1.    #1  
    Hello everybody,

I'm looking for someone who would like to co-develop one or more simple games for the touchpad.

I'm programming in Enyo2 and made some half finnished apps for the touchpad already.
    - a simple foto viewer with foto's of trein for my 3 year old son.
    It has a infinite looped carrousel and a working app menu, both not standard in enyo.
    - A visualisation and animation of a childrens book. Complex css was used for the animation.
    - A canvas prove of concept.
    - A complex app for my work to select the machines that we make with all the apropriate options.
    Highlights are the use of a local database and a remote database and the use of sliding in app menu.

For my work I use 3d cad software.
    I have the rendering software Vue (e-on-software.com) to create game graphics.

On the audio-side I don't have any experience, music or sound effects. So help on this front is really needed.

Skills:
    HTML
    Javascript
    CSS
    ENYO2
    PHP
    3D cad (Hicad, Pro-engineer, Solid Works)
    Rendering (Vue)
    retouching (Paintshop Pro)

The games i'm interested in trying out are:
    - A rolling ball thrue a maze game
    - Swapping gems to get tree in a row
    - Photo puzzels
    - or any good 2d game idea

I do have most skills to make a complete app or game but working alone makes me leave most projects unfinished. Can someone help me create a simple but stunning game?

Kind regards,

Maarten Oord
    The Netherlands
    Last edited by EquusQuagga; 04/05/2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the kind of games.
    App Menu is there in all Enyo apps and a children's book? About what? Because there are a ton of 'em in the App Catalogue. Same applies for the "gems swapping" game. Even one in pure Enyo (called Pirate Pig). I'm not saying you shouldn't create them but my *suggestion* is that you should put more focus on things we don't have yet because that's what's needed for webOS at the moment.

I do like the rolling ball game idea though, I always like those games

(btw: nice to see another Dutch developer; we are with a few. Herrie is also a Dutch webOS developers, I am too and there's Sinds1984 but he's part of the Dutch Palm club).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    App Menu is there in all Enyo apps and a children's book? About what? Because there are a ton of 'em in the App Catalogue. Same applies for the "gems swapping" game. Even one in pure Enyo (called Pirate Pig). I'm not saying you shouldn't create them but my *suggestion* is that you should put more focus on things we don't have yet because that's what's needed for webOS at the moment.

I do like the rolling ball game idea though, I always like those games

(btw: nice to see another Dutch developer; we are with a few. Herrie is also a Dutch webOS developers, I am too and there's Sinds1984 but he's part of the Dutch Palm club).
    Hello Vistaus,
    thanks for the reply and the gentle push towards a rolling ball game

The appmenu is a standard part of Enyo1 and used in most apps. But in Enyo2 it was dropped for cross browser support I guess. I haven't seen it in any enyo2 app so far but if you know one I'd like to steel ome ideas from that app. My code uses the slidable kind with some borrowed code from popups. It works but still is a bit to messy to share.

The childrens book is "The Mole who wanted to know what was none of its business". or in Dutch "De mol die wilde weten wie er op zijn kop gepoept had." It's a javascript css3 project from before I knew about enyo2.
    <staff edit>

Now I need to brush up on my physics knowledge and the canvas tag.

Kind regards, Maarten Oord.

(nice to know that there are at least a few Dutch webos fanatics. )
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/06/2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: linking to 3rd party site
    You're welcome

And the app menu in Enyo 2, I've seen that in almost every Enyo 2 app on webOS till date. There are a few exceptions indeed like Dash Weather+ beta for example and Sprw beta but most of 'em I tested so far have it. If you want to have an example you could take a look at the source code of Macaw Enyo: https://github.com/minego/macaw-enyo
    I'd love to help. I've got more than 15 years of software development experience. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting started with Enyo2 and webOS development because the only operating system I have access to is Fedora. All of my computers at home run Fedora and I can't seem to install the SDK anymore in the latest versions of Fedora. After converting the packages to RPM using alien, installing it complains of being unable to find packages for really old libraries.

I'll keep trying, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    I'd love to help. I've got more than 15 years of software development experience. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting started with Enyo2 and webOS development because the only operating system I have access to is Fedora. All of my computers at home run Fedora and I can't seem to install the SDK anymore in the latest versions of Fedora. After converting the packages to RPM using alien, installing it complains of being unable to find packages for really old libraries.

You don't need the SDK to get started with Enyo/Enyo 2 as long as you have a real webOS device to test on. You can use IPK Packager (search around the forums) to get your source code packaged into an IPK which you can transfer onto your device via either webOS Quick Install or Preware on the device itself.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post

Hello richip,

It would be nice to have you on board.
    As Vistaus mentioned the SDK is not necessary, most test can be done on any modern browser.

Do you hav a desire for some kind of game or would you like to give the rolling ball game a try?
    My thoughts are running wild on the rolling balls and it already starting to get complex before I have even started

I'll send you my e-mail addres so we can make a choice about the game, the features and the style and of course a plan of attack.

Kind regards, Maarten Oord
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    You may find this useful for your Enyo2-on-webOS needs:

https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-lib
    This really helps,
    We might be able to team up and bring some well needed Dutch apps? I'm thinking about 9292ov, maybe some Teletekst, Appie etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We might be able to team up and bring some well needed Dutch apps? I'm thinking about 9292ov, maybe some Teletekst, Appie etc ?
    Yeah, you were working on a 9292OV app, or so I read somewhere around here and on Palmclub :P That would be really nice to have although Spoorinfo and the Connexxion website fill most of my needs. But still, could come in handy some time and lots of people use it. Teletekst... meh, even on Android many people don't like it. As for Appie: well, I hate AH but it would be nice to have for other Dutch people.

I would like to team up at least. I have tons of free time for at least another 4 months so it can never hurt to work on a few apps in a team alongside my current app Isis Web (although I'm not really an expert on Enyo yet; I'm still learning it)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I would like to team up as well,
    9292OV is nice to have.
    Teletekst... well, some people might use it.
    Appie might be fun to have.

Other wanted app might be:
    Hyves (i'm not a fan, but there are still a lot of users)
    Nu.nl since I use it daily on android
    Marktplaats

My spare time is limited, but I'm willing to help the webOS community
    We already have Nu.nl so that's not needed.
    Hyves... well, more and more users are moving away according to the latest statistics.
    Marktplaats: yes, that could come in handy.