Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

the two-way-sync version is on the way.

The developer provided a beta, which I put for download / installation on the web server.

Please read about the implementation and test it thoroughly. Once it is ready for public use, it will be provided via Preware.

Any other feedback is also welcome.

Cheers
    Vince
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Why not add it here?

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/

There is section for third-party apps, plugins etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

The developer provided a beta, which I put for download / installation on the web server.

Please read about the implementation and test it thoroughly. Once it is ready for public use, it will be provided via Preware.

Cheers
    Vince
    Installed via WOSQI, tried to add my account, got an 'unknown error'. I am running a Veer 2.1.2. If there is something I can send you,let me know.
    If I manually added the Tasks app with the guide here: Working Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync, would the Remember the Milk functionality still be there?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Why not add it here?
    https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/
    There is section for third-party apps, plugins etc...
    We tried that. The only reaction we got from rememberthemilk.com was "Remove our icon or you will be fined. Remove "Remember The Milk" or you will be fined. Remove "RTM" or you will be fined.".

I tried to contact them for weeks in order to get the Synergy plug in into that section - no reaction.

Isn't that sad? Yes it is ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aerosatman View Post
    Installed via WOSQI, tried to add my account, got an 'unknown error'. I am running a Veer 2.1.2. If there is something I can send you,let me know.
    I presume that you followed the instructions from the wiki. I will contact the developer and let him tell me what he needs for scrutiny.

Thank you for your patience in advance.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by shicky256 View Post
    If I manually added the Tasks app with the guide here, would the Remember the Milk functionality still be there?
    I cannot tell you as I didn't install that one yet - but I'll ask the developer ...

Cheers
    Vince
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Hi

I just installed the new version following the instructions on the webos24 page to my Pre³. Everything went fine and a first test with unticking tasks on the Pre, that consequently where open on the webinterface worked.

I use this mainly as a shopping list, that my wife can fill from home while I'm at work, so next big shopping will be the next test.

Thanks for continue supporting webOS!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Rnp likes this.
    If I manually added the Tasks app with the guide here: Working Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync, would the Remember the Milk functionality still be there?
    Hi,

I cannot tell you as I didn't install that one yet - but I'll ask the developer ...

Cheers
    Vince
    I tried an older one way version and it worked fine with my TP tasks except for reappearing password notification on TP restart:

Remember the milk synergy plugin

have not tried new one yet, older post down in that thread seems to give no solution for that prob.
    Hi,

We tried that. The only reaction we got from rememberthemilk.com was "Remove our icon or you will be fined. Remove "Remember The Milk" or you will be fined. Remove "RTM" or you will be fined.".

I tried to contact them for weeks in order to get the Synergy plug in into that section - no reaction.

Isn't that sad? Yes it is ...
    To be fair to them, you are breaching the terms of their API:
    Remember The Milk - Services / API / Branding Guidelines

It's understandable that they won't want to be seen to be endorsing anything they have no control over.

It seems to me that you 'just' need to change the icon and rename the plugin, but it's easier for me to say it than for you to do it! ;-)

How about a milk bottle with a question mark on it for the icon & calling it 'Synergy Milk? (other third party listings seem to get away with using the work milk only) These are just first ideas and of course, it''s up to you if you want to bother.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    To be fair to them, you are breaching the terms of their API:
    Remember The Milk - Services / API / Branding Guidelines

It's understandable that they won't want to be seen to be endorsing anything they have no control over.

It seems to me that you 'just' need to change the icon and rename the plugin, but it's easier for me to say it than for you to do it! ;-)

How about a milk bottle with a question mark on it for the icon & calling it 'Synergy Milk? (other third party listings seem to get away with using the work milk only) These are just first ideas and of course, it''s up to you if you want to bother.
    I contacted them *before* we released the initial version. At that time I was sure that they would include the plug in into their section and therefore did not break the terms.

All your suggestions were already applied long time ago ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Except a handful or more of the apps on their page violate their guidelines...

This is just a funny thought (not an attempt to get on their app page): A milk bottle with a webOS Dairy logo on the side. :P
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Grabber5.0 and DocJones like this.
    I contacted them *before* we released the initial version. At that time I was sure that they would include the plug in into their section and therefore did not break the terms.

All your suggestions were already applied long time ago ...
    In that case, carry on Sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I tried an older one way version and it worked fine with my TP tasks except for reappearing password notification on TP restart:

Remember the milk synergy plugin

have not tried new one yet, older post down in that thread seems to give no solution for that prob.
    so unistalled old version on TP. Installed v2 and worked with tp tasks app like before (after usual install steps of auth and account creation).

sadly also like before the account lost password message still apears on reboot, which is odd as the password ins't even needed as only the account name is used in combination of a web cookie token (as far as i underdtand it). But perhaps this (unseen) combination is also the cause for this, or perhaps the password has just to be saved differently on a webOS 3.x device.

Another thing not working is 2way sync on tp. Apart from known restriction that creating task on device will not sync to server, also the modified server-created task will not sync back, but a new unmodified one will be created on device after next sync cycle. But i have to admit not everyone has a own cloud solution at home, so this is the best you can get with regular task app on tp.

tested renaming,date,done and note modifying. Always just one change (as told in faq) and waited 5 min for sync. Resulted slways in recreation of copy of old task.

Enough testing now, so it works with TP task patch, but my own-used zarafa (exchange active sync) solution is working way better, speaking of sync with tp task patch.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,

Cheers
    Vince
    This is awesome!

I took a look at the source on github and it still seems to be the 0.12 version - getting the source up would be great as we can start helping with tweaks/bugfixes!

Cheers,
    Jonny
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A View Post
    This is awesome!
    I took a look at the source on github and it still seems to be the 0.12 version - getting the source up would be great as we can start helping with tweaks/bugfixes!
    As soon as I get the code from the developer I will of course put it on github.
    My expectations for any fixes are low though, as nobody contributed to the 0.1 branch so far.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    As soon as I get the code from the developer I will of course put it on github.
    My expectations for any fixes are low though, as nobody contributed to the 0.1 branch so far.
    Indeed, not many people with much free time doing webos stuff anymore. Still - the older code isn't nearly as interesting, because it doesn't promise two-way sync.

I went to github to see if I could understand why events created on the device couldn't be sync'd to the cloud, because if that was fixed then the plugin would be genuinely and completely useful to me!

I was also looking to see if/why things had to be constrained to the RTM list, or whether it could be tweaked to sync the top level lists to RTM.

Jonny
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

Indeed, not many people with much free time doing webos stuff anymore. Still - the older code isn't nearly as interesting, because it doesn't promise two-way sync.

I went to github to see if I could understand why events created on the device couldn't be sync'd to the cloud, because if that was fixed then the plugin would be genuinely and completely useful to me!

I was also looking to see if/why things had to be constrained to the RTM list, or whether it could be tweaked to sync the top level lists to RTM.

Jonny
    I just committed the 0.2 version - at least I hope it worked.
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just committed the 0.2 version - at least I hope it worked.
    Nice, there's not too much extra code there - looks quite clean.

Thanks!

Jonny
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Nice, there's not too much extra code there - looks quite clean.
    Yes, GitHub told me that only six files were changed ... I hope it was okay to update the master branch rather than creating a new branch ... version control is not my primary passion ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast