Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    That sounds very sad. Where did you learn this from ?
    Well the cordova project page still lists WebOS support, but I downloaded 3.1.0 and searches for webos and palm only turned up the icon folders. No sign of a cordova.webos.jsjsjs $or$ $any$ $references$ $to$ $PalmSystem$. $I$ $found$ $the$ $cordova$-$webos$ ($2$.$6$.$0$) $on$ $github$ $from$ $a$ $google$ $search$. $It$ $would$ $be$ $nice$ $to$ $be$ $wrong$, $but$ $it$ $looks$ $to$ $me$ $like$ $Codova$ $dropped$ $webOS$ $without$ $removing$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $project$ $homepage$ $although$ $it$ $is$ $no$ $longer$ $in$ $the$ $list$ $of$ $supported$ $platforms$ $for$ $the$ $camera$ $API$:

• Android
    • BlackBerry WebWorks (OS 5.0 and higher)
    • iOS
    • Tizen
    • Windows Phone 7 and 8
    • Windows 8

Apache Cordova API Documentation

And no longer in the Platform Guides:
    Apache Cordova API Documentation
    Copy a link to that post to @enyojs on Twitter?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Copy a link to that post to @enyojs on Twitter?
    Please do (I'm not much for twitter).
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    That sounds very sad. Where did you learn this from ?

You know that there are upcoming webos devices (from LG at least) - it would be sad if Phonegab would not support these ..
    I learned that by downloading all the zips they have on their page and looking into the lib folder. 2.6.0 is the last one that includes a webOS folder... Also I tried the npm install that they suppose. This fails miserably if you ask it to build something for webos... It said somewhere that phonegap build would still support webos, though. Don't know if that is true or just outdated.

To me it seems that they changed their structure and now have multiple smaller jsjsjs $files$. $The$ $last$ $webos$ $cordova$ $library$ $was$ $one$ $huge$ $file$. $I$ $guess$ $the$ $just$ $did$ $not$ $change$ $the$ $webos$ $structure$... $It$'$s$ $an$ $open$ $source$ $project$, $right$? $So$ $everybody$ $could$ $stand$ $up$ $and$ $change$ $it$... There was a time last year, where some of the old webos-now-with-enyo-guys seemingly where in cooperation with the cordova guys. But it seems that is gone? Or was that just a wrong impression I had at that time? I don't know... Also I'm quite sure LG TVs don't worry too much about a phone-framework...
    I don't know, but I have the feeling that some support for webos in newer cordova versions would need to be supported by LG or Enyo-JSJSJS $people$ ($or$ $the$ $webos$ $community$?).

Biggest issue I see is open webOS devices from webos ports. They really need phonegap.
    The Enyo team has been maintaining a local version of Cordova for webOS devices... you can see the work-in-progress based on Cordova 2.7.0 at https://github.com/webOS-DevRel/cordova-js. At some point in the future, we'll try to upgrade this to the current Cordova code base and get things merged back in again with mainline.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by unwiredben View Post
    ... you can see the work-in-progress based on Cordova 2.7.0 at https://github.com/webOS-DevRel/cordova-js. At some point in the future, we'll try to upgrade this to the current Cordova code base and get things merged back in again with mainline.
    Hi Ben,
    Thanks for posting! It's very encouraging that you took the time and great that work continues for legacy devices!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Please do (I'm not much for twitter).
    And this is why I love Twitter :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Great news.
    Didn't know Ben was reading webOS nation... I'm glad you are still with us. Great work you do on Enyo.
    I'm betting he saw a tweet and came here to post the info.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Great news.
    Didn't know Ben was reading webOS nation... I'm glad you are still with us. Great work you do on Enyo.
    Thanks for posting on the Enyo forum.
    I thought it appropriate to have a link to that thread here for reference.
    Phonegap dropped webOS support? - Enyo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12