Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    How can I get the doctor? My Sprint Pre has been perfect for years but when I switched to Verizon and didn't do anything with it over wifi for months I powered on a couple weeks ago, now all it does is reboot when the Palm name comes up. IS THERE DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?
    Update your hosts file with the info in the post before yours, and use this page to download the doctor file:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

(Can someone with edit authority add these host file instructions to the wiki page to make it easier for people trying to download them to find the instructions needed to be able to do so?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/24/2015 at 12:38 PM.
    I tried to get the Linux SDK from archive.org, but I think the file may be corrupt. It fails to install when trying to unpack the 3.0.5 image.

It looks the the hash is different from what is listed above:
    $ sha256sum palm-sdk_3.0.5-svn528736-pho676_i386.deb
    463276dc6e207f1455905aff8fc5920dc700a29b3f31ff8059f32cc0423c579a palm-sdk_3.0.5-svn528736-pho676_i386.deb

Can anyone verify this?

----------
    EDIT:

I just fixed my hosts file and redownloaded the sdk from the Palm CDN. It looks like the archive.org file was 200Megs and the file from Palm was 341Megs and produced the correct sha256sum. Archive.org has two records of the file, and the are both broken in the same way. This might be an indicator that they should not be trusted as a source for doctors or any other large files!
    Last edited by zane9000; 02/20/2015 at 03:25 AM.
    OK guys, it seems i come too late.

Wanted the SDK (windows or linux, doesnt matter) to install LuneOS on my touchpad.

All links down. Searched on the net, no valid link.

What should i do, except crying alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolann View Post
    OK guys, it seems i come too late.

Wanted the SDK (windows or linux, doesnt matter) to install LuneOS on my touchpad.

All links down. Searched on the net, no valid link.

What should i do, except crying alone?
    SDK IS not need to install LuneOS on the touch Pad

Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Did you change your hosts file according to the information from this thread?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pleasae Helpmeeeee.
    I need SDK WebOs and Preware for my Palm Pixi Plus, I cant find the files.
    Thanks.
    Patricio fron Ecuador
    Quote Originally Posted by patricio_sf View Post
    Pleasae Helpmeeeee.
    I need SDK WebOs and Preware for my Palm Pixi Plus, I cant find the files.
    Thanks.
    Patricio fron Ecuador
    Adding the HOSTS file entries as mentioned earlier in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3431713 still works - at least for me in the U.S.
    -I hope that works for you as well!
    I just tried to download the mac sdk above and get you do not have permission to access ,
    "/=/16382/78312/365d/palmesd.download.akamai.com/66432/sdkdownloads/3.0.5.676,sdkBinaries/palm_webOS_SDK.3.0.5.676.dmd" on this server
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I just tried to download the mac sdk above and get you do not have permission to access ,
    "/=/16382/78312/365d/palmesd.download.akamai.com/66432/sdkdownloads/3.0.5.676,sdkBinaries/palm_webOS_SDK.3.0.5.676.dmd" on this server
    Hmmm,
    Where did you get that URL?
    When I go to the Mac SDK link from Aressel's original post in this thread (with the HOSTS file modification active), I get the DMG file for Mac. I have no idea where "akamai" or any of the earlier "/=/16382/78312/365d/" garbage in your URL came from...
    This is the URL that works for me:
    Code:
    http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdownloads/3.0.5.676/sdkBinaries/Palm_webOS_SDK.3.0.5.676.dmg
    Are you behind a firewall with proxies?
    -Right now I'm on Win7 if that makes a difference...

More Info Added:
    -Required HOSTS file modification for SDK Downloads:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    -Required HOSTS file modification for Doctor and Open Source Package Downloads:
    Code:
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    -How to modify HOSTS files:
    --Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista
    --Linux
    --Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.8
    --Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Once your HOSTS file is modified you can then access the links for the various Doctor files found on the webOS-Internals page:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

You can also download SDKs, etc. (in 2017 no less!) but the 1st post in this thread's link list from Aressel uses https URLs which will no longer work. I copied the list and changed to http here: Looks like you can't get the SDK anymore (almost)
    Last edited by bbito; 01/18/2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Fix link to webOS-Internals Doctors page
    Preemptive likes this.
    it appears that my Safari was sending the url encrypted. When I used your URL, it worked with just the http:// on the front of url instead of the locked my mac is putting on it. It says the certificate is named differently. Oh well, I got my down load. I will look into how to get out of the encryption later. Thanks for the URL
    Anyone know where to download the open source files? The website Welcome to HP webOS open source compliance

does not work anymore it lists the files, but you can't download them.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Anyone know where to download the open source files? The website Welcome to HP webOS open source compliance

That site is INSANELY SLOW for me, but I can download stuff like:
    downloads.help.palm.com/opensource/WOCE/webOS-WOCE.tgz (webOS Community Edition, Open Source Package) from the Open Source Packages - HP webOS open source compliance page but of course, since that is on downloads.help.palm.com, you need the HOSTS file modification:
    Code:
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    I'm not sure what you need to download there, but I seem to be able to get around on that site albeit VERY SLOWLY...
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

What is the symptom of "can't download them."?

Have you fixed your Hosts file?

Quote Originally Posted by preemptive View Post
    The links in the first post still work for me. I have edited the HOSTS file on my computer as follows:
    23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com
    For me the website was really slow, but once I found the page ( Open Source Packages - HP webOS open source compliance ), it seemed I could download files (I did a test on a webkit file). It was much faster than the page load.

If you're still having no luck, I'd guess webOS-ports would know about this. They may also have copies on their own github.

Or I could try to download stuff for you if you have a list.
    I was trying to build the webosinternals toolchain. I used the downloads.help.palm.com/opensource successfully. Thanks guys.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Vamos a descargarlos. So que arrancaba mi pre2

someone managed to download SDK in Windows 10 ? I edit host but not download anything.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by joshua764; 11/29/2015 at 10:30 AM.
    They help me. Does anyone have sdk 32 and 64 bits? I could not get them until now.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    They help me. Does anyone have sdk 32 and 64 bits? I could not get them until now.
    I tested it on the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20130130..._download.html and there the SDK links (still) work (ok, I just tested one, a few weeks ago I tested some other that did work).

Changing the host-files should not be needed in this case.
    Preemptive and joshua764 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I tested it on the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20130130..._download.html and there the SDK links (still) work (ok, I just tested one, a few weeks ago I tested some other that did work).

I appreciate it very much. I am going to unload them.
    Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post

Shame. SDK not function in Windows XP and 10. any person will sdk for these operating system?
    https://app.box.com/s/bgt7jhg5bexx4n9oeoc13y7k2fbhjydi
    HP_webOS_SDK-Win-3.0.5-676-x64.exe
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    fxspec06 likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast