line that says, 'no trigger' or change it to 'REMINDER=NONE'

I've noticed this behaviour. It's no problem to change the default Google setting, but I'm surprised they handle a no reminder situation like this. Perhaps it is worth filing a bug report with Google?

Returning to the back up issue, I realise the back up is only for the HPwebOS account and I'm wondering where that data is in the files system and how easy it might be to make a copy for back up purposes. It's a bit OT, but as you are working with the calendar... ;-)
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
    Hi,

[snip]

That should be fixed in 0.3.19.

[snip]
    I use C+DAV with my owncloud. Any reason to switch to 0.3.19 from 0.3.18?
    And if I update, just install it over the current version?

And I have a question on the order of events:
    1. I change an address on my TP
    2. That address is updated on my owncloud

3. How does the Pre3 gets informed about this change, assuming its data connection is switched on sometime later? Usually I press the sync now in tbe contacts app,because I know I changed sth.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    I use C+DAV with my owncloud. Any reason to switch to 0.3.19 from 0.3.18?
    Yes. All accounts were affected by the bug that added days to all day events during upsync. So I recommend to install the new version for everybody.

And if I update, just install it over the current version?
    Yes, just install it over the old version. That can always be done, if I do not say otherwise explicitly (and I'd probably change some more numbers of the version then, so if we reach 0.4 some day, then better check back ).

And I have a question on the order of events:
    1. I change an address on my TP
    2. That address is updated on my owncloud

3. How does the Pre3 gets informed about this change, assuming its data connection is switched on sometime later? Usually I press the sync now in tbe contacts app,because I know I changed sth.
    There is a periodic sync activity which checks roughly every 20 minutes (if device has internet and is not under high load and some other misterious things, this is all handled by the "ActivityManager" on device) if there are changes on the server and syncs them to your device.
    Of course you can press sync now, which will be more instant.
    But on the Pre3 that should work fine. I'm currently investigating an issue on the TouchPad, where this periodic sync activity sometimes gets lost... in that case it won't update, till you press "sync now" or change some event/contact on the TP.

So if an event is created with no reminder, webOS sets a reminder with no trigger? Then Google overides that with a default reminder?
    That's what I thought, but sadly no. Those were completely unrelated issues.

If there were no reminder, would Google add a default reminder? When you filter, do you remove a reminder field/line that says, 'no trigger' or change it to 'REMINDER=NONE'
    I filter them out completely. The alarms are more like an array, where you can have multiple alarms for an event (but webos supports only one). If that array is empty, then no alarms / reminders are specified. And yes, even if there are no reminders for an event, Google adds the default ones.

I've noticed this behaviour. It's no problem to change the default Google setting, but I'm surprised they handle a no reminder situation like this. Perhaps it is worth filing a bug report with Google?
    If I knew where to file it? I'm also quite sure that the behaviour is intended. What I noticed is, that google only adds the alarm when you first add the event. So if you wait for the event to come back to you from google (which will happen, because webOS triggers a downsync after every upsync) and delete the alarm again, it will stay that way and the alarm is gone. So that's another work around.

Returning to the back up issue, I realise the back up is only for the HPwebOS account and I'm wondering where that data is in the files system and how easy it might be to make a copy for back up purposes. It's a bit OT, but as you are working with the calendar... ;-)
    It is in the db8 database... the files for that are somewhere in /var/palm... but I'm not sure what value those files have for a newly installed device... for pure backup purposes probably the best would be to write something like ExportMessages or ExportNotes. But on the other hand most cloud based services allow users to export events on their end, don't they?
    Preemptive likes this.
    I'm already specifying your export apps for notes and messages. At this time there is no equivalent I know of to export the calendar as an .ics and the HP account is not an online calendar with an export option. I'll look in /var/palm to see if I can find a file to back up and perhaps even a way to export to other systems.
    I'm already specifying your export apps for notes and messages. At this time there is no equivalent I know of to export the calendar as an .ics and the HP account is not an online calendar with an export option. I'll look in /var/palm to see if I can find a file to back up and perhaps even a way to export to other systems.
    From within Impostah you can browse the calendar data, so would that not make a good starting point for exporting, maybe even importing?
    Yes, I can view & email individual entries. Any method for bulk import / export?
    Nope. The C+Dav does not request your credentials. It is using OAuth, i.e. it asks Google for permission to access your calendar and then google shows a page where you can log into google (the connector never sees your google credentials) and if you click on "OK" on the "Grant access to app XY" the connector is granted access to your account.
    This has to happen every time you create a new C+Dav account in webOS. But the webpage that it displays will have a cookie from google stored, so google knows who you are and will just present you with the "Grant access to app XY" page. So it is a browser <=> google thing. There should be a link somewhere on that page to log out of your google account, though. Then you can log into another account or whatever. But what you see in the accounts app after tapping on create C+Dav Google Account is just the google web page.
    So what C+Dav passes to Google is the Google email address that I used for my Palm account?

I understand OAuth, but I'm still trying to understand how Google knows which of my currently-logged-in accounts to present as the one I'm attaching to C+Dav for Calendar (I am logged in to three Google accounts on my Pre3, all of which I use for Contacts, but only one of which I use for Calendar).

I guess it's no big deal, but I am curious how it knows.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Device: Pre3 2.2.4

After repairing the C+DAV installation, the initial sync went fine (as previously reported). Now, however, new events aren't syncing--neither upsync nor downsync.

Meanwhile, all events continue to sync just fine using C+DAV on my TouchPad (3.0.5)--it's been motoring along without a hiccup for about 5 weeks, now.

Having been through the full clean-up process (and configuring my Pre3 per the wiki), I can't help but wonder if C+DAV just isn't going to cut it on 2.2.4.

Anyone else's experience mirror mine?

Anyone have a suggestion that goes beyond what's on the wiki that's worked for you on 2.2.4?
    After ignoring the sync problem for the past 3 weeks, I just checked in and saw the announcement about 0.3.19. I've removed 0.3.18, gone through the clean-up process (this seems to be necessary for me each time), and installed 0.3.19.

Fingers crossed!

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix

After ignoring the sync problem for the past 3 weeks, I just checked in and saw the announcement about 0.3.19. I've removed 0.3.18, gone through the clean-up process (this seems to be necessary for me each time), and installed 0.3.19.
    So...

The initial sync took a while, but seemed to go fine. Since then downsync tests from Google (new events & modified events) are working, but all upsync tests are failing.

Garfonso, anything you want me to try that would help your analysis?

I have the no upsync ipk applied and am getting a populated calendar- thank you!

I am running into an issue where I see cdav.service.jsjsjs $taking$ $up$ $all$ $available$ $CPU$. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $checking$ $logs$ $via$ $lumberjack$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $seeing$ $anything$ $when$ $I$ $search$ $for$ $cdav$.

I have removed my accounts and the cdav connector and rebooted several times- the behavior has been consistent for me.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking to see why the cdav service is getting stuck (presumably) ?

This is on a pre 3, 2.2.4 with uber kernel,the google sync fix for https, and no calendar patches.

thanks!
    I've removed 0.3.18, gone through the clean-up process (this seems to be necessary for me each time), and installed 0.3.19.

Fingers crossed!
    This was not necessary for me. Just installed 3.19 over the preceding cdav. it worked fine. You must have something else conflicting or something weird in your setup!