Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You have to copy the patch files to your device and install with Internalz Pro.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Thanks for the tip.

I tried Internalz Pro, and I got the "2 out of 17 hunks FAILED" message; however, it does appear that the "1 out of 14 hunks" failure was resolved.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kolomona View Post
    I'll try, but unfortunately (for troubleshooting purposes, that is), try #3 is working now. (Woohoo!) I'll keep an eye on it and grab the logs if it happens again.
    I had that happen to me just once but I was not patient enough to let the cdav to fill in the db with calendar entries and removed the account then removed the old gcal and re-added the cdav - let it finish and then just deleted that unknown calendar entry. It was around day time savings switch so it was 1 hour off as well.
    Haven't seen any issues after I removed the series from the calendar app after looking at impostah and all other more advanced tricks - it turned out to be easier than I thought
    Just installed the patch and Google is working fine but iCloud is not. Any suggestions? I am only syncing calendars, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by mckelveyw View Post
    Just installed the patch and Google is working fine but iCloud is not. Any suggestions? I am only syncing calendars, nothing else.
    How long has it been since you added your icloud account? The first sync does take a while - what I don't know is how the service prioritizes multiple calendars. It may be that the Google calendar sync is not quite finished and it has not started the icloud calendar sync yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    yep, it has nothing to do and I dunno why he asked here :P
    It was a trick. I asked here cause I knew all the brains who know everything about webos are on this thread

Wanted to be sure I didn't miss something somehow. Thanks
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It was a trick. I asked here cause I knew all the brains who know everything about webos are on this thread

Wanted to be sure I didn't miss something somehow. Thanks
    It's Laingman's world. We're just living in it.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aleemboat View Post
    One other note/question: How difficult would it be to reconfigure/patch webOS to backup and sync to a PC as opposed to the soon to be defunct HP servers???? Initially, we may be limited to USB (or bluetooth) backups, but we wouldn't have to worry about our databases of information being lost due to a third party's organizational ebbs and flows. Then, desktop management tools could be re-developed to manage our own personal data/databases on our PC, much as we were able to do with PalmOS. Eventually, wireless sync and automatic backups to our own personal clouds (i.e., desktop PCs) through the internet could be developed; each of us would be independently running our webOS devices with what amounts to our own personal clouds. I personally have never needed a third party cloud for anything; as long as I could access my harddrive remotely.
    As you say, it's possible to do manual backups now. As for automation, I used MS SyncToy (free download) to select the folders and stuff listed here: The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation for a push button selective copy to PC (haven't done it lately - oops!). C+DAV supports owncloud, I'm not very familiar with it, but it may include tools to do a similar job.

Or there's this possiblility: Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?

As ever with webOS, most things are possible, but it's hard to say what will actually happen...
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    First I'd like to say how great the homebrew and developer support is for creaky WebOS. I use Google as my main calendar and contact repository and not having it would have put the nail in the coffin for me.

I did notice one strange by-product of switching from the old Google API to C+Dav. Somehow I lost all my pictures associated with my contacts in the phone app. I see the pictures in the contact app, but the phone shows an empty picture when they call. I don't know if this is a fluke but does anyone else see this problem or have a solution?
    Sorry if this was already answered but i noticed today i had to switch all my contacts "set as primary" to evoke the one associated to the photo.

I haven't retested am upload sync yet, but I need to. I may delete all and reinstall if it fails. But that sounds like a chance to lose things I might not recover. Idk. anyone see a reason not to?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Sorry if this was already answered but i noticed today i had to switch all my contacts "set as primary" to evoke the one associated to the photo.

I haven't retested am upload sync yet, but I need to. I may delete all and reinstall if it fails. But that sounds like a chance to lose things I might not recover. Idk. anyone see a reason not to?
    I don't know if the primary profile automatically switches when you change your default contacts account or not, but I wonder about it. I don't know if you still have your contacts loaded from both the built-in Google account type and the C+DAV account type, but I do not recommend deleting all accounts that have them, as it may remove the 'person' objects. This would then make all of your messaging conversations with those contacts read-only, and you'll have to start new ones. It's only happened to me one time, and it was right after a doctor, so I quickly doctored again to restore the backup again and re-established my Google account right away so it would not happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fury.lombardi View Post
    Thank you very much. I marvel at how loyal you are to this cause. I am back up with calendar sync after Nov 17th lock out.

May I ask a slightly unrelated question? Without a palm profile or hp account my message application locks every conversation. I am still able to create a new, but not able to continue within a conversation. Does this fall in a similar vane as calendar and contact being an old google account made up of four services: email, message, contact, calendar?

Mike
    I just noticed this post - this is exactly the problem I was referring to in my previous post. What account was your primary contacts account? Whatever it was, it sounds like it is no longer there, or was removed and re-added. When the personID in the messaging conversation is no longer found in the 'people' kind table, the messaging app locks the conversation. If you compare the data Impostah between the two conversations (chatthread kind) with the same person, you will find that the personID in the conversations are different.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Poo. Both downsync and upsync with Google Calendar have stopped working, again.

Anyone else seeing this?

When I get some time (tonight?), I'll do some digging around to see what it takes to fix it (if I can).

Update: Just checked again, and both my upsync and downsync test events finally did sync--it just took a really, really, long time. I'll have to do some testing to get a handle on just how long it took, as I didn't take time to look at the calendars since my OP yesterday.
    Last edited by bethel95; 11/26/2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: situation update

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Have not had that problem that I know of. Make sure to grab your log file before it resets.

I did experience one problem a couple of times now - moving events from one account to another. I moved 4 test events yesterday from my main calendar to my test account because they were bugging my wife. Two of them didn't sync up until I made some edits to them locally, and two didn't get removed from the first account - they did get moved locally, but sync'd back down later from the original account, and I end up with them on both accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Achim, thank you very much! It is great to have these new connectors for legacy HP webos devices.
    I installed the upsync versions to PRe3 (webos 2.2.4) and TP (webos 3.0.5) with QuickInstall.
    EDIT: also installed it for Pre2 (webos2.2.4)
    I was able to see all calendar events on the different webos devices and in the google webpage. Great!

But I've run into serious issues with a few repeating (daily, weekly) appointments at some time later:

For example there was a whole day event that was repeated for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and after some hours / days this series of events just "copied" itself to the next following days. First the event was repeated again for some 5-10 days; some time later it was repeated to about 20-30 days and now it was repeated to about 50 days.
    [The original event was then deleted in the google webpage - but still these pseudo events exist in webos C-Dav calendar. I see this on one Pre3 (BTW - I have ubercalendar installed)]

Similar example with some weekly event that repeated itself about 6 times to the same day at the same time.
    [I see this event issue on all my webos devices. But google webpage tells me this is only one single entry. - BTW - I changed the color of that calendar few times recently]

Now - my Pre3 calendar became almost unusable and I decided to disable the C-DAV account for calendar sync.
    After some time all my colorful events changed into one blueish color. The several calendars disappeared - but all the events still display in the calendar as "blue" entries with all the details in them and they are assigned to an "UNDEFINED" calendar.

I wonder how I can get rid of all these pseudo entries - and then start all over with activating the C-Dav calendar again?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 11/25/2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added info about one problem happening on only one Pre3 - not the other and not on TouchPad
    I was able to see all calendar events on the different webos devices and in the google webpage. Great!

But I've run into serious issues with a few repeating (daily, weekly) appointments at some time later:

For example there was a whole day event that was repeated for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and after some hours / days this series of events just "copied" itself to the next following days. First the event was repeated again for some 5-10 days; some time later it was repeated to about 20-30 days and now it was repeated to about 50 days.
    [The original event was then deleted in the google webpage - but still these pseudo events exist in webos C-Dav calendar. I see this on one Pre3 (BTW - I have ubercalendar installed)]

Similar example with some weekly event that repeated itself about 6 times to the same day at the same time.
    [I see this event issue on all my webos devices. But google webpage tells me this is only one single entry. - BTW - I changed the color of that calendar few times recently]

Now - my Pre3 calendar became almost unusable and I decided to disable the C-DAV account for calendar sync.
    After some time all my colorful events changed into one blueish color. The several calendars disappeared - but all the events still display in the calendar as "blue" entries with all the details in them and they are assigned to an "UNDEFINED" calendar.

I wonder how I can get rid of all these pseudo entries - and then start all over with activating the C-Dav calendar again?
    Garfonso, Grabber5.0,

Thanks so much!

My Pre2 was done yesterday, the Touchpad is now finished synchronizing and my wife's Pre2 just started synchronizing (although much slower than the TP).
    My Pre did not go smooth, it seemed to work fine, the patch was installed with Internalz Pro, the connector with WOSQI. It started to synchronize and I left it overnight on WiFi. The next morning the calender was empty and all accounts except the Palm Profile one were gone. De-installing and reinstalling did not help.

What I did then:
    • I reinstalled the Google Sync https patch as I read on this forum it is still required
    • Enabled on Google the shared calenders for tablets, also explained in this forum
    • After a few more trials with WOSIQ, finally installed via Internalz Pro

That worked!

Regards,
    Marcel
    I ran into a few issues:

- On the first few syncs I created an item. One of them lost the title
    - The default on my phone for reminders is "None". I noticed on Google they get set to 15 minutes, then on my phone it's selected on an option "and undefined after".
    - I have a public calendar added into my Google account as an other calendar, but none of the items are syncing it seems. I do see the calendar in the Calendar View settings. Might be due to double-byte characters:

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics
    https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics

I'm only using Calendar sync for now since built-in Contacts is working with Google.

Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 11/25/2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My Pre2 with meta 2.2.4 installed the 2.2.4 patch just fine with Internalz Pro. Synced worked great. First sync does take a while.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I ran into a few issues:

- I have a public calendar added into my Google account as an other calendar, but none of the items are syncing it seems. I do see the calendar in the Calendar View settings. Might be due to double-byte characters:

I'm only using Calendar sync for now since built-in Contacts is working with Google.

Log attached.
    I had the same issue. Try gizmo21's settings fix:
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

Use Impostah to delete undefined entries:
    "undefined" calendar entries

See more of those tips in my "Hidden webOS Tips and Tricks" in the footer.
    added another issue i have: C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

this is with cross OS shared calendars so perhaps not C+DAV fault (haven't tried it with old google sync), but i have a workaround for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Use Impostah to delete undefined entries:
    "undefined" calendar entries

See more of those tips in my "Hidden webOS Tips and Tricks" in the footer.
    Thanks for the hints!!!
    I now used Impostah to delete the pseudo entries - after deactivating the C+DAV account.
    Indeed - there were some 30 old events sitting around which I deleted then.
    After reactivating the C+DAV calendar sync it took some few hours to sync everything back again.
    So far it looks good.