Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    I am late to the game, but hopefully someone can help.

Pre2 - 2.1.0

I was able to install the MojoTransport patch.

I was not able to install the Contacts patch. I even ran an EPR (removing all patches), and still could not install it via internals-pro.

I installed the C+DAV sync (after installing the patch), and created my C+DAV google acct (Calendar only).

The sync takes place, and I can see calendar entries from my primary acct.

However, I cannot set my calendar as my default calendar. (It doesn't show up on the list)

and

All of my linked calendars (wife, kids, etc) do not show up.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Glenn
    both answers are in the thread:

1. can it be you did NOT install the upsync version. Read only cals can not be set as standard and you can't create events on Thema.

2. you need to set those linked calendars to ical syncable in web view in browser. It's explained in detail in a posting of mine in the thread.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/09/2014 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    both answers are in the thread:

1. can it be you did NOT install NOT the upsync version. Read only cals can not be set as standard and you can't create events on Thema.

2. you need to set those linked calendars to ical syncable in web view in browser. It's explained in detail in a posting of mine in the thread.
    Please point us to the info within this 12 page thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Previously - I have seen this pattern also with one or two other 1h events which got cloned on webos side over time. Now - after Impostah database cleanup - I just see the issue for all-day events only.
    At the google web page I changed one repeated (for 3 days) all-day event to 1am to 23pm and synced this to the webos device (Pre3). The original event and the artificial clones go removed on the Pre3.
    Actually - what appears as series of cloned events on webos is just ONE whole-day event with a multi-day range. And this range gets extended every now and then (I guess about twice a day?) . The end date moves to the next day.
    I will try to reproduce the error case and will post it here.
    Hi everyone,

I installed C+Dav and it worked for me as well. THANKS !!!

But, there is a "but" : I have this calendar with Saint of the Day stored as full day entries, but are not repeated (I mean : every entry is a single entry of its own, no repetition or what so ever).

After a few days I find this as well in my agenda (see gcal.jpg file) : the entries with a red dot are wrong : they last 4 days instead of 1.

If you tell me where are the log files, and if know it, what exact log file I should check, I'll be happy to share it here (I am confortable with linux shell and have access to the WebOS file system on my Pre3...)

Thanks in advance for your help !

Charly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    I have this calendar with Saint of the Day stored as full day entries, but are not repeated (I mean : every entry is a single entry of its own, no repetition or what so ever).
    Are you sure that there is no yearly repetition for these events. I would expect these to repeat.
    Where did you add these events ? In webos or on the google web calendar or did you inherit these from somewhere?
    Hello,

No, they are not yearly repetition, since some of them are "mobile" days (such as Easter and the like)...

It is imported with Google Calandar interface, and then synchronize to my devices (Android tablet, Pre3, Lightning/Thunderbird calandar). I provide you with the ICS file if you want to try and check... (see attached file)

Charly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hello,

No, they are not yearly repetition, since some of them are "mobile" days (such as Easter and the like)...

It is imported with Google Calandar interface, and then synchronize to my devices (Android tablet, Pre3, Lightning/Thunderbird calandar). I provide you with the ICS file if you want to try and check... (see attached file)

Charly
    Seems like some issue i have with fullday events (and cross plattform syncing):

C+DAV "ISSUES" i have
    If these are full day events, maybe there's a bug about defining where exactly the day finishes or ends or about syncing across time zones or daylight saving changes. If an all day event manages to creep into another day, perhaps then as an 'all day' event it is expanded to fill the whole next day...which means if the problem persists, it will then creep into the next day. This might explain why all day events are replicating.

So, are your devices and remote calendars all set to the same timezone? Are they all recognising daylight saving changes the same way? Does the replication occur when synchronisation takes place?

I have occasion to generate and upload .ics files and one instruction in my template is:
    In DST, replace 00Z with 00 - Z locks Google calendar to UTC, ignoring daylight saving.
    (this relates to .ics timecode, which today would look like this: 20141209T193000Z)

Maybe this is all irrelevant, but if you've eliminated synchronisation discrepancies and 'bugs' in your .ics file, then it's a matter of discovering if the fault is with the remote services' implementation of C+DAV or with the webOS connector. Or it maybe a combination of timing errors and coded implementation. (the 00Z error I've described led to times being an hour out, not replication of all day events)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    First: Thanks for the logs.

But: Can you explain that a bit further? Where did you create the item? On device or in google? This *sometimes* happens, when upsync is faster than you editing stuff and the etag can not be updated.. Is this in the logs, too?

TC - I forgot about this one, but I think item was created in Thunderbird via Lightning. Or it was on my phone. It didn't happen again so I guess it's a one-off.

Can you explain a bit more here, too? "None" means no reminder at all? Can you name an example event that I might find in the log? In the log I can see events with reminder at start of event set. Is that what you mean by "none"? Is "Dinner - Family" an example for that?
    Hm.. it has the "P0D" trigger generated by webOS that causes this turmoil in webOS on downsync. Huh.. strange. I will investigate that a bit more. (Only I can't promise when)
    If you can reproduce this, can you create such an event and send me the log which then hopefully just syncs this event? That would be really great. :-)

TC - Here's a screen cap of this happening this morning:

I defaulted all my events created to No Reminders. it becomes this "undefined after" after syncing with Google and it triggers a notification. I did it this morning and unfortunately messages already rolled over and there aren't anything from grep. I'll dig into the earlier or try to reproduce it again, but it's consistently happening.

Actually it looks supprisingly good in the log for this calendar... it is a bit strange, that you don't get any events.. because actually it even has a ctag saved, which means that the service is pretty sure everything worked fine on the previous sync. Can you select "Trigger slow sync" from the app and try to sync again and see if the calendar get's populated?
    If not, please send me a new log of this first sync attempt after trigger slow sync.

TC - I'll try this, but I think I briefly tried it and nothing came back. As of now there are still no events for this calendar. I do see the calendar under Select Calendars for viewing.

Sorry for the lack of updates, was on vacation in a different timezone. Please see comments in line.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Also I did a little more digging on the issue with the public double-byte calendars. Turns out those events DID sync to the phone. I used Impostah and opened up the calendarevent database, it's all there. I just don't know why they don't show up on the actual calendar...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Device: Pre3, 2.2.4

After several weeks of normal functioning, I noticed yesterday that my Google Calendar was no longer syncing. Based on one failed upsync that has a known entry date/time, this problem goes back until at least 12/10 at 4:00 pm.

I went through the normal troubleshooting: Re-entered login credentials, removed C+DAV Google as an account and added it back in, etc., each time waiting at least 30 minutes for any sign of a successful sync, trying a manual sync, and waiting again (with no positive result).

So I uninstalled C+DAV, then re-installed with Internalz Pro. After adding C+DAV Google as a Calendar account and entering my login credentials (it's odd that the "Add Account" process doesn't ask for this, and that I have to remember this step), I settled in to wait for a first sync.

[90 minutes later]

OK, still nothing downsyncing. My Google account is a listed account in Calendar prefs, but doesn't appear in Calendar View Options--I take that to mean that C+DAV's not even connecting to Google Calendar.

One other bit of weirdness: After uninstalling and reinstalling C+DAV and adding C+DAV Google to Calendar, when I opened the C+DAV Google account in Calendar to enter my login credentials, my email was already filled in. This leads me to believe that some datastore survived the uninstall. If so, perhaps it's possible that this is what's been corrupted. If that's what's going on, and if I were to uninstall C+DAV again, where would I go to look for any remnants, in order to delete them manually before reinstalling again?

This is all very strange, given that things had been working just fine for weeks.

Anyone else having this happen?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Please point us to the info within this 12 page thread.
    Go to the C+DAV wiki page (which is linked in the OP BTW).

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Great. If Calendar sync problems weren't enough, now avatars are no longer loading in forum posts (at least in my browser). It's like watching a house falling apart one nail at a time.

TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Great. If Calendar sync problems weren't enough, now avatars are no longer loading in forum posts (at least in my browser). It's like watching a house falling apart one nail at a time.
    This is how I've felt for a long time. I gave up even checking if this cdav works and accepted I can't rely on my calendar anymore. I wish there was clearer definition of what is "alpha" or "beta" vs. "actually works". WebOS has become something that makes me feel a little bit stupider every day. My stupid isn't increasing, but my awareness of it IS.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    This is how I've felt for a long time. I gave up even checking if this cdav works and accepted I can't rely on my calendar anymore. I wish there was clearer definition of what is "alpha" or "beta" vs. "actually works". WebOS has become something that makes me feel a little bit stupider every day. My stupid isn't increasing, but my awareness of it IS.
    I have not kept track of all, but I think we all should be lucky to have this synergy connector, it was meant for LuneOS and never intended to be run on webOS. Only because of the problems ith the google sync, people suggested it should be made available for webOS as well.

As far as I understood, it was made available as a work in progress, at first just for one way download, later for the other direction as well.

Do not underestimate the work needed to do a Calender Sync. I mean even the original Palm Facebook Calender sync failed, because ot timezone issues.

I applaud the efforts of the developer who worked on this. Anybody who notices am issue or bug, can file this. But as long as it is just one, maybe two people working on this, you will run into other issues again.

I do thank the developer for his efforts to bring us such a complicated programm as a c+dav synergy connector!
    We should not forget that official support for webOS died a long time ago.

Aside from the original decision to cease H/W production, HP has arguably done us a favour by keeping the servers running for so long.

The fact that this stuff is still usable is down to app developers being willing to update and all the HB tools, patches and services that have been freely delivered over the 5+ year life of webOS.
    I've the sensation that they were also forced to keep the servers running ....

Phones and tablet were sold officially in europe during the end of 2011, and actually up to some time in 2012 (by a big chain) , if my memory serves me well... that chain had a kind of tactic of putting very small batches of phones in various stores bit by bit, to drag people (and sell other things).

By legalities, hp could not shut down for sure while they had units still under warranty.. and that brings us around the beginning of 2014, since here the warranty is 2 years.
    Then we should find a way to read all the small prints in the various eula and co, who knows.. maybe somewhere it says about 1y from the end of warranty of the last officially sold unit, before the end of all the infrastructure.

and that would put us to our actual shutdown date.
    Yes, quite possibly. But my point was more that there has not been OTA updates for years, no fixes for changes to service APIs for bundled apps. The last update was probably the app catalogue fix - which was not an OTA update, more of a work-around.

Imagine our situation without WOSQI, webOS-Internals and all the other homebrew.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Ah, in that sense you're totally right
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Also I did a little more digging on the issue with the public double-byte calendars. Turns out those events DID sync to the phone. I used Impostah and opened up the calendarevent database, it's all there. I just don't know why they don't show up on the actual calendar...
    Do double byte events work in the calendar at all? Those apps tend to just ignore events they feel are corrupted. Maybe you can find something in the log of the calendar app (especially after a sync of such events or after opening the app and going to a day where such an event should be displayed). Maybe the C+Dav connector needs to convert the characters into... something that the calendar app can handle?
    I'm not very knowing about those character encoding issues, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If these are full day events, maybe there's a bug about defining where exactly the day finishes or ends or about syncing across time zones or daylight saving changes. If an all day event manages to creep into another day, perhaps then as an 'all day' event it is expanded to fill the whole next day...which means if the problem persists, it will then creep into the next day. This might explain why all day events are replicating.
    This is quite possible. WebOS stores an "allDay" flag in the event, if that is set the calendar app shows the event as allday. But it still relies on the start / end timestamps (which is in miliseconds since 1.1.1970) to determine which days are affected by the event. By that it does not care a lot if just an hour or so reaches into a day.
    ICS on the other hand encodes "allday" by omitting hour & minute information completely and only specifying the day. Start and End are entered seperately, but IIRC the end date was exclusive (i.e. an full day event for today would read as 20141214 till 20141215). The C+Dav connector converts those allday event to events that start and end at noon to ease timezone issues a bit... because I saw them earlier.

But there seems to be something broken there and I still did not find the time to really investigate that. :-(
    Currently the best work around for that is to make sure your server and clients are in the same timezone and daylight saving time thingie... sadly you can't control that with google.

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Device: Pre3, 2.2.4

After several weeks of normal functioning, I noticed yesterday that my Google Calendar was no longer syncing. Based on one failed upsync that has a known entry date/time, this problem goes back until at least 12/10 at 4:00 pm.

I went through the normal troubleshooting: Re-entered login credentials, removed C+DAV Google as an account and added it back in, etc., each time waiting at least 30 minutes for any sign of a successful sync, trying a manual sync, and waiting again (with no positive result).

So I uninstalled C+DAV, then re-installed with Internalz Pro. After adding C+DAV Google as a Calendar account and entering my login credentials (it's odd that the "Add Account" process doesn't ask for this, and that I have to remember this step), I settled in to wait for a first sync.

[90 minutes later]

OK, still nothing downsyncing. My Google account is a listed account in Calendar prefs, but doesn't appear in Calendar View Options--I take that to mean that C+DAV's not even connecting to Google Calendar.

One other bit of weirdness: After uninstalling and reinstalling C+DAV and adding C+DAV Google to Calendar, when I opened the C+DAV Google account in Calendar to enter my login credentials, my email was already filled in. This leads me to believe that some datastore survived the uninstall. If so, perhaps it's possible that this is what's been corrupted. If that's what's going on, and if I were to uninstall C+DAV again, where would I go to look for any remnants, in order to delete them manually before reinstalling again?

This is all very strange, given that things had been working just fine for weeks.

Anyone else having this happen?
    Did you reboot your phone once?
    Actually, if sync "suddenly stops working" I really recommend just to reboot the device and see if it works again. As I said before the service sometimes just hangs indefinitely and syncs will not continue during those events. A reboot repairs that. Also removing account or the app won't help, because the service is still loaded in the background and never killed.

You don't have to re-enter your credentials into the google webpage, because it stores a cookie. This is completely independent of the c+dav service and you can just use it... it can not corrupt anything. I did not really find a way to reliably delete that cookie.

Also logs from the service would really be helpful in such occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I'm sorry for your bad experience. :-(
    Actually there are no automated tests for this peace of software (and only few which can be run manually) and it is quite a complex beast with A LOT of things on the outside influencing it. Nobody can currently guarantee any functionality of it. It also clearly is beta (at best). Having said that, it works pretty well for me on multiple devices using an owncloud server. That's what I develop against and what is supported best. I added my google account to the C+Dav connector a few months ago and have downsync working fine for some months (after some smaller issues I managed to fix)... I do some rudimentary tests before I release a new version, but a lot of issues only face up after some days of usage, usually... because there are a lot of different things that can break in a lot of different ways.

I'll try to keep this in as good a shape, as I can manage and my wish is that at some day I'll have at least some automated tests (I did some preparations for that but did not manage to find a nice not sooo intrusive test framework for our quite complex environment). Also I try to help everybody who contacts me (prefered: email to garfonso AT mobo.info ) in the best way I can (still in my spare time ).

But if you feel that running a webOS phone or tablet is getting harder from day to day, you sure are right. And you'll run into different issues every day. If you want to have something more easy & reliable, you should probably think about getting a phone with a supported OS. WebOS won't get easier in the future, I fear. :-(
    MartinH@webos likes this.