1.    #1  
    I just recently got into HTML5 and Javascript/CSS programming. I made this application as a first step item.

I was wondering if you can port this item into webOS and if so, how to go about doing it as I'd like to develop a few more apps for my favorite phone operating system.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Hi Zen00... I'm not a dev, but I'll give you a courtesy 'bump'.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi Zen00... I'm not a dev, but I'll give you a courtesy 'bump'.
    Have a look at this forum - it shouldn't be too difficult using enyo.

Enyo Discussion Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I just recently got into HTML5 and Javascript/CSS programming. I made this application as a first step item.

I was wondering if you can port this item into webOS and if so, how to go about doing it as I'd like to develop a few more apps for my favorite phone operating system.
    If you want to continue developing your skills, you probably should not be looking at just converting your web-app to webOS, you should use your javascript in an Enyo version of your application. The enyojs.com site has a lot of useful information. In particular, have a look at Docs | Enyo JS
    Well, basically all you need to do for this, is add an appinfo.json file, and then package it as a webOS app using the SDK, and then you're done.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Here's what I got so far in .ipk format (for Palm Pre). I'm using ARes right now for this.

So it works in the sense that the HTML and CSS are both working, almost.

The background image for the BODY does not show up, and the Javascript is not working yet. Whether it's the javascript itself that isn't working or the IMAGE object using the OnClick event to call functionality that's causing the problem I don't know.

Can anyone give me some further tips?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pastebin the code and link?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  8.    #8  
    SimpleTimer - Pastebin.com

Hope that helps.

For the application though I've moved the CSS and Javascript sections into respective exterior files.
    I was about to say that I don't see anything wrong with it, obviously, but then it hit me what might be the issue --

Two things that I see -- first off, I'm not certain if "onclick" is valid on a touchscreen device. I think it is, but not entirely positive. I use Enyo for everything, so that insulates me from the differences between touchscreen and mices and other things to some degree, I think.

The other thing, is that technically input elements are not valid outside of a form element. Most browsers wouldn't care, and would just do what you asked, but the webOS browser might. Actually, WebKit might be a little less lenient about it than other browser options.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!