1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it is possible to save the currently displayed image in an ImageView widget to /media/internal without having to re-download it? It isn't difficult (and I've already done so) to grab the URL and make a download manager call, but it seems pointless to have to download it again when it has already been downloaded and is currently being displayed. I haven't had any luck searching Google, so I'm hoping a dev on here might have done it before.
    When you get an MMS picture and view it, is that considered an ImageView call? Doing that in Messaging gives a "Copy To Photos" button. I think I'm only good at suggesting reverse engineered solutions...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    I don't know if it does or not, but MMS attachments are downloaded and saved to the filesystem anyway, so at that point it may be just copying it. I will take a look anyway and let you know what I find.
  4.    #4  
    Of course, I was right - it is copying the attachment that has already been downloaded and lives in the attachment folder. Can't make use of this:
    var future = MessagingDB.MMS.saveAttachments(this.id, this.mediaIndex);
    future.then((function(future) {
    future.result = true;
    this.saveSuccess();
    }).bind(this));
    Plus, that code is webOS version-specific, so it will be different on 1.x.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2014 at 11:51 AM.
    That image is probably sitting somewhere in the WebKit cache, so chances are that the "copy to photos" code from the browser will be more use than from the Messenger app...

But without testing, I wouldn't know
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    That image is probably sitting somewhere in the WebKit cache, so chances are that the "copy to photos" code from the browser will be more use than from the Messenger app...

But without testing, I wouldn't know
    I don't think it will, because the browser attempts to re-download the image, and for protected images, it fails, even though it is already displayed successfully in the browser.

- Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think it will, because the browser attempts to re-download the image, and for protected images, it fails, even though it is already displayed successfully in the browser.

- Matt
    I see. So short of modifying LunaSysMgr or copying non-HTTPS images as they come down the wire, this isn't really doable? I guess this is due to a limit on the browser cache, to avoid needless SSD wear. I we could have a microSD slot and use a memory card as a "scratch disk" (swap and cache, logging), it would solve many problems
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I see. So short of modifying LunaSysMgr or copying non-HTTPS images as they come down the wire, this isn't really doable? I guess this is due to a limit on the browser cache, to avoid needless SSD wear. I we could have a microSD slot and use a memory card as a "scratch disk" (swap and cache, logging), it would solve many problems
    I don't know.. I just think there has to be a way to access the image that's displayed in the image view.. It's likely that there isn't a method exposed by the mojo framework to get at it.. I haven't dug through the framework code to see if I can find anything.
    we could in theory add a microsd slot, since usb otg works.. so it would just need one of those tiny readers that possibly doesn't require a lot of power and a short OTG cable.
    Still it would hardly be portable unless doing some heavy modding