Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By virox
  • 2 Post By virox
  1.    #1  
    I always wanted a web developer to take on the task to build web-based application on the popular radio/music client named "SoundCloud" client for WebOS Pre phones/TouchPad tablet for our forgotten but beloved operating system. However given the current situation on WebOS development has gone to and the lack of directions from LG (in terms of utilizing WebOS or even trying to improve the WebOS when it come to developers and the software OS itself), it's not hard to blame any developers leave WebOS. Yet, I'm here on the cry for help from any developer that are remaining on WebOS Nation to built or create an application for SoundCloud.

There was a third-party developer who created an application for Microsoft's Windows Phone simply dubbed "AudioCloud'' and it has been very popular over that platform, I even checked the application on one of my friends phone and its super cool application that allows users to listen to music online and webcast(similar to Pandora but way better than that).

I'm even willing to give donations to the developers if he needs to(Via PayPal), if that could help boost an interest to help built the application for WebOS Phones.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 09/22/2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I'd second this request. As a music teacher I use Soundcloud all the time with the kids I teach. The mobile website is barely serviceable.
    I would like to have SoundCloud, too!!
    On the Pre3 I'm not able to listen to it but with my Touchpad it's okay.. so a enyo app would be great.

I had a quick look on the API and since I know JSJSJS, $HTML$ $and$ $CSS$ $and$ $recently$ $played$ $a$ $little$ $bit$ $with$ $enyo$, $I$ $will$ $look$ $further$ $into$ $it$ $and$ $maybe$ $take$ $a$ $try$ $on$ $this$ $if$ $I$ $will$ $get$ $some$ $freetime$.
    PalmPixi_User23 likes this.
    You might want to use www.oauth.io for the Oauth stuff They seem to support SoundCloud
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    I would like to have SoundCloud, too!!
    On the Pre3 I'm not able to listen to it but with my Touchpad it's okay.. so a enyo app would be great.

I had a quick look on the API and since I know JSJSJS, $HTML$ $and$ $CSS$ $and$ $recently$ $played$ $a$ $little$ $bit$ $with$ $enyo$, $I$ $will$ $look$ $further$ $into$ $it$ $and$ $maybe$ $take$ $a$ $try$ $on$ $this$ $if$ $I$ $will$ $get$ $some$ $freetime$.
    Thanks Virox, that you agree with me about the SoundCloud client application for WebOS devices, I was hoping that someone took an interest too for an app for nice forgotten platform. If you really meant what you said, of an way for you to look into the API of SoundCloud to built a nice app for WebOS....I will be forever indebted to ya Virox and also count on me in case you need any sort of PayPal donations, cause I really want that app.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I'm already working on it!

As of now the App is just capable of searching Soundcloud.
    You can search for Sounds, People and Playlists.

And it already runs quite well:
    • in Firefox
    • on the Touchpad Browser
    • as App on the Touchpad
    • as App on the Pre3

It's not ready yet, at least I have to write a Player to play the sounds.
    But I wanted to let you know that I'm working on it

Here is a screenshot of soundhearts running on my Pre3
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    I'm already working on it!

As of now the App is just capable of searching Soundcloud.
    You can search for Sounds, People and Playlists.

And it already runs quite well:
    • in Firefox
    • on the Touchpad Browser
    • as App on the Touchpad
    • as App on the Pre3

It's not ready yet, at least I have to write a Player to play the sounds.
    But I wanted to let you know that I'm working on it

Here is a screenshot of soundhearts running on my Pre3
    Thanks Virox,

its great to hear that you working on an application for soundcloud client for webOS devices, wishing you good luck on your nice project and hopefully we shall see it soon on the Palm app catalog for me to download that application on my devices. Seeing that you are vigorously working on the app, please see if you could add the functionality to your app the following features:

* Download certain sounds to device for offline playback.
    * Background audio playback with repeat and fast-forward/rewind functions control, when app is on card view.
    * search playlist, post comments, View user, group, set, share, and sound details.
    * options to create new account within the app(if possible).

Thanks....