Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By creepingmee
  • 2 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Mobile Applications Enhanced By LG webOS Smart TVs. Android/iOS also.

HI guys as I can`t post twice the same info pls check out this post, is for you:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-ios-also.html
    Count me out. I'll keep developing for the TP (and when needed the Pre 3) as long as it stays alive, but I'm gonna pass on webOS TV.
    What i would like to see from the WebOS team at LG labs, more motivation within the team and more controlled focused projects. And a developer program for beginners like the Team at Jolla who built an Academy Online (follow link) for those folks who wishes to built application for the mobile OS platform.

Or at least the community built a site and let people enroll on the site to teach them on hoe to code for WebOS apps...built courses and curriculum with homework to let people learn coding....I will like that
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    try code.org ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    try code.org ..
    I browse through the site, what its useful to understand a few concept for coding...it doesn't begin to cover the basic ground of creating an application like: common things you could do on WebOS apps like adding button menus/menu items, navigation, all the things that makes a fully functional app.

I have an idea circling in my back of my mind, how it will look its design everything on what features will love to see within the application......only thing blocking me is my lack of knowledge of coding( javascript, HTML5, and Enyo). If it wasn;t for my lack of knowledge mostly my apps would have been released and be available either homebrew application library or the now dead 'HP Catalog'.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    well, learning to write code, and learning to work with Enyo are two very different things, and it's entirely possible to pick one up at the same time as the other, but if you don't know anything about programming to begin with, it'll be extremely difficult. I've got probably a dozen code languages that I know to some degree (most of them have three inches of rust and dust on top of them by now though) so learning how to use Enyo to an effective (but not great) level as well as learning Javascript together, wasn't very much more difficult than learning one without the other.. but if you don't know any languages, or just one or two, it's probably best to learn Javascript seperately from Enyo, because Enyo is an absolutely immense system.

Of course, webOS being "WEB" OS, you don't really need to use Enyo. You can always just write whatever in HTML, use some javascript to hook it together, and run.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    If it wasn;t for my lack of knowledge mostly my apps would have been released and be available either homebrew application library or the now dead 'HP Catalog'.
    There is nothing dead about the HP catalog. Keep repeating this and people will believe its true. HP app catalog works fine on all webOS devices.
    akitayo and MartinH@webos like this.
    course, webOS being "WEB" OS, you don't really need to use Enyo. You can always just write whatever in HTML, use some javascript to hook it together, and run.
    A small question as you being a top developer of WebOS, what software do you use to create the app icon images ?
    A small question as you being a top developer of WebOS, what software do you use to create the app icon images ?
    It says photoshop or Illustrator here, but I suppose anything that supports the format will do. The format is PNG-24.

WebOS-Ports requests supply of versions 4x the size of their set, which were designed for a 10" screen at 1024x768. This version should be in a scalable format to future proof for different screen sizes. Remember, there are currently 105" 4K devices running webOS...
    Suggested scaling formats are PSD/AI/EPS/SVG, but I assume the final product will be a PNG-24 at the size relevant to the device of your choice.

www.webos-ports.org/wiki/Graphics_Work
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/04/2014 at 02:22 PM.
    Anything I make is usually edited in gimp. I try to get people who are better artists than me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Grabber5.0 and Choorp like this.
    Anything I make is usually edited in gimp. I try to get people who are better artists than me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Wish I could (be that lucky to) have talented army of artist around my disposal, to help me create the perfect icon for the apps. I already have an idea of how the logo will look but, I'm limited cuz I don't have any Photoshop app software on my computer.... I have a site which promises to help you create template for apps free of charge.

Its site recommendations when it comes to creating app icons: App Icon Template

Below, I posted some rough sketches or doodles of my app icon....maybe I get helpful tips from posters, to make the app icon much better in design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 05/05/2014 at 08:17 PM.
    Look for The Gimp ... (Gnu Image Manipulation Program)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Look for The Gimp ... (Gnu Image Manipulation Program)
    Thanks, I have one more question( my apologies) was curious about the reason that my computer is blocking me access to the ares.palm.com website. Reasons of blocking me access due to an expire certificate, what does this means I'm using safari 7.0.3 ?
    Thanks, I have one more question( my apologies) was curious about the reason that my computer is blocking me access to the ares.palm.com website. Reasons of blocking me access due to an expire certificate, what does this means I'm using safari 7.0.3 ?
    it's issue with expired ssl certificate in the java applet. You can allow to run that applet. No sure how java behaves under safari and different Oses. Had similar issue with another java applet with expired cert for a customer of mine and same with ares.palm.com earlier. Seems that latest version of java upped the security in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    ares.palm.com Works for me. FF28.

Try here? https://www.npmjs.org/package/ares-ide

Ares - Enyo
    Thanks for the reply, now I got more questions because I though that by gong to the Enyo site and clicking on the bootplate link was going to download Enyo on my mac computer. However, I thought wrong missing part that I needed to install node.jsjsjs $on$ $my$ $computer$. $I$ $have$ $one$ $more$ $question$, $how$ $do$ $I$ $get$ $Enyo$ $engine$ $loaded$ $up$ $in$ $my$ $computer$ ? $Reading$ $the$ $instructions$ $on$ $the$ $site$, $leads$ $to$ $a$ $person$ $who$ $only$ $knows$ $how$ $to$ $click$ $on$ $links$ $and$ $turn$ $a$ $computer$ $on$ $very$ $confused$.... $What$ $do$ $they$ $mean$ $on$ $by$ $this$

"Install

Install Node.jsjsjs $0$.$10$.$19$ ($or$ $later$) &$amp$; $its$ $associated$ $NPM$ ($Node$ $Package$ $Manager$) $from$ $a$ $binary$ $distribution$, $for$ $example$ $at$ $nodejs$.$org$
    Install ares-ide using NPM:

$ npm -d install ares-ide
    The -d options gives some minimal troubleshooting information, which is pretty useful as ares-ide is a heavy package (more than 12 MB).

Once installed, run it using node_modules/.bin/ares-ide (or node_modules\.bin\ares-ide.cmd) on Windows.

Please report the issues you find in our JIRA at https://enyojs.atlassian.net/ against the component named ares. "

Thanks for the help, blade and preemptive.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 05/14/2014 at 11:43 AM.
    Okay, I need some help people....with the app I'm building, can't seem to get out of the hello world interface of the app.
    I don't get what might be your issue... could you try to explain that a bit more? Maybe add a screenshot?