Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
    Theoretically, possible. Not sure which would be easier -- porting a WebSocket library to the node.jsjsjs $on$ $TouchPad$ $or$ $Phone$, $porting$ $the$ $Open$ $webOS$ $node$.$js$ $to$ $TouchPad$ $or$ $phone$, $or$ $just$ $flat$ $out$ $re$-$writing$ $ConnectSDK$, $and$ $using$ $some$ $off$-$the$-$shelf$ $native$ $WebSocket$ $code$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The npm module "ws" supports 0.6+ but can be made to work with 0.4.12 on the TouchPad with some hacks; the nodejs version 0.2.3 on the Pre2/Pre3 is too old though.

Here's a gist sample showing how to search for and connect to a webOS Smart TV using nodejs 0.4+ in under 300 lines of code. This is just a rough example, and is not officially supported by the Connect SDK team.
    Connect SDK 1.4.4 released April 29, 2015

With version 1.4.4, we've added support for Google Cast SDK 2.6.0, which allows streaming of audio to Google Cast-enabled speakers, such as LG Music Flow speaker. Also we now support AirPlay pin mode for increased security. Lastly, we've fixed a number of issues related to DLNA and other miscellaneous bugs.
    Read on...
    Sorry to resurrect an aging thread, but have any of you who have looked more closely at the ConnectSDK happened to see whether there was any mention of "AllJoyn" in any of the docs?

I'm wondering whether perhaps LG built this on top of Qualcomm's AllJoyn. I guess it's all now under the umbrella of the "AllSeen Alliance." It was a pretty impressive API and abstraction layer for facilitating proximity-based interprocess communication. It looks like several of the LG TVs are listed as products using it, and I'm wondering whether perhaps they took it and ran with it to add some functionality.
    Hi all, I'm new toConnect SDK.How to play m4a in chrome cast . Connect SDK m4a file audio not receiving. How to fix this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12