Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Hey, I just noticed that the forum avatars are back! Surely that's a good sign for my C+DAV recovery efforts.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I'm stuck at step 5 of the cleanup instructions--my Impostah doesn't have a "Delete" item in the app menu. I've got 4 C+DAV entries to delete, so I really need this.
    OK, I may have figured it out--step 5 seems to be missing "...select org.webosports.cdav.account.config, tap <Query>, and then select "Delete all"..."

At least, when I did tap <Query> after selecting a database, I was able to to get "Delete All Items" in the app menu on the Query output view.

Am I right that this is the correct procedure? If so, then the instructions on the wiki need to be updated.

Assuming that's what was intended, I've completed step 5 for all C+DAV databases, and am now stuck on step 10. I've entered the command line string for the first activity ID and triple-checked it:
    luna-send -n 1 -a org.webosports.cdav.service palm://com.palm.activitymanager/cancel '{391: X}'
    but keep getting the following error message:
    {"errorCode":-1990,"errorText":"json: error parsing prop name at 1:2","returnValue":false}
    I'm no Linux jockey, so I have no idea what I'm looking at here--translators welcome!

Also, if it matters, I'm accessing the command line through WOSQI.

FYI, in the command string (as listed above), I'm being very literal about the absence or inclusion of spaces, as shown in the wiki--if there's anything wrong about the wiki's command string, I'd have no way of spotting it. Also, I did not include quote marks around the activity ID (I did try that, but just got an "unexpected character" error--and I do know how to interpret that!).
    Last edited by bethel95; 12/23/2014 at 01:36 PM.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    The command you are entering is not correct. It should be more like:

luna-send -n 1 -a org.webosports.cdav.service palm://com.palm.activitymanager/cancel '{"activityId": 391}'

...Assuming 391 is the activityId you picked up from Impostah.
    Last edited by jclin4; 12/23/2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    The command you are entering is not correct. It should be more like:

luna-send -n 1 -a org.webosports.cdav.service palm://com.palm.activitymanager/cancel '{"activityId": 391}'

...Assuming 391 is the activityId you picked up from Impostah.
    Oy! As is usually the case, RTFI! In hindsight, it's obvious.

After finally making my way through the cleanup process and reinstalling and configuring C+DAV, my Google Calendar entries are once again syncing to the Calendar app!

Lesson learned: The wiki's cleanup instructions are incomplete and a bit confusing for step 5. Instead of the current instruction, it should read (recommended edits are in red):

5. From the "Database Kind" list, select org.webosports.cdav.account.config, tap <Query>, and then select "Delete All Items" from the app menu.

All other problems that I had were self-generated.

Now if only I could get the AccuWeather app working again...

Device: Pre3 2.2.4

Sigh...

After repairing the C+DAV installation, the initial sync went fine (as previously reported). Now, however, new events aren't syncing--neither upsync nor downsync.

Meanwhile, all events continue to sync just fine using C+DAV on my TouchPad (3.0.5)--it's been motoring along without a hiccup for about 5 weeks, now.

Having been through the full clean-up process (and configuring my Pre3 per the wiki), I can't help but wonder if C+DAV just isn't going to cut it on 2.2.4.

Anyone else's experience mirror mine?

Anyone have a suggestion that goes beyond what's on the wiki that's worked for you on 2.2.4?

Device: Pre3 2.2.4

Anyone have a suggestion that goes beyond what's on the wiki that's worked for you on 2.2.4?
    It has been working great for me on a Pre 3 running 2.2.4 for some time. After getting it installed, I've had no issues and I have 8 google calendars running and 1000 contacts. are you sure you don't have some patches installed that are interfering?
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    It has been working great for me on a Pre 3 running 2.2.4 for some time. After getting it installed, I've had no issues and I have 8 google calendars running and 1000 contacts. are you sure you don't have some patches installed that are interfering?
    And I must admit that it worked fine for me for 3 weeks--just not so much the last 2 weeks.

As for patch conflicts: I followed all of the recommendations on the C+DAV wiki; beyond that, I suppose it's possible there's some patch I've used that's a problem, but I'm not sure I've got the energy left to go through the remove-reinstall process of testing each one--that's why I was hoping someone had a specific solution to a similar experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    [update on How to add shared google calendars into CalDAV sync]:
    "To sync more than one calendar or new calendars you create, go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect > Calendars you want to sync > Save. "

Link above also works on phones. After waiting for a while now also the shared calendars apear.
    I now I see why I am missing wheather lately, it was not ticked?
    And I must admit that it worked fine for me for 3 weeks--just not so much the last 2 weeks.

As for patch conflicts: I followed all of the recommendations on the C+DAV wiki; beyond that, I suppose it's possible there's some patch I've used that's a problem, but I'm not sure I've got the energy left to go through the remove-reinstall process of testing each one--that's why I was hoping someone had a specific solution to a similar experience.
    any chance it is on the Google end? Do you have all your calendars sync'd? I'd log in to google with a PC and make sure everything on that end is set up properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    any chance it is on the Google end? Do you have all your calendars sync'd? I'd log in to google with a PC and make sure everything on that end is set up properly.
    Yep, all is fine in Google land.

Well, C+DAV downsync has been working quite well with my google calendar, and I'm thinking of moving to upsync. But I have a couple of questions about the instructions:

A) instructions say to back up data -- how is this done for the calendar entries that are not on my google account? I looked at Save/Restore app, but calendar is not listed.

B) there is no mention of uninstalling the downsync version of C+DAV. Is this correct, that the upsync version installs over the downsync version?

Thanks!
    If I may jump in, I would also like to know how to back up calendar entries from the palm profile.

on webOS 1.+, I believe all profile data is stored in a db3 file, but this is not the case on 2.+

@jclin4: until the 15th, your calendar entries will of course back up to the HP servers, so open the back up app & do a manual back up.

The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation

It's after the 15th I'm worried about. Might be a long time going through the calendar to manually move entries to another cloud service...
    I installed cdav several weeks ago and all worked well until this weekend. Now I am going though 20% battery per hour , the temp is very high. If I turn data off the temp goes down and battery usage is better. I am only using the cdav for google calendar. I have the calendar sync prefs set to only sync when on touchstone and wifi between 9pm and 2am but according to Lumberjack it seems to be trying to sync all the time with errors. Lumberjack file attached
    Any ideas? note times in the file seem to be GMT and I am -8 hours (PDT)
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    After removing the synch patch per the instructions I still can't install the contacts 2.1.0_3 patch.
    Any other patches that could cause error?
    Quote Originally Posted by eense View Post
    I installed cdav several weeks ago and all worked well until this weekend. Now I am going though 20% battery per hour , the temp is very high. If I turn data off the temp goes down and battery usage is better. I am only using the cdav for google calendar. I have the calendar sync prefs set to only sync when on touchstone and wifi between 9pm and 2am but according to Lumberjack it seems to be trying to sync all the time with errors. Lumberjack file attached
    Any ideas? note times in the file seem to be GMT and I am -8 hours (PDT)
    Thanks
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports
    Sync fix for stable upload

Also, please triple check that you do not have the patch "System: Sync fix for stable upload" installed. It WILL run the connector in an endless loop eating up all your battery and your data volume quite fast!
    Check for that conflict?
    Hello,

I have a Veer upgraded to 2.2.4. I used the Caldav as well as Gsync. My phone says Google syncing for the last 18 hours. What did I do wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Brunner View Post
    Hello,

I have a Veer upgraded to 2.2.4. I used the Caldav as well as Gsync. My phone says Google syncing for the last 18 hours. What did I do wrong?
    When using C+DAV, you do not really need Gsync anymore, cause you can sync bot your contacts and your calender with caldav.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    After removing the synch patch per the instructions I still can't install the contacts 2.1.0_3 patch.
    Any other patches that could cause error?
    look into C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports (it's not named correctly there), have you unistalled the patch "Enhanced Contacts VCard Export", this one collides with c+dav contacts patch as garfonso added same enhancements on his one, so mine is not needed anymore. Btw. i would update my patch description if i could, but the portal is offline.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    When using C+DAV, you do not really need Gsync anymore, cause you can sync bot your contacts and your calender with caldav.
    I was my understanding that Grabber5.0's 'gsync' patch is still required to use email and messaging for gmail accounts: [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    So in my case I continue to use Google sync https fix patch for email and messaging alongside C+DAV for calendar and contacts, but be sure not to let those accounts overlap functionality in the accounts app.
    gizmo21 likes this.