Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 419
Like Tree77Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    added another issue i have: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

    this is with cross OS shared calendars so perhaps not C+DAV fault (haven't tried it with old google sync), but i have a workaround for it.
    I've just finished doing multiple cross-platform Calendar sync tests in both directions:
    webOS > Google > iOS
    iOS > Google > webOS
    The webOS device is a Pre3 (2.2.4) and the iOS device is an iPhone 5c (8.1.1).

    All event creations and deletions synced correctly. I didn't test recurring event creation, but I did successfully delete a single instance of a recurring event.

    I've not had a recurrence of the sync delay problem that I previously reported.

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    cbosdell and Rnp like this.
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Have not had that problem that I know of. Make sure to grab your log file before it resets.

    I did experience one problem a couple of times now - moving events from one account to another. I moved 4 test events yesterday from my main calendar to my test account because they were bugging my wife. Two of them didn't sync up until I made some edits to them locally, and two didn't get removed from the first account - they did get moved locally, but sync'd back down later from the original account, and I end up with them on both accounts.
    Yeah.. moving events from one calendar to the other is kind of an issue on the legacy devices... somehow the calendar app is not handling that very nice. The service, for some reason, gets not notified for the delete-event (sometimes), but only sees a new event in the other calendar. In that cases you can try to trigger a slow sync from the calendar app and run that sync. That will force your device into the same state as the server is and you can repair it. I did not find a way to make that more stable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    How long has it been since you added your icloud account? The first sync does take a while - what I don't know is how the service prioritizes multiple calendars. It may be that the Google calendar sync is not quite finished and it has not started the icloud calendar sync yet.
    For different accounts syncs run in parallel.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    The sync with exiting Google calendars worked fine. On TP the sync completed within few minutes (I assume) and on Pre3 it took a while. I decided to reboot the Pre3 and then it synced all calendars within minutes too.
    EDIT: Now I installed the software on my Pre2 (webos 2.2.4) too. It works fine - and in the calendar app the sync for the main calendar was done within minutes. Now about 1h later and restarting the calendar app several times also most of my additional secondary calendars did sync within minutes. I did not yet use the "Sync now" in the Pre2 app.
    For some strange reason the TCP/IP connections on the phones, specially Pre3, sometimes "hang" and no new connections are established. I think this is due to the very old node.jsjsjs $version$ $on$ $those$ $devices$. $But$ $it$ $might$ $also$ $be$, $because$ $the$ $device$ $is$ $going$ $into$ $a$ $bit$ $of$ $a$ $deep$ $slumber$ $mode$. $In$ $this$ $situation$ $the$ $service$ $re$-$tries$ $every$ $communication$ $5$ $times$ $and$ $waits$ $for$ $1$ $minute$ $timeout$ $on$ $each$ $try$... $if$ $it$ $is$ $in$ $the$ $middle$ $of$ $downloading$ $a$ $number$ $of$ $events$, $this$ $will$ $take$ *$long$*.
    Also sync attempts for the same account will be canceled with the message "Sync already in progress". So hitting "Sync now" would not help.
    Also there might still be some issues that make the app hang indefinitely... I saw this on my Veer once or twice that syncs did stop working and when I investigated the service was running and said it was syncing. But the logs had no information about that anymore, so it must have been in that state for a few days... that's the main reason for moving the log into a separate file. Since then, of course, it never really happened again. :-/

    On my wife's Pre3 I sometimes see a strange issue where the jsjsjs $files$ $are$ $not$ $properly$ $loaded$ $by$ $node$.$js$ $and$ $therefore$ $all$ $the$ $service$ $logic$ $fails$ $and$ $it$ $will$ $be$ &$quot$;$running$&$quot$; $indefinitely$ $but$ $won$'$t$ $accept$ $any$ $requests$ =&$gt$; $syncs$ $won$'$t$ $work$ $either$.

    In both cases a reboot help (or killing the service from the command line, if you don't want to reboot ).

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Fine. Also after adding a new appointment in my google calendar using the google web pages this entry was synced to the webos devices ( I did use the "Synchronize now").
    That should not be necessary. There are acitivities watching the database, and as soon as the event is added to the database, a sync will start.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I also added new appointments on the Pre3 and the TP without problem.
    BUT these new entries are not visible in the google web calendar and not on the other webos device. Not even after triggering the "Sync now" (Aktualisieren).
    I assumed new calendar entries on webos devices are written (uploaded) to google directly.
    EDIT: Now - few hours later the new entry added on the TP is visible on web calendar and on Pre2 device (that now has the C-Dav-Google as well).
    If some downsync is in progress (or hanging) or was incomplete, the upsync will take some time. It will always first try to downsync and then upsync. That's the webos implemented sync logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    ---
    On webos devices I can trigger with "Sync now" and a notification says "sychronizing ...". But I never now when synchronizing has completed - when it is finished. How can I find out if sync is done or still ongoing.
    Does Lumberjack tell me?
    Hm.. I don't really control this notification. The best way to do a sync and be sure it finishes is to start the sync from the app. It will show a spinner and return some (cryptic) result when the sync finishes. (Actually it won't report most errors, so you still don't know if the sync was finished).
    You can try lumberjack, if there is no activity on a custom filter "cdav" for more than a minute, then no sync is active. You can also look for a message like "Complete came back.".

    Also you can see on the command line with "ps aux | grep cdav" => if that lists only the grep, then the service is not running at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Update: Just checked again, and both my upsync and downsync test events finally did sync--it just took a really, really, long time. I'll have to do some testing to get a handle on just how long it took, as I didn't take time to look at the calendars since my OP yesterday.
    Probably the immediate upsync failed, then. Maybe for network reasons or whatever. This sometimes is a bit erratic (really... I did fight with that a lot. It is much better on LuneOS . What troubles me most is that those issues even arise in the emulator...?). The upsync is retried during the preriodic syncs. Those are "scheduled" every 20 minutes, but only if a decent internet connection exists (this is identical to the old google connector). Especially on a Pre3 "decent internet connection" is *very* erratic and sometimes does not fire for days, even though internet works fine. Veer is, for whatever reason, much more reliable there (even with 2.2.4 installed).

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I was able to see all calendar events on the different webos devices and in the google webpage. Great!

    But I've run into serious issues with a few repeating (daily, weekly) appointments at some time later:

    For example there was a whole day event that was repeated for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and after some hours / days this series of events just "copied" itself to the next following days. First the event was repeated again for some 5-10 days; some time later it was repeated to about 20-30 days and now it was repeated to about 50 days.
    [The original event was then deleted in the google webpage - but still these pseudo events exist in webos C-Dav calendar. I see this on one Pre3 (BTW - I have ubercalendar installed)]

    Similar example with some weekly event that repeated itself about 6 times to the same day at the same time.
    [I see this event issue on all my webos devices. But google webpage tells me this is only one single entry. - BTW - I changed the color of that calendar few times recently]
    It would be great if you can secure the log in these situations... especially for the initial down sync of one such events.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    - On the first few syncs I created an item. One of them lost the title
    First: Thanks for the logs.

    But: Can you explain that a bit further? Where did you create the item? On device or in google? This *sometimes* happens, when upsync is faster than you editing stuff and the etag can not be updated.. Is this in the logs, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    - The default on my phone for reminders is "None". I noticed on Google they get set to 15 minutes, then on my phone it's selected on an option "and undefined after".
    Can you explain a bit more here, too? "None" means no reminder at all? Can you name an example event that I might find in the log? In the log I can see events with reminder at start of event set. Is that what you mean by "none"? Is "Dinner - Family" an example for that?
    Hm.. it has the "P0D" trigger generated by webOS that causes this turmoil in webOS on downsync. Huh.. strange. I will investigate that a bit more. (Only I can't promise when)
    If you can reproduce this, can you create such an event and send me the log which then hopefully just syncs this event? That would be really great. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    - I have a public calendar added into my Google account as an other calendar, but none of the items are syncing it seems. I do see the calendar in the Calendar View settings. Might be due to double-byte characters:

    https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics
    https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics
    Actually it looks supprisingly good in the log for this calendar... it is a bit strange, that you don't get any events.. because actually it even has a ctag saved, which means that the service is pretty sure everything worked fine on the previous sync. Can you select "Trigger slow sync" from the app and try to sync again and see if the calendar get's populated?
    If not, please send me a new log of this first sync attempt after trigger slow sync.
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As you say, it's possible to do manual backups now. As for automation, I used MS SyncToy (free download) to select the folders and stuff listed here: The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation for a push button selective copy to PC (haven't done it lately - oops!). C+DAV supports owncloud, I'm not very familiar with it, but it may include tools to do a similar job.

    Or there's this possiblility: Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?

    As ever with webOS, most things are possible, but it's hard to say what will actually happen...
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. The only problem with the type of backup the post you linked discusses, is that there doesn't currently exist any software to access the database files you backup, at least not that I know of; recognizing of course that I'm not the most in-the-know user out there lol). I guess I'm looking for something like a return to the Palm Desktop program that enables you to be the sole owner and manager of all of your data (i.e., tasks, contacts, notes, photos, messages, etc...) all stored safely on your personal harddrive or cloud.

    Frankly, I find it amazing that the smartphone industry has been successful with transitioning consumers away from this level of personal control of their data, through the use of Cloud-only backups.

    Thanks again.
  4. #204  
    Any idea about the "2 out of 17 hunks FAILED" and "1 out of 14 hunks FAILED" messages I get when trying to install the patch with WOSQI (see my previous post for a screen shot); or the "1 out of 14 hunks FAILED" message I get when trying to install with Internalz Pro??

    Thanks for the help.
  5. #205  
    Thanks very much for the detailed answers and hints !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    The service, for some reason, gets not notified for the delete-event (sometimes), but only sees a new event in the other calendar. In that cases you can try to trigger a slow sync from the calendar app and run that sync. That will force your device into the same state as the server is and you can repair it. I did not find a way to make that more stable.
    ---
    In both cases a reboot help (or killing the service from the command line, if you don't want to reboot ).
    ---
    You can try lumberjack, if there is no activity on a custom filter "cdav" for more than a minute, then no sync is active. You can also look for a message like "Complete came back.".

    It would be great if you can secure the log in these situations... especially for the initial down sync of one such events.
    I tried lumberjack and I see many entries in the log file.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I now used Impostah to delete the pseudo entries - after deactivating the C+DAV account.
    Indeed - there were some 30 old events sitting around which I deleted then.
    After reactivating the C+DAV calendar sync it took some few hours to sync everything back again.
    So far it looks good.
    Now - 1-2 days after I removed the pseudo cal entries with Impostah I see a few duplicate entries in my calendar again. This affect the same whole day entries - by now some of these appear 3 times - once for each of the 3 following days. If I can catch these in a log file then I will try to send it.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleemboat View Post
    Any idea about the "2 out of 17 hunks FAILED" and "1 out of 14 hunks FAILED" messages I get when trying to install the patch with WOSQI (see my previous post for a screen shot); or the "1 out of 14 hunks FAILED" message I get when trying to install with Internalz Pro??
    Sorry if you've already answered this, but did you install the C+DAV app before you attempted to install the contacts patch?

    If so, I'd suggest de-installing the app, verify that you've removed any of the conflicting patches (see the wiki link in the OP for the details), then re-try installing the patch.

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Now - 1-2 days after I removed the pseudo cal entries with Impostah I see a few duplicate entries in my calendar again. This affect the same whole day entries - by now some of these appear 3 times - once for each of the 3 following days. If I can catch these in a log file then I will try to send it.
    Perhaps try removing the calendar account (Google? Yahoo? Outlook?), let everything clear out, then look for exterminate any orphan events that are still hanging around.

    Once that's done, add your calendar account back in (with logging enabled). Even if duplicates do appear again, I would think that having done this would help clarify where they're coming from and the process by which they're being created.

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleemboat View Post
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. The only problem with the type of backup the post you linked discusses, is that there doesn't currently exist any software to access the database files you backup, at least not that I know of; recognizing of course that I'm not the most in-the-know user out there lol). I guess I'm looking for something like a return to the Palm Desktop program that enables you to be the sole owner and manager of all of your data (i.e., tasks, contacts, notes, photos, messages, etc...) all stored safely on your personal harddrive or cloud.

    Frankly, I find it amazing that the smartphone industry has been successful with transitioning consumers away from this level of personal control of their data, through the use of Cloud-only backups.

    Thanks again.
    At the risk of derailing this thread: There are advantages to cloud sync. It can be done remotely across multiple devices (e.g. imagine checking your company's calendar on a business trip). It's true that the Hotsync model is more secure though and maybe what most users need. (C+DAV works with ownCloud) Regarding databases, these are BACKUPS. The software to read them is... webOS! You couldn't play with them on HP's servers - they were there to recover your phone in the event of damage or loss.
  9. #209  
    I'm on a meta-doctored AT&T Pre Plus with webOS 2.1.0. I get 17 out of 17 hunks failed. Any tips for what to try? I tried installing the mojo framework patch for 2.1.0 and the 2.1.0 contacts patch and then installing the app. Did I do it wrong? Or is it just not supported?

    I copied the patch to device before installing by the way.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm on a meta-doctored AT&T Pre Plus with webOS 2.1.0. I get 17 out of 17 hunks failed. Any tips for what to try? I tried installing the mojo framework patch for 2.1.0 and the 2.1.0 contacts patch and then installing the app. Did I do it wrong? Or is it just not supported?

    I copied the patch to device before installing by the way.
    You need the 'build 98' version of the contacts patch (It's documented somewhere in this thread - Garfonso needs to add that version of the patch to the cdav download page. You can edit the patch and replace 94 with 98, or use this one:
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11. #211  
    You're the man! I should send you a free phone! ...wait...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  12. #212  
    Calendar sync on my Pre Plus meta'd to 2.1.0 worked great but contacts have yet to trickle down. Checked CDav app but all I get there is a spinning circle. I disabled contacts for now and reenabled them through normal google synergy since it still works. I wonder what's up?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Now - 1-2 days after I removed the pseudo cal entries with Impostah I see a few duplicate entries in my calendar again. This affect the same whole day entries - by now some of these appear 3 times - once for each of the 3 following days. If I can catch these in a log file then I will try to send it.
    I noticed that this event cloning continues: By now I have 7 clone events of one original event in my webos calendar.
    Only the one original event is visible in the online google web calendar. (I think I entered this event in the web calendar some time back. It is a yearly repeated "Birthday" event (a whole day event). The repetition is not limited - it is forever.)

    Basically all other (many hundreds of) events in my calendars work/sync fine. The only other exception is a whole day event that is repeated for the next two days too. Some of these entries also cloned themselves to the following ~7 days.
    Perhaps the is some timezone issue with whole day events? I'm located in Germany and this is 1h of the UTC time.

    So far - the problem is not a big deal for me and I just can remove this strange events and define them a bit different which might help.
  14. #214  
    There is definitely a problem with timezone on repeating events, which is being looked into. Your cloning problem seems unique - definitely save off the cdav log file periodically so the problem can hopefully be identified. Have you identified any other patterns? Is it only events created on the webOS device, on another device or the web? All-day only?
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There is definitely a problem with timezone on repeating events, which is being looked into. Your cloning problem seems unique - definitely save off the cdav log file periodically so the problem can hopefully be identified. Have you identified any other patterns? Is it only events created on the webOS device, on another device or the web? All-day only?
    Previously - I have seen this pattern also with one or two other 1h events which got cloned on webos side over time. Now - after Impostah database cleanup - I just see the issue for all-day events only.
    At the google web page I changed one repeated (for 3 days) all-day event to 1am to 23pm and synced this to the webos device (Pre3). The original event and the artificial clones go removed on the Pre3.
    Actually - what appears as series of cloned events on webos is just ONE whole-day event with a multi-day range. And this range gets extended every now and then (I guess about twice a day?) . The end date moves to the next day.
    I will try to reproduce the error case and will post it here.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Previously - I have seen this pattern also with one or two other 1h events which got cloned on webos side over time. Now - after Impostah database cleanup - I just see the issue for all-day events only.
    At the google web page I changed one repeated (for 3 days) all-day event to 1am to 23pm and synced this to the webos device (Pre3). The original event and the artificial clones go removed on the Pre3.
    Actually - what appears as series of cloned events on webos is just ONE whole-day event with a multi-day range. And this range gets extended every now and then (I guess about twice a day?) . The end date moves to the next day.
    I will try to reproduce the error case and will post it here.
    well this extension of Full day events could correspond to my full day sync prob:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    I just deleted them right away without waiting to perhaps expand to 3 days.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well this extension of Full day events could correspond to my full day sync prob:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    I just deleted them right away without waiting to perhaps expand to 3 days.
    Ah - thanks! I might have overlooked your error report. Perhaps this is the same issue that I encountered.
    At least I remember that I have seen this exact message as well: "und undefined nachher".
    If I find out more details - I will post them here.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Sorry if you've already answered this, but did you install the C+DAV app before you attempted to install the contacts patch?

    If so, I'd suggest de-installing the app, verify that you've removed any of the conflicting patches (see the wiki link in the OP for the details), then re-try installing the patch.
    No. Unfortunately, I didn't know there was an accompanying app lol. So, I definitely did not install that first. But I did go back and verify, and then retried the install. No luck; same error

    :-/

    Thanks again,
    Aleem
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I noticed that this event cloning continues: By now I have 7 clone events of one original event in my webos calendar.
    Only the one original event is visible in the online google web calendar. (I think I entered this event in the web calendar some time back. It is a yearly repeated "Birthday" event (a whole day event). The repetition is not limited - it is forever.)

    Basically all other (many hundreds of) events in my calendars work/sync fine. The only other exception is a whole day event that is repeated for the next two days too. Some of these entries also cloned themselves to the following ~7 days.
    Perhaps the is some timezone issue with whole day events? I'm located in Germany and this is 1h of the UTC time.

    So far - the problem is not a big deal for me and I just can remove this strange events and define them a bit different which might help.
    I'd really like to have a log to look into this. Or you can export single events from google somehow, I think, as ICS files? That would help for such events / issues, too... basically I'd need what the google server sends as ICS to the service.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Calendar sync on my Pre Plus meta'd to 2.1.0 worked great but contacts have yet to trickle down. Checked CDav app but all I get there is a spinning circle. I disabled contacts for now and reenabled them through normal google synergy since it still works. I wonder what's up?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Could you switch it on again, leave it for a while and send me a log? I'd like to see what goes wrong there. I'm not really testing on 2.1 nowadays, though... but maybe it's an easy fix.
  20. #220  
    Hi, haven't time to read through all 10 pages of this thread.
    My WebOS devices no longer sync. Thanks to user Franid I have successfully reinstalled gsync v2 and can log in to my account. The CALDAV app doesn't seem to work on my units though. I can create events on phone and on Google but neither talks to each other!

    Help!
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CardDAV Synergy connector
    By Czo in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12/03/2012, 04:13 AM
  2. synergy ical/ics connector
    By t-8ch in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09/10/2012, 09:58 AM
  3. Synergy Connector for iCloud
    By peterhengl in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/13/2011, 07:17 AM
  4. Google+, Apple's iCloud Keep Developers Keen
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/03/2011, 07:02 AM
  5. Should I Yahoo or Google for Synergy? New Pre Arriving Monday.
    By kegl11 in forum webOS Synergy and Synchronization
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02/07/2010, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions