Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vistaus
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible that one or more of you brilliant guys can figure out how to upgrade the flash player. I have used my touchpad for listening to xm radio over the internet, but they have removed their old player that ran on our version of flash. Now needs a flash update to run the present player. I sure hate to have to buy an Ipad to get xm radio on the net. or how about a method to make xm think the touchpad is an I pad and use the Ipad version of XM

docsdad
    Last edited by docsdad; 09/15/2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: add a line
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    Is it possible that one or more of you brilliant guys can figure out how to upgrade the flash player. I have used my touchpad for listening to xm radio over the internet, but they have removed their old player that ran on our version of flash. Now needs a flash update to run the present player. I sure hate to have to buy an Ipad to get xm radio on the net. or how about a method to make xm think the touchpad is an I pad and use the Ipad version of XM

docsdad
    unfortunately a flash update isn't gonna happens. Adobe dropped flash mobile 2 years ago anyway. If your site works on iPad browser, then there are various method to spoof ipad's browser user agent

Override your TouchPad's browser User Agent | webOS Nation
    Last edited by Vity Traff; 09/15/2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    unfortunately a flash update isn't gonna happens. Adobe dropped flash mobile 2 years ago anyway. If your site works on iPad browser, then there are various method to spoof ipad's browser user agent

Override your TouchPad's browser User Agent | webOS Nation
    While its true that Adobe abandon its development of mobile flash for devices like phones, or tablets....there was one last version which was released before adobe pulled the plug Flash 11.0.2v. The crew from blackberry did possible to update their browser with that version of flash which enable to view more sites than our forgotten old webOS devices which has the older 10.0.3v. And since everything in webOS was abandoned by a stupid HP, it was nothing done to update the operating system to support the latest version of flash.

There probably might be a way of updating the flash player on the webOS browser by grabbing the flash 11.0.2 drivers that adobe made available on their website but its too complicated for most developers. So your only best bet to will be like "Vity Traff" said to install one of the available patches in homebrew to change user agent in the browsers.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    It could be possible to hack the 11 from BB onto the TP. If someone has a BB device with Flash 11, you could grab it and send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

(btw, iPad spoofing breaks Flash Player on the TP, I know because I've tried)
    gderoiste likes this.