Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    "allday event"
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    ICS on the other hand encodes "allday" by omitting hour & minute information completely and only specifying the day. Start and End are entered seperately, but IIRC the end date was exclusive (i.e. an full day event for today would read as 20141214 till 20141215). The C+Dav connector converts those allday event to events that start and end at noon to ease timezone issues a bit... because I saw them earlier.
    Interesting !
    That makes me think what an "allday event" really means ..
    If you just care about one timezone then you should be fine to consider an "allday event" as starting at midnight 0:00 and ending at next midnight 24:00.
    But trying to understand such 24h event period from a different timezone then it will always overlap with two days in your local time (in that different timezone).
    I think the common meaning of an all day event is one fix date (like 14. Dezember 2014) ( and it spans a period of 24h). Such an event would not have one fixed starting time (in UTC) - but the "actual starting time" would depend on the local time zone.

Else if we want to have a fixed starting time (a certain time in UTC) then we need to define the timezone for the allday event to determine the correspondent starting time (in UTC)
    Not sure what the standards define as "allday event".
    I would say an all day event does not rely on time values as parameters and only relies on the date values. Time is moot. Either the date value = true or it isn't.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    My System: pre 3 - Version 2.2.4
    i uninstalled the https Patch for google.

Then:
    i use the contacts_patch_2.2.4_3 from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwzghbhchsjfx9v/nbuCgosFk_
    installed with internaltz Pro.
    i use the c+dav Connector - per eMail - installed with preware the idk - all_upsync - version 0.3.18
    in preware - accounts i use the new c+dav google account for contact and calender
    contact is running - sync to or from google is perfect.
    in calendar i have the standard to hp webos-account - i canīt change this.
    i have 2 accounts - Palm-Profil and c+dav google.
    i have no entrys from google - sync is not in function.
    the c+dav sync application startet with start sync: sync result: returnvalue:true, success:true, calendar ... true, contacts ... true
    where is the error ?
    Device: Pre3, 2.2.4

Did you reboot your phone once?
    Yep--did a reboot before doing any troubleshooting, then did reboots after every major change (uninstall, reinstall, etc.), even though a reboot isn't theoretically required. In fact, at one point I even did a shutdown and pulled the battery, just in case. So the results I reported occurred despite doing reboots.

You don't have to re-enter your credentials into the google webpage, because it stores a cookie. This is completely independent of the c+dav service and you can just use it... it can not corrupt anything. I did not really find a way to reliably delete that cookie.
    I think that you're misunderstanding my point. After an uninstall and reinstall, shouldn't adding C+DAV Google to Calendar caused a request for me to provide my Google credentials? This didn't happen. (BTW, I did remove the C+DAV account from Calendar before uninstalling the C+DAV app.) Instead, when I re-installed C+DAV Google last week and then added it as an account, I had to open the C+DAV Google account to even see the Google account credentials fields--I was never prompted to provide any credentials. So I was puzzled when I did this, and found the email address for one of my Google accounts already filled in--how could it know *which* of my several Google accounts I'm wanting to link to Calendar? I've got three Google accounts linked to Contacts; in theory, I could have wanted to link any one of those three to Calendar. Further, not only was the Google account email already pre-filled immediately after the re-install (when I first opened the C+DAV Google account in Calendar prefs), it was greyed out & non-editable, so I couldn't specify another Google account even if I had wanted to.

Note that I don't recall what the state of the Google account email field was when I did my original C+DAV installation last month (which would have been useful info to have, but oh well...). I am certain, however, that I had the opportunity at some point to specify which Google account I wanted to link to Calendar--I just don't remember how or when in the process that happened.

So is it possible that the Google account email is being stored somewhere else than just the browser cookie? That explanation doesn't seem to jibe with the behavior I'm seeing (specifically, the persistent, non-editable email address).

One other thing I've noticed since my OP on this issue is that (in addition to not appearing in Calendar View Options), C+DAV is not offered as a choice as the Default Calendar in Calendar prefs--again, it's as if Calendar isn't even aware that C+DAV is there, let alone trying to sync, despite the fact that C+DAV is in the Accounts list in prefs.

Also logs from the service would really be helpful in such occasions.
    If I decide to take another crack at C+DAV, I'll see what I can get you.

That said, It's been a really long time since the one time I messed around with log files. Anyone have a link to a good tutorial on how to do this (using Lumberjack, if that's relevant)? I'd rather not have to recreate this wheel. Thanks!

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Bethel95,

I had the same issue. Pre3; 2.2.4: Many installs, but I could never select Caldav as the default calendar and the calendars didn't sync. I had a lot of contacts and they synced fine everytime.

I uninstalled the connector and used Impostah to make sure it was all cleaned up. Reinstalled, but only selected Calendar as being handled. I unselected contacts. I went to calendar preferences and was finally able to choose caldav as the default and the calendars loaded overnight. I have 8 calendars with a lot of info on them.

After I could choose caldav as the default calendar, I went back into caldav and selected it to handle contacts and they worked fine also.

One note, from all the uninstal/reinstall actions, my contacts had multiple listings of every contact. this was only on my phone. Deleting the caldav conncetor was not deleting the synced contacts on my phone. Before I activated the contacts via caldav, I used impostah to delete all the orphan contacts.

Everything has been working great since. I hope this helps you out. Many thanks to Garfonso for writing this!
    @petbull - a crazy idea - but it works

many thanks Garfonso & petbull
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jerie View Post
    My System: pre 3 - Version 2.2.4
    i uninstalled the https Patch for google.

Then:
    i use the contacts_patch_2.2.4_3 from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwzghbhchsjfx9v/nbuCgosFk_
    installed with internaltz Pro.
    i use the c+dav Connector - per eMail - installed with preware the idk - all_upsync - version 0.3.18
    in preware - accounts i use the new c+dav google account for contact and calender
    contact is running - sync to or from google is perfect.
    in calendar i have the standard to hp webos-account - i canīt change this.
    i have 2 accounts - Palm-Profil and c+dav google.
    i have no entrys from google - sync is not in function.
    the c+dav sync application startet with start sync: sync result: returnvalue:true, success:true, calendar ... true, contacts ... true
    where is the error ?
    I had the same issue. Try gizmo21's settings fix:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I had the same issue. Pre3; 2.2.4: Many installs, but I could never select Caldav as the default calendar and the calendars didn't sync. I had a lot of contacts and they synced fine everytime.

I uninstalled the connector and used Impostah to make sure it was all cleaned up. Reinstalled, but only selected Calendar as being handled. I unselected contacts. I went to calendar preferences and was finally able to choose caldav as the default and the calendars loaded overnight. I have 8 calendars with a lot of info on them.
    Sounds worth trying. I've got Impostah installed, but have never had cause to use it. What categories should I look in to "clean up" after the C+DAV uninstall? In other words, what exactly should I be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    One note, from all the uninstal/reinstall actions, my contacts had multiple listings of every contact. this was only on my phone. Deleting the caldav conncetor was not deleting the synced contacts on my phone. Before I activated the contacts via caldav, I used impostah to delete all the orphan contacts.
    And that's why I avoided having C+DAV handle contacts syncing--I'm sticking with Synergy until that dies.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Sounds worth trying. I've got Impostah installed, but have never had cause to use it. What categories should I look in to "clean up" after the C+DAV uninstall? In other words, what exactly should I be looking for?

And that's why I avoided having C+DAV handle contacts syncing--I'm sticking with Synergy until that dies.
    I am pretty sure the cleanup instructions are in the wiki in the first post. Really Palm/HP is to blame for the mess, IMO. The 3rd party synergy framework has always had some issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi, I have a Pre2 running 2.1.0 and have tried CDAV, cleaning and installing several times, also with the 210 to 224 mojo patch. But I cannot seem to sign in after creating a Google + CDAV account. I either get a timeout or unknown error.

Here's the last few lines of the messages log, and attaching the full log as well:

2014-12-21T19:48:43.260894Z [1964] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Sending$ $request$ $155$.$4$ $with$ $data$ &$lt$;$d$ropfind xmlns:d="DAV:"><drop><d:current-user-principal /></drop></dropfind> to server.
    2014-12-21T19:48:43.270385Z [1964] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Options$: {&$quot$;$method$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$PROPFIND$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$headers$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$Prefer$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$return$-$minimal$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Content$-$Type$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$text$/$xml$; $charset$=$utf$-$8$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Connection$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$keep$-$alive$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$User$-$Agent$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$-$connector$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$host$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$www$.$googleapis$.$com$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Authorization$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Basic$ $amNsaW40NDQ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbTpnZTByR2lhKjI$=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Depth$&$quot$;:$0$,&$quot$;$Content$-$Length$&$quot$;:$85$},&$quot$;$path$&$quot$;:&$quot$;/.$well$-$known$/$carddav$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$port$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$443$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$protocol$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$https$:&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prefix$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$https$://$www$.$googleapis$.$com$:$443$&$quot$;}
    2014-12-21T19:48:43.271118Z [1964] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Sending$ $request$ $155$.$4$ $to$ https://www.googleapis.com:443/.well-known/carddav
    2014-12-21T19:48:43.271484Z [1964] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Set$ $timeout$ $on$ $request$ $to$ $60000$
    2014-12-21T19:48:51.228302Z [1972] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $commandTimeout$ $in$ $org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$/$checkCredentials$
    2014-12-21T19:48:51.287780Z [1972] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Error$: $commandTimeout$ $in$ $org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$/$checkCredentials$ $at$ $Timer$.$callback$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojoservice$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$controller_command$.$js$:$158$:$31$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$
    2014-12-21T19:48:51.319854Z [1972] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.calendar: Error: MojoService: no errorCode supplied commandTimeout in org.webosports.cdav.service/checkCredentials; innerError: "Error: commandTimeout in org.webosports.cdav.service/checkCredentials\n at Timer.callback (/usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice/version/1.0/javascript/controller_command.jsjsjs:$158$:$31$)\$n$ $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$&$quot$; $at$ $Object$.$create$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$104$:$372$) $at$ $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$179$:$835$ $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$129$:$246$) $at$ $dispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$140$:$493$), $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$133$
    2014-12-21T19:48:51.323181Z [1972] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.calendar: Error: MojoService: no errorCode supplied commandTimeout in org.webosports.cdav.service/checkCredentials; innerError: "Error: commandTimeout in org.webosports.cdav.service/checkCredentials\n at Timer.callback (/usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice/version/1.0/javascript/controller_command.jsjsjs:$158$:$31$)\$n$ $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$&$quot$; $at$ $Object$.$create$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$104$:$372$) $at$ $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$179$:$835$ $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$129$:$246$) $at$ $dispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$140$:$493$), $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$133$
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.298217Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Timeout$ $for$ $155$.$4$
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.298645Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Message$ $155$.$4$ $had$ $error$: $Timeout$
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.298767Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Trying$ $to$ $resend$ $message$ $155$.$4$.
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.298950Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Already$ $connected$
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.299072Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Sending$ $request$ $155$.$5$ $with$ $data$ &$lt$;$d$ropfind xmlns:d="DAV:"><drop><d:current-user-principal /></drop></dropfind> to server.
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.299163Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Options$: {&$quot$;$method$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$PROPFIND$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$headers$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$Prefer$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$return$-$minimal$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Content$-$Type$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$text$/$xml$; $charset$=$utf$-$8$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Connection$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$keep$-$alive$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$User$-$Agent$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$-$connector$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$host$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$www$.$googleapis$.$com$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Authorization$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Basic$ $amNsaW40NDQ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbTpnZTByR2lhKjI$=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$Depth$&$quot$;:$0$,&$quot$;$Content$-$Length$&$quot$;:$85$},&$quot$;$path$&$quot$;:&$quot$;/.$well$-$known$/$carddav$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$port$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$443$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$protocol$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$https$:&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prefix$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$https$://$www$.$googleapis$.$com$:$443$&$quot$;}
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.299255Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Sending$ $request$ $155$.$5$ $to$ https://www.googleapis.com:443/.well-known/carddav
    2014-12-21T19:49:43.299346Z [2012] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Set$ $timeout$ $on$ $request$ $to$ $60000$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.309204Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Timeout$ $for$ $155$.$5$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.309906Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Message$ $155$.$5$ $had$ $error$: $Timeout$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.310272Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Already$ $tried$ $message$ $155$.$5$ $5$ $times$. $Seems$ $as$ $if$ $server$ $won$'$t$ $answer$? $Sync$ $seems$ $broken$.
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.319396Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Not$ $401$ $error$ =&$gt$; $not$ $testing$ $digest$.
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.320098Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Password$ $rejected$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.320526Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Error$ $in$ $CheckCredentials$: $Error$: $408_TIMEOUT$ - $Connection$ $issue$: $undefined$. $Maybe$ $try$ $again$ $later$ $or$ $check$ $url$. - $URL$: $undefined$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.329193Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Error$: $408_TIMEOUT$ - $Connection$ $issue$: $undefined$. $Maybe$ $try$ $again$ $later$ $or$ $check$ $url$. - $URL$: $undefined$
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.329864Z [2072] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] -------------&$gt$;$Modified$ $Key$: {&$quot$;$returnValue$&$quot$;:$false$,&$quot$;$exception$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$errorText$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$Connection$ $issue$: $undefined$. $Maybe$ $try$ $again$ $later$ $or$ $check$ $url$. - $URL$: $undefined$&$quot$;}}
    2014-12-21T19:50:43.371948Z [2073] palm-webos user.err ebosports.cdav.service.jsjsjs: [$org$.$webosports$.$cdav$.$service$] $Stored$ $config$ $in$ $config$ $db$:
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hold on...looks like that my device might be syncing with google. Some items are appearing in my calendar, but not everything, so it might be going slowly as documented.

The sign-in process is strange though. Am i not supposed to sign-in with google+CDAV?

And I still have a google account with calendar service still switched on. Am I supposed to leave it that way?
    are you not getting log-in errors due to the google calendare service turned on ??
    You have probably used Grabber5.0's patch to ensure connection to Google via https. This still works. What has changed is the protocol used to connect to the calendar. C+DAV circumvents this by using a standard, open protocol, one that can also connect to other services. So, to avoid any error messages, you can open your existing Google account in the Accounts app and untick the box for connecting to the calendar.

Once you have set up the C+DAV account, you shouldn't need to log in again.
    Thanks much for the guidance. Yes I have used Grabber's patch to connect to google. I assume this is still needed for email?

Good to know I can turn off calendar in the google account.

More and more events are showing up in calendar, so I CDAV is working.
    Yes, you still need the patch for gmail, if you don't set it up as a generic IMAP account.
    Cool. Thanks for the confirm (and the patch!).
    Hi, how can I update the patch? I'm still using the version from a few months, and just saw there is already V3 out!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Hi, how can I update the patch? I'm still using the version from a few months, and just saw there is already V3 out!
    Just follow link on first post to the wiki and read
    :"Current Patch Version: 3. To update the patch, you have to remove the old version. Luna restarts are not necessary."

oh or which patch are you talking about, garfonsons or grabbers it's all mixed up here.
    @gizmo21: Ah sorry, I got confused between Patch an the real connector service... Updated the Connector from 0.3.10 to 0.3.18 and installed the V3 Patch.

Clicked on "Start Sync" and it's showing the spinner for a few minutes now... I hope it's still working
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I am pretty sure the cleanup instructions are in the wiki in the first post.
    Doh! And here I've been pointing others to the wiki link. (And there are the logging instructions, too. Double doh!)

Any-who, I'm stuck at step 5 of the cleanup instructions--my Impostah doesn't have a "Delete" item in the app menu. I've got 4 C+DAV entries to delete, so I really need this.

I've confirmed that I've got the latest version of Impostah (0.9.20), so anyone have any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong? I've followed steps 1-4 with no issues.

TIA!