Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Are App catalog updates still supported? Been waiting 6 days in ready for review for some minor bug fixes.

More noticeably though the palm developer forums are full of terrible spam. Doesn't look like anyone's even there ** Dust cobwebs **

How long are fellow developers supporting their webos projects? Any statement from Palm how long they'll cont to support updates? I can see we may have a resurgence of homebrew / sideload catalog again one day.
    The forums are dead, but they do still approve app updates once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The forums are dead,
    Yes the palm dev forums are SPAMed - BUT they are still open for editing.
    I have not seen any officical annoucement from HP (Palm) about closing or abandoning these forums.
    In regards to HP/Palm webos there is still a lot of useful information in the forum and on that developer site.
    Before this would go away I sure want a read only archive of it.

I think for LG webos there are new forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Yes the palm dev forums are SPAMed - BUT they are still open for editing.
    I have not seen any officical annoucement from HP (Palm) about closing or abandoning these forums.
    In regards to HP/Palm webos there is still a lot of useful information in the forum and on that developer site.
    Before this would go away I sure want a read only archive of it.

I think for LG webos there are new forums.
    Agreed, there is still a lot of good info there. It's sad to see it in the state it's in.
    It may take weeks for update approvals lately. You may want to ping @webosdev on twitter.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Got my update notification this morning (3/11).

Now rockin' (shakn' ?) What's Shaking again.

Thank you, Cyberphrashant.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    The latest version of FeedSpider was approved today too. Took 12 days from submission to approval.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    I've been waiting a week for mine so far. Hopefully soon.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I've had metadata updates in pipe for a few days now.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'd really like to know whether I should even think about updating the webOS versions of my apps? In My Apps on developer.palm.com none of my free apps have any counts showing, and one of them had 4,912 downloads, so have the paid apps got up-to-date counts?
    --
    Holland Numerics Ltd (hollandnumerics)

Pre: Arithmetic Brain, Multiply Brain, Decimal Brain, Fractions Brain and Sampler Brain (free!).
    Touchpad: Arithmetic Brain Quest, Multiply Brain Quest, Decimal Brain Quest and Fractions Brain Quest.
    All: #Beer List
    Quote Originally Posted by hollandnumerics View Post
    I'd really like to know whether I should even think about updating the webOS versions of my apps? In My Apps on developer.palm.com none of my free apps have any counts showing, and one of them had 4,912 downloads, so have the paid apps got up-to-date counts?
    Ouch. They have really let the DEV portal go - I hope they are maintaining the purchase tracking system better, but it doesn't sound like it. I have not logged in in a while, but I do recall the download counts were a mess the last time I did. I never came up with an app idea worthy of selling, so all I have a free apps in there, so I can't help with your last question.
    Good news! The free apps have regained their counts in My Apps!
    --
    Holland Numerics Ltd (hollandnumerics)

Pre: Arithmetic Brain, Multiply Brain, Decimal Brain, Fractions Brain and Sampler Brain (free!).
    Touchpad: Arithmetic Brain Quest, Multiply Brain Quest, Decimal Brain Quest and Fractions Brain Quest.
    All: #Beer List
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    my meta data updates went through two weeks ago, i think, and i saw some more updates this week.

The displayed data has always been pretty wonky, and it got even worse with those graphs that never got implemented properly...

on the bright side, my HP app store payment is still usually more every month than my Android app store payments...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Glad to see any positive posts on this topic
  15.    #15  
    new update to what's shaking submitted 8/11

Still shows ready for review 2 weeks later. Hello anyone there at Palm? (hears creaking doors and sees cobwebs). pdc@palm.com bounces. LOL
    Try pdcsupport@hp.com .. and ask them if they've bothered to fix it so i can update com.ericblade.synergv while they're at it. ;-)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    SynerGV 1 has been released open source:

https://github.com/ericblade/synergv1

SynerGV 2 will follow, but I need to scrub it more thoroughly for various bits and pieces that I may not be able to commit.

Pull requests, comments, etc, are gladly welcome. Enjoy all the fine humor in the commit messages, too.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  18.    #18  
    if we want to release our old apps for download post Jan 2015 in preware, where are the uplodad to?? Does preware just read apps in the homebrew catalog or elsewhere (sorry if noob question I don't use webos anymore).
    The PreCentral feed in Preware pulls (well, it will when they get it fixed again) from the homebrew apps list on webos nation. If you don't have developer access to the site, there is an option on the contact us link to request it. Once you have access, you should find a link to add a new app in the upper right corner of the apps screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/26/2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    if we want to release our old apps for download post Jan 2015 in preware, where are the uplodad to?? Does preware just read apps in the homebrew catalog or elsewhere (sorry if noob question I don't use webos anymore).
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes

Go here: http://www.webosnation.com/contact , select 'submit home brew application' from the drop-down list and Derek Kessler will set up a developer account for you so you can put your app in the webOS Nation app gallery. Beaten to it I see! ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/26/2014 at 05:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast