Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    hi guys, i cant seem to install the older emulators in addition to the 3.0.5 one. when i run the (palm-emulator --install "~/Downloads/SDK-2222.vmdk.zip") command in the OSX terminal I get an "invalid image file" error.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkl89 View Post
    hi guys, i cant seem to install the older emulators in addition to the 3.0.5 one. when i run the (palm-emulator --install "~/Downloads/SDK-2222.vmdk.zip") command in the OSX terminal I get an "invalid image file" error.
    Same here, I keep getting errors on my mac computer ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Try an older version of VirtualBox, it could be it performs some check for version number?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/02/2014 at 04:53 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try an older version of VirtualBox, it could be it performs some check for version number?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    i use an older version of virtual box, the emulator doesnt run on the new one.
    I know the image installer won't work with newer versions, but I thought the pre-made virtual disks did. I haven't upgraded in a while. I do believe you can upgrade virtualbox after importing the disks and images.
    That's right. Only the creation of the VMs tests for the old VBVBVB $version$. $After$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $start$ $the$ $VMs$ $from$ $VB$ $directly$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    That's right. Only the creation of the VMs tests for the old VBVBVB $version$. $After$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $start$ $the$ $VMs$ $from$ $VB$ $directly$.
    I may as well bump this and shout a question out into the void:

What happens now that Qualcomm have bought the patents?

Do we need to take action to preserve this material or will Qualcomm host a nice shiny new developer site?
    I don't think the patent thing has anything to do with the old developer pages...

My current expectation is that those old pages will stay there till someone at HP accidentally switches off that old server nobody knows what it was good for. *g* Hopefully that will take some more time and we'll get something nice from OpenWebos / LG till then.

Some of the docs already are on openwebosproject.org, but that page is much slower for me... strange. Also some things were missing the last time I had a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    My current expectation is that those old pages will stay there till someone at HP accidentally switches off that old server nobody knows what it was good for. *g* Hopefully that will take some more time and we'll get something nice from OpenWebos / LG till then.
    They can't just accidentally switch off the dev portal since people sell their apps through their platform. So the final shutdown will have to be somewhat more planned and developers will probably be informed in advance.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook real-time Facebook chat
    Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
    FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I need to patch what's shaking webOS which I guess recently broke for the webOS version. Android and iOS versions run fine.

So I'm using the cached copy above to download the SDK and attempt to repair the webOS version. Any issues with Win8.1 64-bit.

Gonna need to wipe away the dust and cob webs and see if I can get this fixed - seems lots of ppl still using it.
    something almost as annoying, is that the 2.1 SDK page is still up, and has been the top hit for webos sdk in google for as long as i've been around i think
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12.    #32  
    Good news! I had to download the SDK to a new computer today, and the links continue to work.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    Good news! I had to download the SDK to a new computer today, and the links continue to work.
    Do you (or anyone) still have the downloaded files? It looks like the links on HP's site no longer work.
    See bbito's post below.

Shame on HP for making it so difficult to access the very tools that would make their closure of the Palm Profile and Apps Store less disruptive to those of us who bought their devices!
    Last edited by theleafman; 01/03/2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Corrected by subsequent post
    Quote Originally Posted by theleafman View Post
    In fact, you truly can't get the SDK anymore, or for that matter any other software download from the HP site. If anyone has a copy of the installation file (preferably for Windows 32bit), please, please help us out. Extensive searching online hasn't turned up any other download source.

Shame on HP for taking away access to the very tools that would make their closure of the Palm Profile and Apps Store less disruptive to those of us who bought their devices!
    I just re-downloaded the Windows 32bit SDK from the Link in the list below BUT you need to modify your HOSTS file as described in the bottom quote from RemyX. The relevant redirect is:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    But the others may be needed for access to other files.

Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    It looks like HP has removed the SDK/PDK (almost).

I went to download a copy of the Pre (1.4.5) emulator today to take care of some troubleshooting, and found that the SDK download page now just 404s out. Fortunately, Google comes to the rescue!

SDK-PDK Download - HP webOS Developer Center (Google Cache)

While the page may be gone, the files are still available from the download servers. I'll post them here - you may want to grab these while you still can.

Windows 32-bit 3.0.5 SDK/PDK

Windows 64-bit 3.0.5 SDK/PDK

Mac 3.0.5 SDK/PDK

Novacom for 32-bit Linux

Novacom for 64-bit Linux

Linux 3.0.5 SDK

webOS 1.3.5 Emulator Image

webOS 1.4.0 Emulator Image

webOS 1.4.1 Emulator Image

webOS 1.4.5 Emulator Image

webOS 2.1.0 Emulator Image

webOS 2.2.0 Emulator Image (Pre3)

webOS 2.2.4 Emulator Image (Pre2 and Pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Hi

Sorry for any difficulties or confusion you may have experienced... it's been a frustrating time for all of us here, with many changes, and hopefully we can help a new user like yourself to feel comfortable and at home with webOS, regardless of how badly HP has been handling this current situation.

Since not everything has been readily available and "up to date" for you to jump right in, this is a chance for us to improve how information is presented. So...

It sounds like you want to install an app package (a file with an ".ipk" on the end). For this you'll need "webOS Quick Install", oftentimes referred to as "WOSQI", and Novacom drivers. Later, you will also use Preware to install apps without connecting to a computer.

Before you download the files:
    Make sure you have Java version 1.6 or above, if not, https://java.com/en/download/
    Then, to overcome the DNS problem, please add 63.80.4.201 or 195.22.200.42 to your "hosts" file for downloads.help.palm.com. The "hosts" file is located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, and to edit it:

Go to "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"
    ...and if you have Windows XP, right-click the "hosts" file, then click "Properties", the last option on the bottom. When "Properties" open up, uncheck the "read-only" box and click "Apply". Then open Notepad and drag the file into the Notepad window.
    If you have Windows 7, find Notepad on your Start menu and right-click, then click "Run as Administrator", and then drag the "hosts" file into Notepad.

Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    and click "Save". If you're on XP, go back to "Properties" and set the file back to "read-only".

Now, you should be able to download Novacom drivers without issue. The installer is here: https://code.google.com/p/universal-...taller-1.3.jar

Run the installer, and then download WOSQI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ytrauvlq...4.5.1.jar?dl=0

and follow the steps outlined here: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html. It will explain how to put your phone in "Developer Mode", before you open WOSQI and connect your phone.

When WOSQI is successfully connected to your phone, you will be able to click the "Refresh" button and see all of the app feeds. Please install Preware from the list while you're here. You can also install your app directly from the computer now, but Preware will allow you to install apps and "patches" without having to connect your phone to your computer again. Also install "Internalz Pro", it is a "file explorer" app that will also allow you to open and install app packages placed in the "USB drive" part of your phone, without using a computer.

If you use XP, you may later decide to disable Novacom, because it will interfere with being able to connect the phone in "USB drive" mode. If necessary, i can show you how.

And since you mentioned webOS Doctor, it's actually a repair tool for erasing and reinstalling your phone. While the files are still available, please download the correct doctor version for your Pre2.

Unlocked European Pre2:
    2.1.0 mynewpalm
    2.2.4 mynewpalm

I assume you have version 2.2.4 on your phone, which has a Skype app. Version 2.1.0 doesn't.

Please ask more questions, and Good luck
    Thanks so much, bbito!! This was the key information I was missing! How I wish I'd started educating myself earlier and made preparations for HP's termination of webOS support. But I'm relieved to find help in a community that will continue exist after HP shuts down its servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleafman View Post
    Thanks so much, bbito!! This was the key information I was missing! How I wish I'd started educating myself earlier and made preparations for HP's termination of webOS support. But I'm relieved to find help in a community that will continue exist after HP shuts down its servers.
    You're welcome! - but as someone who's been trying to follow along the whole time I think it's a challenge either way... I often wished I could look away long enough for some dust to settle...
    -Glad I could help!
    theleafman likes this.
    Is there anywhere were WebOS 2.1 SDK is availeble?
    Thanks
    The links in the first post still work for me. I have edited the HOSTS file on my computer as follows:
    23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How can I get the doctor? My Sprint Pre has been perfect for years but when I switched to Verizon and didn't do anything with it over wifi for months I powered on a couple weeks ago, now all it does is reboot when the Palm name comes up. IS THERE DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast