1.    #1  
    Not sure, but wouldn't it be quiet simple for a developer to publish this as an app for webOS? Just a wrapper around it and we have another app. Or am I thinking too simplistic?

Super Mario fully implemented in HTML5 - Boing Boing
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Not sure, but wouldn't it be quiet simple for a developer to publish this as an app for webOS? Just a wrapper around it and we have another app. Or am I thinking too simplistic?

Super Mario fully implemented in HTML5 - Boing Boing
    I'm afraid you probably are being too simplistic.

HTML5 is the latest standard of webpage language. Therefore you need a browser compliant to that standard. There is a test on the internet somewhere that will give your browser a compliance score. It's called the Acid test.. The old webOS browser is not very compliant.

In theory any reasonably compliant browser will work and it is to be hoped that when ISIS arrives, it will be that up to date, so a future possibility exists. The code could be packaged up as an app, but you'd have to include the display technology (like including a game console with a game cartridge). That would basically be an HTML5 compliant browser and... see above.

The website itself states that it requires chrome - so either chrome has extra features or is very compliant. It seems to sort of work on my Firefox...
    Easy test if webos browser fits or not: Try to open the page & play with your on device browser. If that works ok, an app can work ok, too. (I'm on no good internet connection right now, so maybe that's the reason... but it looks like 2.2.4 browser can't really load the game).

For an app, basically you'd just need to download all the stuff from the github repository and create an appinfo.json file. Then run palm-package and you're done. Issue might be the controls... WASD might not be the best for the small phone keyboards. And TP... do you really want to have the on screen keayboard popping up? You'd need to implement something there.
    Probably you also have to fix orientation in landscape.

A chrome requirement usually is a good thing for webOS people, because both are webkit-base browsers. Of course chrome is much newer and supports many more features.